Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1200x-1.jpg

Wow this thread really is gossipy. I think this forum should be above ramblings about how Elon should go about dating and if he's putting on weight or not. We all have eyes to see for ourselves if he's putting on some pounds or if he takes them off again. This is a guy running Tesla and SpaceX at the same time, seemingly keeping the big picture in focus whilst at the same time micromanaging as needed. That's impressive. I think he can manage his weight when he is able to prioritize it. He has 5 kids and has been married numerous times (several times to the same woman too) so I would suggest he has above averge skills in that departement too :)

Anyway, I hope he doesn't read this thread.

Elon has said some pretty obnoxious things about smart people are the ones who should have lots of kids. I couldn't find the quote but I distinctly remember it being widely reported (pre Model S days).
From a biological sense it would make sense, but eugenics isn't necessarily an ethical philosophy. Besides we don't really know what parts of the genome controls a persons intelligence.

Reactions: ohmman
True. I'm proud to say that I am of above average intelligence, with good skills in computers, mechanical knowledge, and other technical interests. My people skills are somewhat lacking, though.

My cunning, scheming, and other manipulative skills have worked out well for me sometimes, helping me to get into better positions now and then.

My parents, however, define the word "average". They aren't bad, but aren't great either. My younger brother tries but has never really pulled it together like me. My sister tries also but is more temperamental. I'm glad I was born first and got the best genes, although it would be nice if I didn't inherit the family trait towards fatness.

• Funny
Reactions: MitchMitch
What's obnoxious about that? You prefer the gene pool be filled with lower IQ folks?

It was once thought that measuring IQ in children would allow people to predict which ones would succeed and which wouldn't. About the only correlations between IQ scores and anything else is performance in school and Myers Briggs type. Among people with very high IQ scores about half live very dysfunctional lives and are often unable to make a good living. The other half tend to be well adjusted and lead comfortable and generally happy lives, though few get rich.

On the other end of the scale people with very low IQ scores usually have something wrong with their brain and fall into the learning disabilities category.

There is very little link between IQ and making a lot of money. There are a handful of people who have high IQs, are workaholics, and got lucky who end up rich, but they are the exception rather than the norm. Elon Musk happens to be one of these few.

Personally I think wisdom is a much more valuable life skill than raw intelligence most of the time. Intelligence is the ability to collect knowledge, wisdom is the ability to use what you know and can learn to achieve the best possible outcome. I've known some people who were walking encyclopedias who couldn't make a wise decision if their life depended on it.

It was once thought that measuring IQ in children would allow people to predict which ones would succeed and which wouldn't. About the only correlations between IQ scores and anything else is performance in school and Myers Briggs type...
Years of repeated study agree with you that IQ has no measurable correlation with economic performance, nor with scientific achievement. All those numerous datums offer is that non-intelligence factors far outweigh intelligence in typical success measures.

From experience in graduate school testing legions of volunteers using MB, MMPI and several IQ tests I will offer the non-scientific observation that the higher the IQ the more interesting the person. That's it!

That said I really like very high IQ executives. They often do things that seem impossible to people not quite so culturally aware. I admit I own a Tesla, have two on order and am a long time Apple fan. Come to think of it I like peanut butter, a/c and d/c. If anybody can help avert human disaster it will probably by somebody with a very high IQ. If anybody definitively causes human disaster that probably will be somebody with a very high IQ.

I am happy Elon is one of the good guys!

Wow this thread really is gossipy. I think this forum should be above ramblings about how Elon should go about dating and if he's putting on weight or not. We all have eyes to see for ourselves if he's putting on some pounds or if he takes them off again. This is a guy running Tesla and SpaceX at the same time, seemingly keeping the big picture in focus whilst at the same time micromanaging as needed. That's impressive. I think he can manage his weight when he is able to prioritize it. He has 5 kids and has been married numerous times (several times to the same woman too) so I would suggest he has above averge skills in that departement too :)

Anyway, I hope he doesn't read this thread.
I find that really introguing and interesting. It takes one to know one

Interesting Info-graphic ... The fascinating life of Elon Musk, captured in one giant infographic

MW-EK193_musk_20160413120645_ZH.jpg
Visual Capitalist

From getting bullied and thrown down the stairs in grammar school to becoming “Earth’s most future-oriented person” and earning billions of dollars in the process, it’s hard to wrap one’s brain around just how much Elon Musk has managed to stuff into his 44 years of life.

But that’s where this massive infographic comes in. “In a hundred years, when most people reading this and the person writing this are long gone, Musk’s cars and rockets will still be circling the Earth and the skies,” writes Anna Vital from the Funders and Founders blog. “How can such a person get started against all odds is the question I ask here. And, more importantly, what can we learn from him?”

In a hundred years, when most people reading this and the person writing this are long gone, Musk’s cars and rockets will still be circling the Earth and the skies,” writes Anna Vital from the Funders and Founders blog. “How can such a person get started against all odds is the question I ask here. And, more importantly, what can we learn from him?”

The illustrated life’s journey, which leans heavily on Ashlee Vance’s book, was posted on the Visual Capitalist blog on Tuesday. It winds through several milestones and inflection points, like when Musk sold his first videogame and the time he left Stanford’s PhD program after just two days. And, of course, it also mentions how Musk, after reading “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy,” decided his life’s mission would be to save humanity.

Those are just a few of the highlights. It’s a huge visualization , so we broke it down into some notable sections.
The rough early years, capped by a nice profit at the age of 12:

MW-EK197_downlo_20160413123802_NS.png

A youthful existential crisis and getting his hands dirty:

MW-EK198_downlo_20160413124102_NS.png

A formal education and some dues-paying:

MW-EK200_downlo_20160413124404_NS.png

Grappling with tragedy, pondering Tesla and making the bucks:

MW-EK201_downlo_20160413125003_NS.png

Still to come:

MW-EK202_downlo_20160413125203_NS.png

Status
Not open for further replies.