Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am heading up on Sunday afternoon, I would really love to know if Huntsville is good to go before I leave. Right now I have to do a detour through Barrie on the way up to be able to make it back home. If anyone in the area gets a chance to check on it tomorrow I would really appreciate it!

I am heading up on Sunday afternoon, I would really love to know if Huntsville is good to go before I leave. Right now I have to do a detour through Barrie on the way up to be able to make it back home. If anyone in the area gets a chance to check on it tomorrow I would really appreciate it!

They paved in front of the posts on Thursday, but as of today the stalls are still all wrapped.

Wow, busy lunch hour at the Drummondville SC. I think it must be close to an all-time high. The EV invasion begins! :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    568.9 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: lukex4 and rabar10
It is interesting to note that at the latest SC installations, the inverters and transformers are not in an enclosure anymore.
I think that varies by installation and the deal made with the owner of the property. Augusta Maine for example has an enclosure and that just came online in January. Many more are now going into parking structures too. They had done that from early on, but it seems to be much more common now. I think it just depends on the deal struck.

Isn't it strange that the Parry Sound SC has yet to appear on the Tesla Supercharger map as either a 2016 addition or "Coming Soon"? Or is the one that looks like it is in Sudbury on the map actually the Parry Sound SC?

Huntsville is now listed as "Coming Soon".

And does anyone know if there is any SC activity in either North Bay or Sudbury? Wouldn't it make sense to go there after Huntsville and Parry Sound?

Isn't it strange that the Parry Sound SC has yet to appear on the Tesla Supercharger map as either a 2016 addition or "Coming Soon"? Or is the one that looks like it is in Sudbury on the map actually the Parry Sound SC?

Huntsville is now listed as "Coming Soon".

And does anyone know if there is any SC activity in either North Bay or Sudbury? Wouldn't it make sense to go there after Huntsville and Parry Sound?

Nothing in Sudbury that I'm aware of.

Hopefully we will get more visibility when Parry Sound goes live on the SC website and the marker is still there for Sudbury on the 2016 map. I wonder why they haven't provided us with a 2017 map yet? If I remember correctly last year they had a Today, 2015 and 2016 whereas now we just have Today and 2016.

Tesla Motors will have fulfilled its "by the end of Summer" projections published in a May article in the Globe and Mail when Parry Sound, Huntsville, and RDL are complete.

Will there be another set of installations in the Fall, or will further expansion in Eastern Canada be on hold until next Spring (I am assuming no work in the Winter unless it's on a critical site)?

Can someone ask the Globe and Mail to interview Tesla executives again? :)

The maps on Tesla's site are rarely updated and somewhat unreliable. However, I would think a location like Levis (QC City area) that was originally slated for 2015 is favored to be built before sites that have always been on 2016 like Woodstock, N.B.

Back in the Spring, I heard a,rumour about Ottawa/Gatineau, but it has been radio silence ever since.

Oh yes, a California -like ZEV law will soon be enacted in Quebec and will be incentive for Tesla to accelerate infrastructure construction in Eastern Canada.