Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Problem is nobody knows when they will finally come to the US versions. So far it is pure conjecture. Not to mention Tesla might start canceling orders like the 3/Y people who wait too long. I'll be a bit ticked off if someone gets their S a month after I take delivery of mine but that is how things go with Tesla. I'll be happy for them of course but it isn't like I'll be getting a really crappy car either.
I was under the impression that all Model S's were produced in Fremont , which if so - it wouldn't make sense to not add the features to all cars at the same time, no?

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The risks are …holding for the next rumored change…and the next…and the next.

We took delivery in Oct and couldn’t be happier.
I agree with that but honestly for me the headlights would the one to hold off on. Not only do they look different (especially the taillights) but they’ll be head over heels better than the current headlights.

Otherwise yes, you’ll be holding off forever otherwise

If it’s like the 3 and then the y when it came out first in Asia and Europe, it should be here very soon then!!!
I’m guessing they’re starting mid Feb here.

But are not all S deliveries or orders to ROW (rest of world) currently on hold?

WHY NOT THE USA FIRST???
Seriously?

Yes, why not?

I was under the impression that all Model S's were produced in Fremont , which if so - it wouldn't make sense to not add the features to all cars at the same time, no?

Agreed. Simplifies the line. First principles, right?

I agree with that but honestly for me the headlights would the one to hold off on. Not only do they look different (especially the taillights) but they’ll be head over heels better than the current headlights.

Otherwise yes, you’ll be holding off forever otherwise

Absolutely. There is going to be lots and lots of changes. But what I specifically asked Franz about on Delivery Day was headlights, taillights, and active spoiler. He said no to all three. Now, if I can get two of them, I'll be plenty thrilled. I was always happy with the refresh interior, I wanted a little more differentiation in the exterior. The lights provide that.

Is it vain? Is it silly? Probably both. But I don't care. It's the car I want. :)

Lights and Horn seem pretty big to me

Lights yes, Horn not so much to me....but would welcome that too.

Honestly, I don’t think it’s going to be a complicated retrofit at all. More than likely will be able to order the 5 parts and be done with it. The current appliqué just sits over the taillights. Making it shorter won’t affect how new one installs. I’ve taken several of these off on S and X models to chrome delete them. Remember, half the car is put together with 3M double sided tape. :)

New tail lights seen in San Francisco -

The new adaptive headlights are finally approved for the US. Anyone know it they can be retrofitted to an earlier Model S? I just took delivery of one built Jan 27 and if the new lights start shipping and meet US regulations, I’m going to be disappointed.

The new adaptive headlights are finally approved for the US. Anyone know it they can be retrofitted to an earlier Model S? I just took delivery of one built Jan 27 and if the new lights start shipping and meet US regulations, I’m going to be disappointed.
Might as well get used to being disappointed. I expect to see these lights any day now, if @EndlessPlaid is to be believed. And he’d better be believed. Because he is Endless…and Plaid.