Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to everyone who posted here.

Gave up on a MYLR7 (OD 9/7) last week due to EDD of June 2022 (originally Jan 2022) and changed to a MYLR5 hoping to get it sooner. Nope, joined the "never ending EDD bumps to get a base MYLR club" with EDD pushing out to AUG-OCT time frame 5 days after making the change.

Gave up on MYLR and resigned to getting a MYP (which I could have had in December) even though I prefer the MYLR specs and changed spec again.

1.25 hrs after changing from MYLR to MYP, get a text with VIN assignment with EDD 3/29-4/2.

Here's to hoping a car is actually coming this week after 200+ days of waiting!

Thanks to everyone who posted here.

Gave up on a MYLR7 (OD 9/7) last week due to EDD of June 2022 (originally Jan 2022) and changed to a MYLR5 hoping to get it sooner. Nope, joined the "never ending EDD bumps to get a base MYLR club" with EDD pushing out to AUG-OCT time frame 5 days after making the change.

Gave up on MYLR and resigned to getting a MYP (which I could have had in December) even though I prefer the MYLR specs and changed spec again.

1.25 hrs after changing from MYLR to MYP, get a text with VIN assignment with EDD 3/29-4/2.

Here's to hoping a car is actually coming this week after 200+ days of waiting!

Sadly that's the only way any 2021 MYLR orders seem to be getting produced. By changing them to a MYP order. I did exactly that on Thursday and my car is being delivered tomorrow, just 5 days later.

Sadly that's the only way any 2021 MYLR orders seem to be getting produced. By changing them to a MYP order. I did exactly that on Thursday and my car is being delivered tomorrow, just 5 days later.
New strategy for Tesla to make money. Hold orders until they upgrade to a P and then deliver right away. Funny how they give P VINs so fast to existing orders. I can understand due to original order date they jump the line but still, wow that is fast. I am now 6 weeks from current EDD and 1 week past my original EDD, so going to wait it out. Still prefer the MYLR to the performance, for me.

Reactions: ebNautilus
New strategy for Tesla to make money. Hold orders until they upgrade to a P and then deliver right away. Funny how they give P VINs so fast to existing orders. I can understand due to original order date they jump the line but still, wow that is fast. I am now 6 weeks from current EDD and 1 week past my original EDD, so going to wait it out. Still prefer the MYLR to the performance, for me.
looks like only California orders, or mainly that.

Which web browser are you using? Try Microsoft edge instead of Google chrome. It worked for me.

You gotta get the financing/cash agreement off the order to put it in the right state to modify the options. Can't change the price of the car out from under your financing. Any SA should be able to "remove" your financing, you make your changes, then re-apply (by the 31st if you want current loan rates FYI)

Reactions: advocate8
Finally got the edit design trick to work and I was all set to upgrade to MYP... and I had my pricing wrong.

Since MYP is a $5k premium now, I assumed my price would go from $54,990 to $59,990... but in reality it's $61,990. I didn't realize that the price increases were not equal between MYLR and MYP.

Reactions: ebNautilus
MYLR7 in Black with OF of 10/19/21 and EDD of “June 2022”. I just want to change from black to MSM (exact same price). After reading this thread I’m still uncertain about whether or not that change will impact my EDD… Opinions?

Finally got the edit design trick to work and I was all set to upgrade to MYP... and I had my pricing wrong.

Since MYP is a $5k premium now, I assumed my price would go from $54,990 to $59,990... but in reality it's $61,990. I didn't realize that the price increases were not equal between MYLR and MYP.
I think it was late October that MYLR had an increase, but the MYP did not. After that, they were $5k apart

MYLR7 in Black with OF of 10/19/21 and EDD of “June 2022”. I just want to change from black to MSM (exact same price). After reading this thread I’m still uncertain about whether or not that change will impact my EDD… Opinions?
IMO just changing the paint won't make a difference. Tesla seems to be prioritizing MYPs and vehicle orders with FSD.

Last edited:
OD 7/22/21 for MYLR White/Black 19" w/ Tow, latest EDD was end of June-July. I ended up making the change to drop my tow package and go to 20"s through a SA so now im on TBD. I checked earlier this week with an SA and he said hes seeing about 50/50 on wheel config but not seeing much tow packages come in. Would be great to get it even a month earlier since im spending about $500/mo now after selling my Model 3 in Aug and expecting delivery in Dec '21.
For what its worth, dropping tow and changing my wheels put my EDD to June 28-Aug 9, only a week or 2 later than my previous EDD essentially.