Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What amazes me is that c++ is used in FSD beta code lol. Pretty crazy.
Remember, AP has been around for a decade, meaning the code started before that.

The record system (Epic) used by most hospitals in the US still has legacy code written in Visual Basic, a language that was deprecated years ago. But the routines are fully developed, debugged and reliable.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
The record system (Epic) used by most hospitals in the US still has legacy code written in Visual Basic, a language that was deprecated years ago. But the routines are fully developed, debugged and reliable.
Using "EPIC" and "reliable" is somewhat subjective but your point is valid. It's "good enough" compared to the alternatives.

But not to digress. End of this week for employee release on V11?

....End of this week for employee release on V11?
Well V11 has been in employee testing for over a year and that is NOT a release. I guess by released you mean released to customers. And it being released end of the week is 100% positively, iron clad, NO chance of it not happening, bet your life on it, carry it to the bank, double your money back guarantee it will happen or his name ain't Elon P.T. Barnum.

You get a V11, you get a V11 and we all get a V11. Coming some Friday (or other day of the week) to a local Tesla near you.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: PianoAl and KArnold
Well V11 has been in employee testing for over a year and that is NOT a release. I guess by released you mean released to customers. And it being released end of the week is 100% positively, iron clad, NO chance of it not happening, bet your life on it, carry it to the bank, double your money back guarantee it will happen or his name ain't Elon P.T. Barnum.

You get a V11, you get a V11 and we all get a V11. Coming some Friday (or other day of the week) to a local Tesla near you.
I think the 11/11 release was to a few employees outside the AP team. Of course that hasn't gone too well ... because the 11/11 release was just a release to meet a date - not after a quality bar.

When it gets released to YouTube folks, it will be after a quality bar is met. I suspect the bar is quite high (and probably the current NOA).

Remember, AP has been around for a decade, meaning the code started before that.

Interesting you say that. Agree. One of my clients still sells image analysis software that I created for them first in 1998 and still updated it as late as last year. VB6. I'm not saying either good, bad or ugly. Not that this comment has anything to do with Tesla or their software history, You just reminded me that sometimes code can run well on new platforms long after Mr. Bill has forgotten about it :)

Reactions: FlyF4 and T-Mom
wwb5rpi2r4ha1.jpg

v11 confirmed for 2025 release

Had he said in February the year could be open to debate but he said next month in Jan 2022 that means it MUST be in 2022. He would have had to say next year AND a month to be correct about 2023.
No, he was talking about the month of February in general when he said next month. It doesn’t imply the actual next month. For example, he could have said President’s Day is next month. Meaning it is in February of any year.

However, if it is not released in a February of some year, then he will have been over promising. So he has to hope for the next couple weeks, or we will need to wait another year for Elon to be right once again.

• Funny
Reactions: YNoVA