Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk Discussion - Tesla Brand Damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A downvote on my post, as well as a quoted response. Nice. You're kind of going off on a tangent with this post, but I'll bite. Everyone should have the ability to say what they want, regardless of whether I personally agree with what is being said. The power of free speech is in the fact that people are allowed to say things that don't jive with your perspective.

Considering that I'm a black person, I'm pretty sure you can come up with some common sense reasons for why I'm not exactly a big supporter of team Nazi. I still believe they should be able to say whatever they want, and thus support Elon's position in the matter.
When you are a CEO, you represent all the employees of your company and have to recognize you can inflict damage on them by what you say. It’s a fact that he ignores. Just look at this thread and the people that have said they won’t buy another Tesla because of what Elon has said. Those opinions of Elons he loves to spread, hurt his employees by diminished sales. This can not be denied.

There’s a good reason why it’s good advice to avoid politics and religion in social settings. Elon flaunts his opinions and there’s a price to be paid.

I see people supporting his opinions but it’s always by people that share the SAME opinion. If you do that, you too are saying **** YOU to those that don’t agree with you.

A CEO should do what’s best for their employees and customers which is keep their politics and religion to themselves.

Latest Musk tweet: Fauci Lied. People Died.
Well, who knows Musk is already working on the treatment that
Nobel Prize winner MD D.Trump had in mind, as a special adviser to the president.

GPWVuo6X0AATq2B
That cocktail is specifically made for most Tesla owners... 😂

Reactions: 1100MCM

Elon Musk threatens to ban iPhones and Macs at his companies​

LondonCNN —
Elon Musk is not happy about a new partnership between Apple and ChatGPT creator OpenAI.

In a post to X Monday, the Tesla (TSLA) chief executive said he would ban Apple (AAPL) devices at his companies — which include SpaceX and X, among others — if the iPhone maker went ahead with its AI plans announced Monday.

If Apple “integrates OpenAI at the (operating system) level,” Musk said that would constitute “an unacceptable security violation.”

He added that visitors “will have to check their Apple devices at the door, where they will be stored in a Faraday cage,” referring to an enclosure that blocks electromagnetic waves crucial to communications, including cellular, wireless internet and Bluetooth signals.

More here: https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/11/tech/elon-musk-apple-ban-openai/index.html

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056

Elon is Toxic, plain and simple. He's also emotionally unstable, and not a people person at all.

He's also not the one doing the real work. Tesla has somewhere between 11, 000 and 14,000 employees. They are the ones doing the actual work.

In war, the Generals get the medals. The boots on the ground are the ones who win the battles and make the real sacrifices, and in some cases, the ultimate sacrifice.

IMHO, he should lose the vote on the new comp package and then leave Tesla. I don't think either will happen but one can hope.

I also finally got some up close and personal CyberTruck experience. Some of the tech is interesting but my overall impression is meh. It's sort of a turd. In real life it's just not that impressive. I like my model 3's but can't see ever owning a CT. I personally feel that the CT will end up being a niche item with annual sales around the same as the Model X. I can't see it ever going mainstream. It just costs too much for what you get.

I just concluded a 30 day trial of FSD on my 2023 M3P (FSD 12.3.6) I can see using it if I was taking a long trip on the freeway but around town there are to many potholes, speed bumps, traffic circles, and other daily hazards to make it useful to me. Where I live in the PNW they construct these concrete intrusions and random islands into the traffic lanes (they call them traffic calming devices) and other unusual intermittent concrete dividers between traffic lanes and bike lanes and my experience with FSD and these things was not good at all. So IMHO FSD still need a lot of work.

It's all cloudy with a chance of meatballs.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the SpaceX section.

One woman, a SpaceX flight attendant, alleged that in 2016 Musk exposed himself to her and offered to buy her a horse in exchange for sex acts.

Another woman who left the company in 2013
alleged in exit negotiations with SpaceX human
resources and legal executives that Musk had asked her to have his babies.

