Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo Elon.

SAN FRANCISCO, Feb 26 (Reuters) - SpaceX billionaire Elon Musk said on Saturday that the company's Starlink satellite broadband service is available in Ukraine and SpaceX is sending more terminals to the country, whose internet has been disrupted due to the Russian invasion.

"Starlink service is now active in Ukraine. More terminals en route," Musk tweeted.
He was responding to a tweet by a Ukraine government official who asked Musk to provide the embattled country with Starlink stations.

1645952273179.png

Last edited:
Reactions: philw1776
This administration seems to be very pro-union and disregards companies that are not union. In situations where management abuses workers unions are necessary. I think most if not all the Japanese auto plants in the US are non-union and you never hear any complaints because the management culture is more respectful of workers than the Big 3 American auto makers have been historically.

With the lawsuits over discrimination at Tesla's factory, things are perfectly rosy there for workers, but I don't think a company should be shunned just because they are not a union shop.

The need for a union is a symptom of a toxic work environment, it is one solution and probably the only solution when management is unwilling to solve the problems, but they are not the answer to everything.

what's the name? e=mc^2?

• In the interview, she shared the news that their baby girl - named Exa Dark Sideræl - was born last December and referred to Elon as her 'boyfriend'
  • "She told Vanity Fair that their daughter's first name, Exa, was inspired by the supercomputing term exaFLOPS, while Dark is a nod to the 'unknown'
  • Sideræl, which is pronounced sigh-deer-ee-el - is 'the true time of the universe, star time, deep space time, not our relative earth time'
  • Grimes added that the couple are calling their daughter 'Y' for short; their first child, a son who was born in May 2020, is named X Æ A-12, or 'X' for short"

Great interview with Elon

Business Insider: Musk discusses war in Ukraine and importance of nuclear power.

Musk: I think long term, most of civilization's energy is going to come from solar, and then you need to store it with battery because obviously the sun only shines during the day, and sometimes it is very cloudy. So you need solar batteries. That will be the main long-term way that civilization is powered. But between now and then, we need to maintain nuclear. I can't emphasize that enough. This is total madness to shut them down. I want to be clear, total madness.

Döpfner: With knowledge, products and services, Elon Musk is almost a strategic weapon in modern warfare.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Great interview with Elon Business Insider: Musk discusses war in Ukraine and importance of nuclear power.

Musk: I think long term, most of civilization's energy is going to come from solar, and then you need to store it with battery because obviously the sun only shines during the day, and sometimes it is very cloudy. So you need solar batteries. That will be the main long-term way that civilization is powered.
But between now and then, we need to maintain nuclear. I can't emphasize that enough.
This is total madness to shut them down. I want to be clear, total madness.

Döpfner: With knowledge, products and services, Elon Musk is almost a strategic weapon in modern warfare.
I could not agree more... nuclear is the bridge technology needed to get to our long-term energy goal of infinite Solar and Storage.

Last edited:
Reactions: abasile and mspohr
I could not agree more... nuclear is the bridge technology needed to get to our long-term energy goal of infinite Solar and Storage.

Unfortunately nuclear power has such a bad reputation building new plants is almost impossible in a lot of countries, including the US. There are much safer designs now that those that have had accidents in the past, but the public doesn't understand that.

Unfortunately nuclear power has such a bad reputation building new plants is almost impossible in a lot of countries, including the US. There are much safer designs now that those that have had accidents in the past, but the public doesn't understand that.
I don't think Elon is calling for new plants. Just keep operating existing plants until we can build wind, solar and storage.

Its quite common to drive your Tesla, autopilot engaded, and perhaps experience a turn where the cameras dont read the road correctly. One starts start “huffing and puffing”.

However ; on you-tube, you can download some of the investor day videos.

These clearly explain (in semi-laymans terms) the phenomenal progress being made. These developments (such as 60 billion transistors on a Tesla FSD chip) are unique to Tesla.
The competition ( they reference NVIDIA) are four years behind.

The technology is actually in every Tesla that ships today.

My point is, that most Tesla owners, let alone the average population, dont realise how far ahead Elon is.

I utterly admire him. Fearless and admirable.

Welp, Elon just personally bought a 9.2% stake in Twitter, costing him a few $B. With the 25% stock price jump today, he’s already netted a $1B paper profit. He’s now Twitter‘s largest shareholder, holding over 3x founder Jack Dorsey. I hope this means he will be able to install some common sense free speech provisions…
We may get Elon's ideas of free speech. Not necessarily yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.