Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what type of gov, having EM participate in it can only be a great thing. Even more so on a government that is doing everything wrong. I can only wish that he would do something about ALL govs.
If the gov was doing everything well and good, then there would be no or less need/ benefit to have EM in it. Its exactly when the gov is doing terrible things that you need guys like EM to step in.

Not much use bringing water to a fountain, but in the desert it will save your sweet bum.

Last edited:
Reactions: abasile and bonnie
Credit where it's due. I appreciated Elon tweeting against the immigration executive order.
I agree, Elon has found his way to redemption. He apparently got a lot of blowback for his Tillerson endorsement. I wonder how much that had to do with his denouncement of the Pussy Grabber in Chief's immigration EO? Only he and Uber CEO have spoken up about the immigration policy. Nicki Haley said, "either support us or we are taking names!" I guess that Elon should expect a letter asking hm to resign from the Economic Advisory Committee.

• Disagree
Reactions: CmdrThor
He's paving the road to hell with his good intentions. Collaborating with the regime only encourages Trump, who interprets Elon's actions as fealty. Is time for Elon to show whether he has principles, or cares for any interests but his own.

Trump couldn't give a rat's patootie for Elon's "fealty" or lack thereof. Elon showed that he is not supporting Trump's policies by tweeting against the immigration ban. Rather, Elon is offering his advice, which is good for the nation. Musk gave half-hearted approval to one nominee, and some folks here disagree with that approval, which is fine. But to crucify him because you feel he should wholeheartedly condemn everything Trump does, and you disagree with one tweet is extreme.

BTW, your screen name is an extraordinarily nasty fictional character. Why anyone would want to identify with Kaiser Soze is a great mystery to me. (Great movie, though.)

Reactions: WarpedOne
Bravo, Elon, for speaking up about this "order" (the most egregious abuse of power really) that's ripping families apart!

The US has the history, the maturity and the checks & balances to get this temporary insanity straightened out; the federal judge's stay decision is a start.

#noban

This "tempoary insanity" might last four years, or more.

Reactions: T34ME
Elon Musk is an unethical **************! Everyone who still supports Trump at this point is one! And no, I'm not a Democrat.
Elon Musk has power and reach. He should open his mouth and protest instead of joining Trump. **** that little tweet, Musk has shown his real side by joining Trumps cabinet.
What comes around goes around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elon Musk is an unethical *************! Everyone who still supports Trump at this point is one! And no, I'm not a Democrat.
Elon Musk has power and reach. He should open his mouth and protest instead of joining Trump. **** that little tweet, Musk has shown his real side by joining Trumps cabinet.
If you had a chance to influence Trump for the good, would you take it?

Elon Musk is an unethical **************! Everyone who still supports Trump at this point is one! And no, I'm not a Democrat.
Added benefit to Trumps recent actions is exposing all of the childish radicals that associate with the Tesla brand.

Unethical. A guy who has dedicated his late career to sustainable travel and interplanetary human race insurance is unethical because he's hoping to influence a government that doesn't agree with his stance.

I'd think that, given the opportunity to be in these committees, it'd be more unethical to walk away. Taking a stand in the room is more potent than taking a stand on social media.

Unethical. A guy who has dedicated his late career to sustainable travel and interplanetary human race insurance is unethical because he's hoping to influence a government that doesn't agree with his stance.

I'd think that, given the opportunity to be in these committees, it'd be more unethical to walk away. Taking a stand in the room is more potent than taking a stand on social media.

I think there is a moral Rubicon that once crossed would preclude ethical participation by Elon (& others). If we are not there yet, we seem to getting closer daily...

Reactions: T34ME
IMG_3273.jpg
Ahem.

• Love
Reactions: bonnie
You sound about as intelligent and open minded as the Donald.

Yes, he is unethical. It doesn't matter what he has done before. And we don't know why he became part of the Trump team, for the better good or for $$$.
But one thing is for sure, it's a fact: He's still part of team Trump, he hasn't denounced Trump despite that Trump and Pence stand for everything that Tesla doesn't...or at least I thought so. But even worse, Trump has done completely unethical, ****ed up things in the last 7 days...and Musk stayed quiet (except his little Twitter thingy).
I also don't think he's trying to influence Trump, that's not working anyway. He's taking the weak way, trying to make friends with the enemy for profit. I think in the end Musk will regret that he didn't stand up against this scumbag...
How does it make you feel driving a car that supports Trump?
Just my 2 cents, sorry for the swearing...

I hear the sentiment here and on Twitter from some that it's good for Elon to stay on that council, to take input from a wide variety of his followers and present it to Trump. Yes, it's indeed good to be doing that if and only if the other party is a rational-thinking and level-headed person who's willing to listen and accommodate divergent opinions.

Trump's neither. If anything, I see him yanking Elon and some others around thus getting his "endorsement" (or whatever it can be called) from these parties while he'll proceed with exactly the agenda he cares about. That's the most unfortunate but inevitable outcome and I'm sad that Elon's not seeing that (or doesn't want to see that?!).

It's the same story with Theresa May and her urgency to cozy up to Trump to buttress her own country's economic future post-Brexit.

This will all end in tears for Elon and his agenda / support base / mission. :sigh:

Yes, ....
EM has goals and he is pursuing them, as always. At this point he is on an advisory board. I do not think that makes one yay or nay Trump. It is often wise to listen and observe before taking a definitive action. It is not clear on what will transpire under the present administration (although I have to admit my periods of 'oh it may not be so bad' are getting shorter and shorter ... almost gone at this point). Let's wait and see. I have found EM has usually analyzed a situation a few steps past me.

Reactions: Jevi_S85D
Status
Not open for further replies.