Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 943944

A few in that list, examples:
- Beaver, UT
- Warsaw, NC
-Joplin, MO

Usually, these are moves, where they open a new V3 location across the street (or within 500 metres) and close the old one.

Warsaw was a special case where they fully closed in 2019 because the host hotel became hostile to Tesla and Tesla owners, not letting them even use the bathroom. They later got an agreement with Smithfield BBQ in NC that coincidentally included opening one across NC-24 in 2021. It seems that a Supercharge.info editor re-used the old id for the new site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Earl
View attachment 943944

A few in that list, examples:
- Beaver, UT
- Warsaw, NC
-Joplin, MO

Usually, these are moves, where they open a new V3 location across the street (or within 500 metres) and close the old one.
These are all sort of special cases.

Warsaw had a hostile host hotel owner as previously mentioned.

The original Joplin supercharger was put at a hotel undergoing renovations. It was a construction site for years and then eventually they stopped working on it. No idea what happened, but somehow the renovation plans fell through. It gets my vote for worst ever supercharger location as there was even a lot of tire-piercing debris in the supercharger area due to the construction site. It made sense to shut it down when they opened the new one a couple miles away.

Beaver got a major upgrade, first adding stalls and then adding a ton of v3 stalls. Once there were 24 v3 stalls, the original 4 v2 stalls were mostly irrelevant anyway. It is also undergoing some construction. The car wash in the middle of it is being replaced with a coffee shop so maybe they wanted some non-Tesla parking available for their employees and customers. If you had to give up a few stalls, it makes sense that the old v2 stalls would be the first to go.

But yeah, none of these were direct upgrades per se. All of them had new stalls or location built, and then gradually phased out the old stalls/location. There was a time when both v2 and v3 were operating simultaneously in all cases.

Kettleman City is the one example I can think of where stalls were actually upgraded, but I also consider this a bit of a special case since it is a rare supercharger location where Tesla owns the entire property. I think it was done partly as a v3 prototype and partly to help with a busy Tesla corridor.

These are all sort of special cases.

Warsaw had a hostile host hotel owner as previously mentioned.

The original Joplin supercharger was put at a hotel undergoing renovations. It was a construction site for years and then eventually they stopped working on it. No idea what happened, but somehow the renovation plans fell through. It gets my vote for worst ever supercharger location as there was even a lot of tire-piercing debris in the supercharger area due to the construction site. It made sense to shut it down when they opened the new one a couple miles away.

Beaver got a major upgrade, first adding stalls and then adding a ton of v3 stalls. Once there were 24 v3 stalls, the original 4 v2 stalls were mostly irrelevant anyway. It is also undergoing some construction. The car wash in the middle of it is being replaced with a coffee shop so maybe they wanted some non-Tesla parking available for their employees and customers. If you had to give up a few stalls, it makes sense that the old v2 stalls would be the first to go.

But yeah, none of these were direct upgrades per se. All of them had new stalls or location built, and then gradually phased out the old stalls/location. There was a time when both v2 and v3 were operating simultaneously in all cases.

Kettleman City is the one example I can think of where stalls were actually upgraded, but I also consider this a bit of a special case since it is a rare supercharger location where Tesla owns the entire property. I think it was done partly as a v3 prototype and partly to help with a busy Tesla corridor.
… and Waco TX (“Bellmead”) was expanded from 12 (?) V2 to 22 total V2/V3.

New rest stop on A-50 at 1940 Côte des Cascades, Papineauville, QC, 8 stalls 180kw for Circuit Electrique and On the Run freewire chargers on the radar.

I hope Tesla can get into there.

Ooo, that could be helpful (via the CCS adapter) on our Tremblant trips. I wish there was a way to make the Y pre-condition the battery for non-Tesla chargers (or maybe there is and I just don't know it?)

@Big Earl 's suggestion works in some cases when the SC is close enough. There are two other solutions but they require buying a third party device: The Ingenext bonus module (I think) and the S3XY buttons. From my understanding both are capable of starting battery conditioning for fast charging. I confirm it works on the S3XY buttons as I have those.

Anyone travel north of Highway 17 in Ontario much? I have family in Timmins and Englehart. I've put in suggestions for superchargers in both towns, but in the meantime, what do other people do? My MYLR can reach Tmmins directly from Sudbury and a L2 charger in Timmins to make it back south. But it would be convenient to be able to quickly charge while there.

Yeah, There are Chademo and CCS chargers near New Liskeard as well. I was hoping by now there would be Tesla chargers, and I'm not sure I want to spend the $350 + tax for a CCS adapter I'd use just a few times before someone installs a NACS charger up that way.

Drove by Morrison and Dorchester in Niagara Falls today and it looks like (can't confirm) that there are a bunch of chargers going in. They are all covered up and no Tesla signage - but the spacing and size looks like Tesla. The Mt. Carmel ones were "limited access today", and it looks like the Swiss Chalet has closed up - and they are starting to work on where the Canadian Tire used to be...... I wonder if the days are limited for the Carmel site?

I wonder if the days are limited for the Carmel site?
The parking lot does look quite under utilized, which is odd given it's proximity to a lot of somewhat expensive (insert joke/gripes about housing crisis here) residential real estate. Unless the old crappy tire location is being replaced by a few 20 story condo buildings, I don't see any reason why they would close it.

The parking lot does look quite under utilized, which is odd given it's proximity to a lot of somewhat expensive (insert joke/gripes about housing crisis here) residential real estate. Unless the old crappy tire location is being replaced by a few 20 story condo buildings, I don't see any reason why they would close it.
The property across the charger will be a 300 townhouse community.

Drove by Morrison and Dorchester in Niagara Falls today and it looks like (can't confirm) that there are a bunch of chargers going in. They are all covered up and no Tesla signage - but the spacing and size looks like Tesla. The Mt. Carmel ones were "limited access today", and it looks like the Swiss Chalet has closed up - and they are starting to work on where the Canadian Tire used to be...... I wonder if the days are limited for the Carmel site?
Are you suggesting the Canadian tire in the Canadian tire plaza with Zehrs and Staples

Champlain, NY will probably be used by more Canadians than Americans so figured I should cross-post here: