Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk to advise Trump administration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most business owners/managers are quite stupid and quasi-sociopath?

They are. You really think the corporate ladder isn't actually a filter for sociopathic individuals? Of course it is. I seem to recall there's research that backs this up - that there's a high level of sociopathy among CEO's. You also must naively think most businesses don't use lying/deception to various degrees? It's nearly self-apparent that it's the massive majority that does, even if it's at minor levels. What do you think advertising is? I have a theory of the real reason Musk doesn't do it, but different topic.

Let me restate my simple point. To be completely non-deceptive and forthright in the business world, yet still be highly successful, requires a real lateral and smart person. Because it means you have to outsmart people who have no conscience and will do anything to get ahead. Trump is a great example of the latter - and even better because he also has no intelligence or knowledge of anything, just cleverness - the same type criminals have.

If I were Elon, I'd invest <$1 million to donate to the Trump Family for security purposes the use of an up-armored Model X. Not the Kodiak/Cadillac Panzer Beast, just a Level III version. Kevlar panels, hardened alloy steel pan road pan, polycarbonate windows, runflats, thermal override management.

The Beast is a 8 mpg declaration of war on fuel economy.

Reactions: GoTslaGo
They are. You really think the corporate ladder isn't actually a filter for sociopathic individuals? Of course it is. I seem to recall there's research that backs this up - that there's a high level of sociopathy among CEO's. You also must naively think most businesses don't use lying/deception to various degrees? It's nearly self-apparent that it's the massive majority that does, even if it's at minor levels. What do you think advertising is? I have a theory of the real reason Musk doesn't do it, but different topic.

Let me restate my simple point. To be completely non-deceptive and forthright in the business world, yet still be highly successful, requires a real lateral and smart person. Because it means you have to outsmart people who have no conscience and will do anything to get ahead. Trump is a great example of the latter - and even better because he also has no intelligence or knowledge of anything, just cleverness - the same type criminals have.

I can tell you have never run a business, hired employees, dealt with CEO's, etc. If you did, you would know that what you're spouting is pure BS and you'd find out that a lot of very successful people, including the vast majority CEO's, are people with a conscious and that the incidence of psychopathy among CEOs is about 4 percent. There is no research at all to back up your absurd "seem to recall" claim. Do you know that's the same language Trump uses when he refers to false information?

You sound like the paranoid Alt-right, with your conspiracy theories, the only difference being is that you come at it from the far-left.

Click on the link and read the article and research, and land back down in reality, please.

Last edited:
Very mixed feelings about this... not to get into murky political waters, but, the person that I've admired for being the potentially "humanity-saving" gamechanger attempting to work with the one who stands for everything that I despise (and who has no intention to do anything good despite all the pretenses)...

If Musk is playing the opprtunist (or pragmatist, some might argue), that's disappointing. There's something to be said for principles.

Pretty ironic that we're talking about Musk - the one CEO who doesn't appear at least to be willing to do anything to be successful or do things that would appear to be maximally profitable just because he could - rather he seems to have some integrity and conscience. ...

I deeply admire what Elon Musk has done, but he didn't start Ubuntu. His grub stake came from Paypal. They are not a division of Mother Theresa Financial Services by any stretch.

Step back and take a breath. Elon needs to make money to continue his work. Working with the President Elect cannot hurt.

I can tell you have never run a business, hired employees, dealt with CEO's, etc. If you did, you would know that what you're spouting is pure BS and you'd find out that a lot of very successful people, including the vast majority CEO's, are people with a conscious and that the incidence of psychopathy among CEOs is about 4 percent. There is no research at all to back up your absurd "seem to recall" claim.

I'm happy to keep the ad homonem mostly toward sociopath trump instead of us, but that's just me. Anyway, huh? Do you intentionally leave out the part that it's 4x the rate in the general population? That constitutes what I said about "high level of sociopathy among CEO's", I would say, tho maybe I should've said "much higher level..." to be clearer instead. Happy? My 'seem to recall' claim was likely just this. I don't completely recall everything I hear but knew I heard it and apparently I was right. Anyway, babble on about conspiracy theories and such - whatever.

Oops, I said I was abandoning this. Hard to give it up.

Don't get everyone started on Mother Theresa! :)

Sort of a generic term. History is always distorted by the glasses the writer is wearing, and hind sight is always corrected to 20-20.

Mother Theresa was comfy as a nun, but was called to help the poor. She started walking the streets and begging to survive. Her superiors were disgusted with her. But she was offered a return to the convents, to live in relative opulence. She would not accept.

That takes balls. Big brass ones. Not a fan of organized religion, but she was a Chuck Norris for the bitterly poor.

Yes, her lack of perfection sucked. I guess that's why they didn't call her Jesus very often.

Do you intentionally leave out the part that it's 4x the rate in the general population?

You said this:

Standard CEO's OTOH, like most business owners/managers, are quite stupid (and at least quasi-sociopaths);

Most = greater than 50%. Not 4%. Four percent is not even close to "most". It's a very small percentage of CEO's. It is 4 out of every 100. Go back and read what you wrote about climbing the corporate ladder, etc. and stepping on people, etc. It's 4 out of every 100. Not anywhere even close to being most. Yes, it is higher than the general population but any time you get to the peak of any profession or otherwise, the number is similar. That doesn't make it the main reason people get there, which is your theory on this issue, right?

but she was a Chuck Norris for the bitterly poor.

Not in my book.

Last edited:
You said this:

Most = greater than 50%. Not 4%. Four percent is not even close to "most". It's a very small percentage of CEO's. It is 4 out of every 100.

:D You're right I may have exaggerated a bit in that first statement. My later statement was valid tho. But even in that first one, I did intentionally qualify it with 'quasi'. Read it again and you see that even that one is technically correct. (Assuming a reasonable definition of my made-up 'quasi-sociopath' term - something like "displaying some amount of sociopathic traits". But then how would I show that? It's fairly apparent to me in a natural-selection sort of way that it will occur, i.e. this type of career will select for those traits. But if it isn't to you, that's fine. It's opinion to some extent of course, and everyone's entitled to mine.)

Reactions: Canuck

Do you agree poverty sucks? I mean REAL poverty, not US poverty. If lethal poverty doesn't bug you, you're good.

Could you.

Quit.

Give up all worldly possessions.

Live as a homeless beggar in an area with a 35 year old life expectancy?

If so.

Do it.

If not, I guess cast the first stone and pretend you're better than others. Buy an iPhone app that says "I'm better than everybody because I have money!"