Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not happy to see the government picking winners and losers.
There will be always winners and losers, regardless of policy. We can only pick ones that we feel deserving being winners and losers. And by "we" I mean those with money and political power. End result is very predictable, and in fact one failure scenario is ongoing in USA right now as we speak.

The government's job is to create an equitable playing field,
There is no such thing as "equitable playing field" and never will be.

then let free markets do the rest.
Your faith in this particular economic system is indistinguishable from communist's conviction. Economic system is tool, not religion.

Oh, and Nuclear Fusion's Gish gallop is cute.

I've just spent the last hour reading various articles about elon, and the majority of the negative ones seem to stem from valleywag/gawker. Do they have it out for the guy or is he really that horrible?

It seems they all say "wow, great car, great idea, but I hate Elon"...

I have no problem with that. Musk is my favorite ruthless bullshitter in the whole world.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Elon interviewed by Kara Swisher:

‎Sway on Apple Podcasts

She talks about it here:

Don’t get him started about CV19

I just listened to the podcast. I’ve never liked Kara as an interviewer. It’s like an emotional person of ordinary IQ interviewing a genius. It’s a mismatch and both interviewer and interviewee get frustrated. I mean Kara even had to interject directly to us that she didn’t agree with Elon about his views (on Covid). Who cares, Kara, you’re just a journalist. When you’ve done enough in your life for people to want to interview you, then you can say your opinions. Sheesh.

I also didn’t learn anything new about Elon or Tesla or SpaceX or anything, really, in that interview.

Musk is a smart man, and has met Trump. He understands how vindictive the man is if he wins and Musk has publicly stated to vote for Biden. He is keeping neutral but I’d be personally surprised if he actually does vote for him.

I dunno, there seems to be some kinship there. Neither of them can stop lying, it's habitual. In fact both don't really seem to understand the concept or truth or facts.

Been thinking. What if the news about Trump testing positive is a hoax?
How would it benefit him?
I do not trust a word that comes out of that administration.

Stop it. This isn’t a politics forum. Also I’d suggest recalibrating your conspiracy theory filter, it’s getting a bit whacked.

Why is Elon Musk suddenly bashing Martin Eberhard again? Why rehash an old beef from back in 2007? Look, I'm no fan of Eberhard, after his Teslafounders blog bashing Tesla, but Elon needs to forget about this.
Elon was replying to @KarenRei, who was demolishing the twitterverse argument that Elon was not a founder of Tesla and stole the company from Eberhart.

I learned something new from that thread. I didn't know Eberhard didn't significantly invest $$ in Tesla. His company, NuvoMedia was sold to GemStar for $187M, so he had lots of money to invest in Tesla but didn't.

Nafnlaus:

What gets me is that with all of the money he earned from the sale of NuvoMedia, that he only invested $75k in the Series A round. 1% of the round, with you [Elon] picking up 98% of it. I'm always hesitant about projects whose founders don't want much of their money invested in it.

Elon Musk:

Exactly. He plays the “poor inventor” card, but was rich all along & invented nothing (as far as I know). I went down to zero cash or sellable assets in 2008/2009, had no house & had to borrow money from friends to pay rent.

• Informative
Reactions: Pluto
Guys, go back and read the first few pages of this thread. This very thread is a goldmine of real-time perspective on the Elon Musk-Martin Eberhard beef. There's also the Tesla early years thread (Tesla Motors - The Early Years) with some more stuff from the Eberhard side.

But right now, Eberhard just has a few million of his fortune while Elon Musk has $100B. Elon won the fight. Musk and Eberhard settled their lawsuits with a mutual non-disparagement agreement eleven years ago. Elon Musk gains nothing by rehashing this old beef.

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911
Status
Not open for further replies.