Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk: Departing presidential councils

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Al Gore thinks that Americans are gullible and naive, and can be convinced that the UN and China are willing to deal from the top of the deck to all countries. But at least he's just doing it out of greed, not malice.
And Trump told America that he would defeat ISIS in 30 days, had a great healthcare program, and a perfect budget. What's your point?

And Trump told America that he would defeat ISIS in 30 days, had a great healthcare program, and a perfect budget. What's your point?
do you really give a lot of credence to presidential campaign promises? do you realize that the president (maybe not obama) cannot legally issue edicts and need congressional approvals?
that said, sadly obama's promise to fundamentally change the US came to partial fruition.

More than ever I feel Elon's pain, and because I know my time and intellect is better spent elsewhere I'm resigning from this thread :D Have fun those who choose to remain.

When people start screaming online in all caps, you know it's time to leave cuz the intellectual floor just dropped out on you and you are now at a very strange place where everything is fake and only Alex Jones and Richard Spencer are the real deal.
I too shall excuse myself from this strange place where intellect and reason no longer have any meaning.
:rolleyes:

Reactions: EarlyAdopter
So Trump was just kidding and his real policies are "elect him to see what they are".
oh my, just a bit naive when it comes to politics I see. there is promises made and then there is the reality of governing. as I noted in another post and well known by most people the president cannot enact anything on his own, as evidenced by the unraveling of these accords.

What retard signs us up for this "deal"?

Retards like Rex Tillerson, Mitt Romney, David Gergen, Pope Francis, Rick Perry (well, ok, he is a retard) , lindsey graham, George Shultz, the CEOs of ConocoPhillips, Exxon, BP, Chevron, Amazon, Apple, BoA, Citi, Dow Chemical, General Electric and countless others.

Just those retards all know it was better to stay in.

Here are the oil and coal companies, Fortune 500 corporations, and Republicans who want to stay in the Paris agreement

News Flash: International Climate Agreement Found to be "Imperfect" so Must be Terminated and Replaced With...Nothing

In fact Paris was a good start but didn't go nearly far enough. Renewable sustainable energy production is rising and will continue to do so. Coal is dead, and for many good reasons. #lyinglunatic actions will not restart a single coal mine. Eventually his delusional supporters will start to realize they have been conned. Eventually...

I was actually hoping Elon would stay engaged with the Administration. He could have an impact in other ways, I suspect he is getting too much crap from his liberal friends and this last action was the final straw. So Elon did the same thing Trump did - he just quit something he didn't believe in.

Reactions: oktane
I think Elon realized that his input was being thrown in the trash pile by the #lyinglunatic. Better to make a point, and leave then waste time trying to influence someone who creates his own reality without regard to the facts. Trump is mentally ill in the sense that he constantly lies, contradicts himself, suffers from a deep narcissism, and says whatever he believes brings him attention and adulation from the small fraction of Americans who support him. Nothing else matters to him.

From conservative columnist David Brooks today in a piece titled Donald Trump Poisons the World , quote:
--------------
[In a piece published in the Wall Street Journal, administrations officials] McMaster and Cohn make explicit the great act of moral decoupling woven through this presidency. In this worldview, morality has nothing to do with anything. Altruism, trust, cooperation and virtue are unaffordable luxuries in the struggle of all against all. Everything is about self-interest.

We’ve seen this philosophy before, of course. Powerful, selfish people have always adopted this dirty-minded realism to justify their own selfishness. The problem is that this philosophy is based on an error about human beings and it leads to self-destructive behavior in all cases.

The error is that it misunderstands what drives human action. Of course people are driven by selfish motivations — for individual status, wealth and power. But they are also motivated by another set of drives — for solidarity, love and moral fulfillment — that are equally and sometimes more powerful.

People are wired to cooperate. Far from being a flimsy thing, the desire for cooperation is the primary human evolutionary advantage we have over the other animals.

People have a moral sense. They have a set of universal intuitions that help establish harmony between peoples. From their first moments, children are wired to feel each other’s pain. You don’t have to teach a child about what fairness is; they already know. There’s no society on earth where people are admired for running away in battle or for lying to their friends.
-------------
David Brooks complete column at https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/02/opinion/donald-trump-poisons-the-world.html

I think Elon realized that his input was being thrown in the trash pile by the #lyinglunatic. Better to make a point, and leave then waste time trying to influence someone who creates his own reality without regard to the facts. Trump is mentally ill in the sense that he constantly lies, contradicts himself, suffers from a deep narcissism, and says whatever he believes brings him attention and adulation from the small fraction of Americans who support him. Nothing else matters to him.

From conservative columnist David Brooks today in a piece titled Donald Trump Poisons the World , quote:
--------------
[In a piece published in the Wall Street Journal, administrations officials] McMaster and Cohn make explicit the great act of moral decoupling woven through this presidency. In this worldview, morality has nothing to do with anything. Altruism, trust, cooperation and virtue are unaffordable luxuries in the struggle of all against all. Everything is about self-interest.

We’ve seen this philosophy before, of course. Powerful, selfish people have always adopted this dirty-minded realism to justify their own selfishness. The problem is that this philosophy is based on an error about human beings and it leads to self-destructive behavior in all cases.

The error is that it misunderstands what drives human action. Of course people are driven by selfish motivations — for individual status, wealth and power. But they are also motivated by another set of drives — for solidarity, love and moral fulfillment — that are equally and sometimes more powerful.

People are wired to cooperate. Far from being a flimsy thing, the desire for cooperation is the primary human evolutionary advantage we have over the other animals.

People have a moral sense. They have a set of universal intuitions that help establish harmony between peoples. From their first moments, children are wired to feel each other’s pain. You don’t have to teach a child about what fairness is; they already know. There’s no society on earth where people are admired for running away in battle or for lying to their friends.
-------------
David Brooks complete column at https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/02/opinion/donald-trump-poisons-the-world.html

No he's a quitter and took the easy way out. This article is clearly written by someone who lives in fantasy land. Has this guy ever traveled outside the USA? I'll take him places where they will knife him for $5. Author is correct for about 80% of humans, but 10-20% are sociopaths who are in it to win it. Trump might be one but I don't think so actually. Elon Musk probably is based on his actions if he is in control of Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: nativewolf