Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No i didn't miss it. I repeat because you didn't read what i said. Instead you ran with a title from a web article.

That announcement was for Tel aviv and was for commercial deployment in 2022.

GERMANY IS NOT TEL AVIV

The commercial Tel Aviv Robotaxi has always been for 2022.

Except you specifically mentioned Germany.

And the first link I gave you said 2020 was the Tel Aviv target.

But you never let stuff like facts get in your way do you? :)

No it will be a full public service.

I already cited where it said the German one won't be.

Same story mentions offering on in Tel Aviv also is not even legal currently

I'm sure they HOPE that'll change sometime in 2022.

But they hoped that years ago too.

At least we are finally two weeks away from general release! 😁
I can bet there will be no general release in two weeks. Autopilot is the best system, and Tesla makes the best progress towards the autonomy. However, I think it is highly borderline scam tactics to promise something that won't be available for over 2 years at least. I would probably pay for FSD anyway to support the development, but I don't feel its a fair treatment of the customers to keep misleading them.

Except you specifically mentioned Germany.
WTF are you talking about? I said: "This is misleading. The service was always to launch in 2022 in Tel Aviv. The Germany announcement is new. "
You replied with a false article. I followed up with the actual VW and Mobileye announcement. Then you followed up with this..
And the first link I gave you said 2020 was the Tel Aviv target.

But you never let stuff like facts get in your way do you? :)
So we should take a web article from a random journalist versus what Mobileye actually said. Got it.
I guess i should start watching movies/get in the back seat of teslas now after all those Tesla AP is L3, L4, L5 articles i have read.

Reactions: techlogik
WTF are you talking about? I said: "This is misleading. The service was always to launch in 2022 in Tel Aviv. The Germany announcement is new. "

I'm talking about you mentioned Germany.

You then quote yourself...mentioning Germany.

So your later claim you weren't talking about Germany is debunked by... you.

You replied with a false article.

Nope.

I replied with one from 2019 saying they'd be launching in Tel Aviv in 2020.

They didn't end up doing so.

I also posted another story pointing out in Germany (which again YOU mentioned) it's a PILOT program, not a full commercial rollout.

Same story mentions the thing in Tel Aviv is ALSO NOT A FULL COMMERCIAL ROLLOUT because that is not actually legal there at present

You can reply with all the future promise press releases you want, I'll stick to the actual current laws and facts thanks :)

That seems like he's implying FSD Beta 10.1 single stack will be more polished than production highway Autopilot. Hopefully we'll see that actually happen later this month, and if it is actually better, I wonder how long until everyone (on HW3) gets it (even without FSD purchase).
No, it implies that it'll satisfy him enough to change over to the single stack in 10.1.

I'm talking about you mentioned Germany.

You then quote yourself...mentioning Germany.

So your later claim you weren't talking about Germany is debunked by... you.

Nope.

I replied with one from 2019 saying they'd be launching in Tel Aviv in 2020.

They didn't end up doing so.

I also posted another story pointing out in Germany (which again YOU mentioned) it's a PILOT program, not a full commercial rollout.

Same story mentions the thing in Tel Aviv is ALSO NOT A FULL COMMERCIAL ROLLOUT because that is not actually legal there at present

You can reply with all the future promise press releases you want, I'll stick to the actual current laws and facts thanks :)
Amnon says (2019): "Few weeks ago, we and VW and Champion motors created a joint venture to enable mobility as a service starting in tel aviv and later scaling up to all of Israel. Where the commercial deployment will start 2022. Ofcourse 2019, 2020, there are many phases of this but the commercial deployment meaning driving without a driver is going to be 2022. Here you see below the steps starting from 2019 to 2022." - Amnon

The article you keep posting (2019):
"Intel announced last October that Mobileye, along with Volkswagen Group and Champion Motor Group, is working to commercialize a robotaxi service. Swan said Sunday the plan is to deploy the self-driving ride-hailing service in Israel first, then expand globally. Software development is expected to be completed by the end of this year."

Graphic of the Timeline Amnon shows while talking about his above quote (2019):
4qrM9fp.png

I'm starting to Question the IQ of Tesla fans

Getting better Lombard Street at 5 mph. Now I'm upping my expectations that I want to see it do it without a forced mph setting. Progress nevertheless.
Lombard test is such a trivial test of what FSD needs to do. Try predicting human behavior in congested scenarios for a more interesting test. Or predicting a small ball rolling into the street might be followed by a little kid.

Thoughts anyone? It seems like Elon is disagreeing with Whole Mars. Elon is basically saying "actually investors are taking into account FSD. That's why TSLA is overvalued."

Side note: Elon might want to be careful talking about stock value. He would not want to get in trouble with the SEC again. lol.

Thoughts anyone? It seems like Elon is disagreeing with Whole Mars. Elon is basically saying "actually investors are taking into account FSD. That's why TSLA is overvalued."

Side note: Elon might want to be careful talking about stock value. He would not want to get in trouble with the SEC again. lol.
Yes, the market is forward looking and efficient. That's why I told people to buy TSLA options instead of buying FSD: Help me decide if I buy FSD this weekend, or not! ONCE AND FOR ALL.
Unfortunately I didn't think they would solve it. 😢

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life

Investors are smart. They know FSD isn't FSD anytime soon. Tesla gets high marks for being Apple like. They have products that people clamor for. Which other automakers have 6 months backlog on old product, and million unit backlog on to be released product? With two huge factories coming on line, the bottom line for Tesla looks bright.

FSD does bring excitement to the table as a driver assist tool. It brings clamor as no other company in the U.S. has this and no one else will for 2+ years.

We have already seen consolidation in the auto industry as Tesla expands, for example FCA merger with PSA. Suspect when both Giga Berlin and Giga Texas ramp up to full production towards end of next year, there will be more consolidation in the auto industry. I.E. companies near bankruptcy. Buy puts on Nissan.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: diplomat33