Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting reading... Against all odds, Elon Musk was able to achieve success with Tesla and SpaceX

Elon Musk has made Tesla and SpaceX a resounding success. But that wasn't what he originally predicted according to a recent article in CNBC. In September, Musk actually tweeted, "To be frank, in the early days, I thought there was >90% chance that both SpaceX & Tesla would be worth $0."

All in all, “it took an utterly insane amount of work to move the SpaceX & Tesla success probabilities above ~zero,” Musk tweeted. “I thought our chances of success were so low that I didn’t want to risk anyone’s funds in the beginning but my own,” Musk earlier noted in his “Master Plan, Part Deux,” which he posted on the Tesla blog back in 2016.

Elon-Musk-at-Gigafactory-sunglasses.jpg

Elon Musk gains nothing by rehashing this old beef.
Except encouraging people to research for themselves & discover Elon was not a co-founder but an early investor
No amount of revisionism via lawsuits can change the facts
And we know with the Amy Coney Barrett senate hearings, that science & logic is above the intellectual pay grade of those employed in law

Elon now claiming that Sweden’s approach was right. 14th highest death rate in the world (for population >100K)
New Zealand a total failure with their hard lockdown & a death rate one of the lowest in the world

#What Would Elon Do?
#Elon Take The Wheel

People may be having second thoughts about his Mars colony if he thinks that's okay.

Just last week, Sweden registered its highest daily coronavirus case count since the pandemic began.
It also has one of the highest death rates in the world

Musk tweets a week ago that “Sweden was right”

Dolt
Sweden currently has plenty of cases, but apparently a pretty low death rate. Time will tell whether, given the increase in cases, the death rate remains low. Elon may be on to something; we'll see.

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 20.54.28.png

Sweden currently has plenty of cases, but apparently a pretty low death rate. Time will tell whether, given the increase in cases, the death rate remains low. Elon may be on to something; we'll see.

View attachment 605788

Sweden reports data only by date of death (apparently) so it lags a couple weeks and shows a perpetual decline in deaths in the last two weeks. Deaths are going to rise. I guess we'll see whether they rise to the prior peak. Depends on the shielding of the elderly I guess.

https://twitter.com/zorinaq/status/1324127038924492800?s=20

Marc Bevand does a good job analyzing and explaining how this works. No wailing about the high case numbers, etc. No fearmongering. Everything is explained as clearly as possible.

Also read this thread: https://twitter.com/zorinaq/status/1319892084250165254

Summary: COVID kills. How many it kills depends on the number of infections and the distribution (by age) of those infections.

Elon is wrong. He was right about being able to reopen the Fremont factory, though, and I hope none of his workers have died.

• Informative
Reactions: abasile and Dave EV
Summary: COVID kills

Fearmongering.
Facts:
- oxygen kills
- water kills
- flu kills
- pneumonia kills
- traffic kills
- roofs kill
- beds kill
- doctors kill
- nurses kill
- people kill
- animals kill
- anything and everything kills

Stating facts without proper context is the worst form of deception.

What is appropriate context for COVID?
We do not have one because those that had to provide one failed miserably and gave into fearmongering.

Somehow this year no one died of anything but COVID. We cured cancer!

Please guys, there’s a reason there’s a separate coronavirus thread. Take it there.

I’ll do most of the discussion about coronavirus over there, of course, but this was specifically about what Elon said (about Sweden), and continues to say. It’s very interesting! In the end he seems to mostly care about his factories being open and nothing else matters. Hopefully he is taking personal precautions which are contrary to his public statements; he is at risk (about 0.1% probably). We need Elon, IMO.

I’ll do most of the discussion about coronavirus over there, of course, but this was specifically about what Elon said (about Sweden), and continues to say. It’s very interesting! In the end he seems to mostly care about his factories being open and nothing else matters. Hopefully he is taking personal precautions which are contrary to his public statements; he is at risk (about 0.1% probably). We need Elon, IMO.

Elon wears a mask when needed. He was right to open Fremont.

But since so many people will not wear masks and the hospitals are getting overwhelmed again, a temporary lockdown on some businesses (Ie restaurants) might be necessary to reduce the stress on the hospitals.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Status
Not open for further replies.