Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So.. what's the consensus? If I were to change my 11/3 LR order to P.. will I move to the back of the P line, or towards the front? Are those moving to the front just because they're EOQ orders and in Cali? Since they switched to AS tires, I've been sad I didn't order the P, the summer tires were what scared me away.
Welp, pulled the trigger. Showing "June" now, but we'll see what it says in the morning.

1648084614316.png

I’m the inverse of many of you and went from an MSM MYP w/ tow hitch to an MSM MYLR w/ tow hitch. I ordered back in November 2021 and have been holding off filling in detailed registration details because I’m moving states in the next couple of months and was planning to take delivery between June and August. My MYP estimated delivery date (even though I didn’t have registration details filled out) was 3/26 - 4/9 and after making the change to the MYLR the dates haven’t changed 24+ hours later.

It seems that many of you ”jumped” or kept your place in line even after switching to the MYP. I’m wondering if that same logic applies for switches to the MYLR or if I’m back at the end of the queue…

I just ordered a Model Y Long Range and want to change to the 20" wheels. I can't seem to find the Edit Design tab. Where exactly can I find it?

Editing design only works if you don't have the financing step completed.

If you already selected cash or applied for lease/loan but want to modify the order, you can have an SA remove the financing info and you'll be able to edit.

It makes a certain sense - if you swap options, it changes the car's price, hence the loan you applied for is no longer valid and needs to be redone.

Once done editing, make sure to re-apply your finance step right away, this will avoid a trip to the back of the line (and eventual re-adjustment forward when you do set financing)

Just got back from the Tesla showroom to talk with a SA about making a change from Black to White interior. He confirmed it can only be done for orders after Aug 1 '21 to avoid price increase, but also said it will almost certainly push the delivery date out to the currently posted date. As of today the Tesla site says October delivery. My EDD is already August, so at this point the difference between an 11 and 13 month wait doesn't really matter. I've already had to make arrangements for a car to span the year. The thing that is really hard to take is they have absolutely no explanation for why THIS car is planned for delivery so long after other orders, even those placed much later than my early September OD.

Same, the link does not work for me either. I also had a VIN assigned well over 6 months ago.

Makes sense, my order date is May 5th. I wouldn’t mind possibly switching colors and downgrading wheels but I may have my car by the time that happens.

tried everything on this thread but can't go to edit config.

i ordered 9/21.

thanks,

For those people having problems with the link try this:
https://www.tesla.com/modely/design/RNxxxxxxxx?redirect=no#overview

also make sure you are logged in before entering in the link above.

Last edited:
Wow you have been waiting for a LONG time! did you put yours on hold at some point or is it just that they are taking forever?
My case is unusual. I can't really count my wait time from 02/08/21, but that is my order date. Short-ish story, I ordered a demo MY last February that I ended up canceling before they shipped it to my area. Tesla then started sending me VINs for new vehicles, but I told them I was in no rush and would wait for my spec to popup as a demo in my area or maybe look at a MYP. June'ish Tesla said they needed to cancel my order. I said fine, but they never actually cancelled it and I let it sit. Come last November I see how much the price increased and I figure I better take action to hold on to the order and I completed the financing. In December I got the accept a vehicle or else email/txt that went around at the time and told Tesla I'm game. A SA removed my uncompleted trade-in option then so I have a December profile completion date and my EDD is in line with a December completion. It is interesting to note that before this backlog got crazy I received a VIN without payment or trade-in info completed.

Reactions: Firocity
Editing design only works if you don't have the financing step completed.

If you already selected cash or applied for lease/loan but want to modify the order, you can have an SA remove the financing info and you'll be able to edit.
Mine was cash and it worked for me with that link. After I changed my order to a MYP and got a VIN the next day, I had Tesla chat change my order from cash to financing.