A fourth woman had a month-long sexual
relationship with Musk in 2014 while she directly
reported to him. The relationship ended badly,
leading to recriminations over text and email as sheleft the company and signed an agreement
prohibiting her from discussing her work for Musk.
Former SpaceX executives, as well as fired SpaceX employees who complained to the National Labor Relations Board in 2022, say a high-level group around Musk fails to apply his company’s own rules to the CEO, contributing to a culture of sexism and harassment.

Other behavior by Musk, including his use of illegal drugs, has raised concerns among some executives and board members of SpaceX and Tesla, according to previous Journal reporting. Musk has used drugs including LSD, cocaine, ecstasy, mushrooms and ketamine, at times with some board members, The Journal has reported.
Shotwell made allegations of her own: The executive accused one of her employees of having an affair with her husband, and then allegedly retaliated against the woman, according to the employee’s account to friends and family and emails she showed them at the time.
Shotwell told the HR department at SpaceX that she wanted the woman removed from the office of the chief executive. While Shotwell was trying to push her out, Musk was pulling her in, she told people close to her. In the fall of 2014, Musk initiated a sexual relationship with the woman, who by that time was working directly for him alone, she told the people. Musk was still married to but separated from Riley.

In bed the next morning, Musk promised the woman Tesla stock for unpaid work she’d done for him at the carmaker and in his personal life, she told a person close to her.
Musk declined to pay the woman directly in Tesla
stock. In a Dec. 29, 2014, email, Teller offered her
$35,400 in cash for her unpaid work, saying she
could use it to buy the stock instead. She negotiated the offer up to $85,000, citing taxes and her broad brief for the billionaire. To get the money, she had to sign an agreement that required her to release Musk from potential legal claims “known and unknown,” and to keep
information about him “in strictest confidence,”
including the document itself, which Teller had
received from Tesla’s then-general counsel Todd
Maron, who had also been a divorce lawyer for Musk. She shared the agreement with people close to her before signing.

This would appear to be illegal, a violation of company policies, and an abuse of power.

Reactions: RichAZ/CapeCod
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the SpaceX section.

This would appear to be illegal, a violation of company policies, and an abuse of power.

I don't see the issue here. It's clever planning actually. If you're starting a colony on another planet you want your crew to be mostly female since they're the ones that are making babies. Clearly Elon is recruiting all females of birthing age to his Mars colony.

Reactions: Steerpike

Elon is Toxic, plain and simple. He's also emotionally unstable, and not a people person at all.

He's also not the one doing the real work. Tesla has somewhere between 11, 000 and 14,000 employees. They are the ones doing the actual work.

In war, the Generals get the medals. The boots on the ground are the ones who win the battles and make the real sacrifices, and in some cases, the ultimate sacrifice.

IMHO, he should lose the vote on the new comp package and then leave Tesla. I don't think either will happen but one can hope.

I also finally got some up close and personal CyberTruck experience. Some of the tech is interesting but my overall impression is meh. It's sort of a turd. In real life it's just not that impressive. I like my model 3's but can't see ever owning a CT. I personally feel that the CT will end up being a niche item with annual sales around the same as the Model X. I can't see it ever going mainstream. It just costs too much for what you get.

I just concluded a 30 day trial of FSD on my 2023 M3P (FSD 12.3.6) I can see using it if I was taking a long trip on the freeway but around town there are to many potholes, speed bumps, traffic circles, and other daily hazards to make it useful to me. Where I live in the PNW they construct these concrete intrusions and random islands into the traffic lanes (they call them traffic calming devices) and other unusual intermittent concrete dividers between traffic lanes and bike lanes and my experience with FSD and these things was not good at all. So IMHO FSD still need a lot of work.

It's all cloudy with a chance of meatballs.
11,000 employees. About as factual as your story. lol

I don’t obviously know if these allegations are true....but my observations suggest that in this ‘me too’ world the accused all have one striking quality in common....they are all extremely wealthy
Or politically powerful.

It is animal nature to be attracted to someone who is powerful (regardless of gender or purpose). The problem is most people think they can exert some level of control over the other, only to be "shocked" when they have none.

Status
Not open for further replies.