Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Musk said Juneteenth is considered a holiday at Tesla and Space X... But you have to use a day's holiday if you want to take it off.

How generous.

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1274105091600125954?s=19
A car company isn’t a McDonald’s that can close at a whim and start back up immediately after. It takes a /lot/ of time and energy to shut down a car manufacturing company, so they try to rarely do so. And thus, their employees get a number of paid holidays off, but they request them, and they have to work the others to keep the factory going and so their coworkers can also have their holidays off.

I mean, come on. o_O

Reactions: X-pilot
My wife and I had never heard of Juneteenth. Probably not enough black friends, or at least not some that talk about such important days to them. But hearing of it, I see no reason to have it a holiday, any more than Hannukah. People can take it off if they want, but it's holiday time. And I'm probably wrong about Hannukah, too. But you get the idea. Some holidays we just don't think about. And many are not days off, like Grandparent's day.

Reactions: X-pilot
Musk said Juneteenth is considered a holiday at Tesla and Space X... But you have to use a day's holiday if you want to take it off.

How generous.

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1274105091600125954?s=19

Some companies have floating holidays and everyone gets x number a year which they can choose as sort of extra vacation days. This is especially common in companies that need to stay open over most holidays. By having floating holidays, they keep people there on say Thanksgiving and those people can take another day off as their Thanksgiving.

Tesla may have that setup. So if you wanted to take Juneteenth off and work Memorial Day instead, that's fine.

No different than my employer. In fact, I’m not even guaranteed to get that off if I wanted it(paid or unpaid.)

The point you apparently missed is that Musk announced Juneteenth would be a "holiday" at Tesla and SpaceX... but he was just trying to cash on in the BLM movement. He hasn't actually done anything.

It's pretty disgusting to try to make PR off the lives of murdered black people like that.

The point you apparently missed is that Musk announced Juneteenth would be a "holiday" at Tesla and SpaceX... but he was just trying to cash on in the BLM movement. He hasn't actually done anything.

It's pretty disgusting to try to make PR off the lives of murdered black people like that.

He will be adding another PTO day for people to use at their choice for this holiday or any other. That is a LOT more than “nothing”. Again, more than most other employers will do.

Twitter

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatSix911

You are very obviously not American.

There are 10 Federal holidays. Government and some businesses close on all of those holidays, but most businesses only close only a subset of those holidays, the ones considered more important, which includes Independence Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

However, as somebody notes some businesses that open on those holidays give an extra vacation day instead, or they handle those other holidays differently.

From other articles, in the case of Tesla, for those "working holidays" it sounds like it can be taken as a no-questions asked vacation day, or at minimum as a no-questions-asked day of unpaid leave.

EDIT: as the poster above said, Musk's tweet says they're adding a vacation day or "Paid Time Off" day, which seems to be the HR speak for it.

Last edited:
Musk has endorsed Kanye West for president 2020.

My initial reply was going to be "this is a joke right?", but I searched and it's real. Why?

If Elon Musk wants Tesla to do well, economic and cultural stability is going to help that a lot. Having a sane, competent, and relatively boring president goes a long way towards that. Kanye West as president would be just another form of crazy. The presidency is a massively complex job that requires some experience doing something related to be able to do an even passable job.

My initial reply was going to be "this is a joke right?", but I searched and it's real. Why?

If Elon Musk wants Tesla to do well, economic and cultural stability is going to help that a lot. Having a sane, competent, and relatively boring president goes a long way towards that. Kanye West as president would be just another form of crazy. The presidency is a massively complex job that requires some experience doing something related to be able to do an even passable job.

Kanye is a Trump fan but seems to have turned on him. It's anyone's guess what Musk things West will do for him but one thing's clear: they are all idiots.

• Disagree
Reactions: FlatSix911
Status
Not open for further replies.