Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
****Update****, so once again, an SA has no clue what they are talking about. Two of them in the Austin showroom told me yesterday that I could not edit my design and switch to a Performance and keep the October pricing. I just finished using the Chat option on the Tesla page. Guy was super helpful. He quickly changed my profile and I was about to edit my design and its obviously October pricing. Jeez. These SAs are clueless. So for those thinking about switching LR to P or P to LR, it can clearly be done. Thank you all for your responses. Lets see if this P model arrives faster.
What Austin showroom? The Domain? I am in Austin area, so just curious.

White Exterior, Black Interior, No Tow, No FSD. My original order was October 1st. I switched just yesterday (April 11th). I have a Fremont VIN. I expected that but just sharing that info.
Ahh ok, makes sense since you are technically an October order..good to know they are able to deliver early. What was your new estimated delivery showing when you upgraded and didn’t have the VIN?

Honestly, I’m fine with Fremont at this point. I rather start enjoying the car. You can’t even tell a difference and it’s not like it will be 10x better.

Ahh ok, makes sense since you are technically an October order..good to know they are able to deliver early. What was your new estimated delivery showing when you upgraded and didn’t have the VIN?

Honestly, I’m fine with Fremont at this point. I rather start enjoying the car. You can’t even tell a difference and it’s not like it will be 10x better.
After changing to the Performance yesterday, the date did not change at all vs my Long Range Order. I figured it would change this morning but first thing this morning it had not changed. Then out of the blue I got the Text saying my VIN was assigned. I just spoke to Tesla and its on a train in Fremont right now.

****Update****, so once again, an SA has no clue what they are talking about. Two of them in the Austin showroom told me yesterday that I could not edit my design and switch to a Performance and keep the October pricing. I just finished using the Chat option on the Tesla page. Guy was super helpful. He quickly changed my profile and I was about to edit my design and its obviously October pricing. Jeez. These SAs are clueless. So for those thinking about switching LR to P or P to LR, it can clearly be done. Thank you all for your responses. Lets see if this P model arrives faster.
I do not see the chat button on tesla page, where did you see it can you help?