Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will there be another set of installations in the Fall, or will further expansion in Eastern Canada be on hold until next Spring (I am assuming no work in the Winter unless it's on a critical site)?

Curious to see how Ontario's EVCO program will go if they don't start construction soon and have to be live by March 31st, 2017. I have a feeling some will be last minute, delayed or canceled, especially the northern Ontario ones.

Curious to see how Ontario's EVCO program will go if they don't start construction soon and have to be live by March 31st, 2017. I have a feeling some will be last minute, delayed or canceled, especially the northern Ontario ones.

Yep... it's already September and the silence is deafening. And it's tough to trench in the conduit under 3 feet of ice and snow. I have serious doubts about some of the partners that our friends in the Ontario government selected.

The Levis (Quebec City area) supercharger would really be useful for winter travel, as one cannot get from the Drummondville Supercharger to the Le Massif ski area without some additional charging (going downhill from Le Massif to Drummondville is within range after a full destination charge).

Chademo charging sure seems slow when it is midnight and you just want to get to the chalet, sleep, and go skiing the next morning.

Reactions: vandacca
The Levis (Quebec City area) supercharger would really be useful for winter travel, as one cannot get from Drummondville to the Le Massif ski area without some additional charging (going downhill from Le Massif to Drummondville is within range after a full destination charge).

Chademo charging sure seems slow when it is midnight and you just want to get to the chalet, sleep, and go skiing the next morning.
I'm hoping I can at least get from Drummondville to Mont Ste Anne in the winter with a P90D X (on 20" wheels).

I'm hoping I can at least get from Drummondville to Mont Ste Anne in the winter with a P90D X (on 20" wheels).

I have made it in an 85D to the Chademo at St-Tite-des-Caps, so Mont Sainte Anne should be within range, especially if you can plug in as soon as you arrive. Part of the challenge with a nighttime arrival in the Le Massif area is that one also needs enough power to get to the high powered destination chargers at the ski hill the next morning, when one only has access at a rented chalet to a 120v plug with an overnight temperature of -20.

The skiing at Le Massif is well worth the extra effort.

Back in the Spring, I heard a,rumour about Ottawa/Gatineau, but it has been radio silence ever since.

Don't believe any rumours about Ottawa. Over the past couple of years we've heard various things were coming, and none have panned out. There are destination chargers at the hotel where they occasionally do test drives, and one at the museum where the local EV club meets. That's all. As far as I can tell we're not really on their radar.

• Informative
Reactions: RiverBrick

I agree that most of the EVCO CHAdeMO probably will not be built until next Spring and Summer, assuming they extend the deadline. Otherwise, cancelation as you say. The recipients of the Federal grants (50% up to $50,000) for CHAdeMO are supposed to be announced within the next few weeks, but it will probably be too late to see anything from that program until next May as well.

I was at the charger in Huntsville on Thursday, the station is completed and final testing was completed on Wednesday. The only issue is the landscaping has yet to be finished and there needs to be some more work done to a curb near the charger. After speaking with one of the workers for about 45 minutes he let me know that they have yet to turn on the power because the property owner did not want people charging while there was still construction to be done. So apparently even though it is complete and technically operational they have the end decision on what time it goes online and is open to the public.

This is reply I received from Tsla a Supercharger team about Ottawa. Not what I want to hear but at least they say they are thinking of Ottawa.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your email and feedback. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site, but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers, especially in the Ottawa area, and we are actively working towards this goal.

We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team

• Helpful
Reactions: Lex