Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk: Departing presidential councils

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bottom line is that most likely none of us had "Climate Change" at the top of our list to motivate us to tighten our belts one notch and buy a Tesla. We didn't lower our standard of living and yet, we have something that's revolutionary in terms of protecting our own environment. Elon needs to regroup and work with Trump on an equally attractive way to get what he wants.
correctomundo.

Reactions: teddytoons
mr gore has made a fortune pandering his junk science, remember he did invent the internet,
kort, don't stoop to repeating internet rumors. Kills me when people mock Gore, thinking he said he invented the internet. He didn't. He sponsored legislation that changed us from the DARPA-net some of used in the early 80s, to the internet we have today. And he deserves credit, not mocking.

Now y'all can go back to taking political potshots. Just thought I'd inject a little fact here. :)

kort, don't stoop to repeating internet rumors. Kills me when people mock Gore, thinking he said he invented the internet. He didn't. He sponsored legislation that changed us from the DARPA-net some of used in the early 80s, to the internet we have today. And he deserves credit, not mocking.

Now y'all can go back to taking political potshots. Just thought I'd inject a little fact here. :)
not to be argumentative, he was a politician doing what politicians do, regardless of his legislative actions the internet would have/did happen. we all know the real story of the development of the internet and the advancements to the WWW. and Mr. Gore while supportive really had little to do with it.

• Helpful
Reactions: teddytoons
More like an adult with no time to waste in ineffective pursuits. I believe he already felt his influence was not bearing fruit and this was the last straw.
yeah right most adults/business owners/entrepreneurs/visionaries would be thrilled to be able to have access to the POTUS. maybe in kiddie land nonsense like that passes the smell test but among real adults it is poppycock.

More like an adult with no time to waste in ineffective pursuits. I believe he already felt his influence was not bearing fruit and this was the last straw.

Anyone who thinks his personal time is more valuable than having a seat at the table with President of the United States is full of himself. Like I said, Trump will not lose any sleep over EM bailing on the team because he did not get his way. One of the dumbest strategic moves, ever.

Elon's rich liberal friends will high-five the move of giving Trump the finger, while at the same time EM basically castrates himself from any real influence on the direction of the USA environmental policy and having Tesla in POTUS's good graces.

These people who insult the President need to recognize who they are dealing with. Like him or not, he is the POTUS, so it is your civic duty to show some effing respect.

Last edited:
not to be argumentative, he was a politician doing what politicians do, regardless of his legislative actions the internet would have/did happen. we all know the real story of the development of the internet and the advancements to the WWW. and Mr. Gore while supportive really had little to do with it.
So that's your way of saying you were wrong to mock him for inventing the internet? :) He never said that, of course. So thanks for agreeing to the correction.

Something he DID do which is not so easily cast off as 'doing what politicians do' is establish awards for government agencies who made their information, processes, data etc available to the general public. I can personally attest to the difference that made. I watched FDA go from 'oh look, we can scroll through product submission names and find when approved' (very laborious) to 'holy cow, I have everything here at my fingertips and can get rid of this mountain of papers and books in my office!'. The immediate accessibility of information was game-changing for industry. And he deserves credit for driving that through.

So that's your way of saying you were wrong to mock him for inventing the internet? :) He never said that, of course. So thanks for agreeing to the correction.

Something he DID do which is not so easily cast off as 'doing what politicians do' is establish awards for government agencies who made their information, processes, data etc available to the general public. I can personally attest to the difference that made.
he awarded? really? I didn't know that a jr senator from tennessee wielded the power of the purse in DC.
thanks for that civics lesson

he awarded? really? I didn't know that a jr senator from tennessee wielded the power of the purse in DC.
thanks for that civics lesson
Actually, it was when he was VP. He did wield a bit of power.

And you're welcome. :)

Update: Here's a little bit of information about it. Hammer Awards What it doesn't reflect are the massive changes that occurred in a very short period of time. Give credit where credit is due. :)

Actually, it was when he was VP. He did wield a bit of power.

And you're welcome. :)

Update: Here's a little bit of information about it. Hammer Awards What it doesn't reflect are the massive changes that occurred in a very short period of time. Give credit where credit is due. :)
oh, the VP is the one with the power to hand out money.
gee whiz I thought it was done through a budget and appropriations that came through the house.
then again the leftists have issues with following the laws regarding budgets.

oh, the VP is the one with the power to hand out money.
gee whiz I thought it was done through a budget and appropriations that came through the house.
then again the leftists have issues with following the laws regarding budgets.

When are you starting that 'not to be argumentative' thing you were talking about? :)

I didn't say he handed out money. He established a program that recognized agencies within the government that streamlined process. Thats established.

Is it really so difficult to give credit when deserved? This isn't some football game where a game needs to be won. This is a team sport and denegrating actions that made things better for everyone doesn't move us all forward. If someone else had established that program with an 'R' by their name, I suspect you'd be waving it around, showing us how things can be improved without requiring a boatload of money.

When are you starting that 'not to be argumentative' thing you were talking about? :)

I didn't say he handed out money. He established a program that recognized agencies within the government that streamlined process. Thats established.

Is it really so difficult to give credit when deserved? This isn't some football game where a game needs to be won. This is a team sport and denegrating actions that made things better for everyone doesn't move us all forward. If someone else had established that program with an 'R' by their name, I suspect you'd be waving it around, showing us how things can be improved without requiring a boatload of money.

It's sad, really.

not an undemocratic action, an ILLEGAL action.
Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, includes the Treaty Clause, which empowers the president of the United States to propose and chiefly negotiate agreements, which must be confirmed by the Senate, between the United States and other countries, which become treaties between the United States and other countries after the advice and consent of a supermajority of the United States Senate.

for the ideologically handicapped this means that obama nor any other president has no right under the law to enter into any sort of international agreement without the consent of the US Senate.
For the intellectually challenged, a treaty n. a pact between nations which, if entered into by the United States through its Executive Branch, must be approved by"two-thirds of the Senators present," under Article II, section 2 of the Constitution, to become effective. The Paris Accord Staes goals but not any mechanism to force compliance, nor any requirement to maintain any specific stated goals. One cannot necessarily find any given country specific obligations is fraught because any country can change it's goalposts at any time, unilaterally.

Thus, for the seriously intellectually challenged, one cannot claim that the US must exit or renegotiate because it has unfair obligations. If the US wants to pay less, it is the choice of the US. If the US wants to pollute more or move back to coal, it is the right of the US to do so. The Paris Accord declared the intentions of the signatories but did not establish treaty obligations. THUS, BY DEFINITION PURSUING THE PARIS ACCORD WAS NOT AN ILLEGAL ACTION. orly for shouting. It seems some people cannot read well enough to discern the difference between a declaration of intent and a contractual obligation to perform a specific duty. The Paris Accord is a declaration of intent. Anybody whose intent is to bring coal back to where it was in, say, 1930, can do so without exiting.

Exiting is a good idea only if the intent is to yield leadership to China in renewable energy, which produces several times more US jobs than does coal, oil and gas combined.

Only one of those three is growing- guess which one.
Only one does not cause carbon pollution, and does not need any fuel that must be paid for- guess which one?
Only one can be used to make a speaker plant with less than six months notice- guess which one?

yeah right most adults/business owners/entrepreneurs/visionaries would be thrilled to be able to have access to the POTUS.

Not if they knew they were being completely ignored. Sorry but it's obvious that Elon realized that nothing he said was getting through to Trump. Banging your head against a wall is not productive, especially for someone like Elon who's time is so valuable and can be put to better use.

Reactions: bonnie