Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he thought when he reached 5000/week the shorts would instantaneously evaporate. They did not. They just moved the goalpost.

They might have lost their leverage if it was widely believed that the 5000 was legit. How many cars do you think they built the 1st week in G3? Shorts are winning because consensus is it wasn’t 5000.

Your belief that it was just the personal offense of being a short target that caused him to lose his gourd just doesn’t match the evidence. He says something about the shorts leading to the destruction of Tesla. Tell me a story where that risk isn’t related to Elon’s knowledge about cash flow and a coming need for more.

Remember, he knows the reality inside the company. His behavior speaks volumes more to me than his tweet attempts to drive the market.

Reactions: mos6507
Yeah, I just read that too. I wish Elon would just relax. Everything is going well in general. Model 3 ramp is on track. Profitability around the corner. He should take a couple weeks off with some friends.

The last time he took time off he almost died and the board tried to steal his company out from under him. It was when he took his honeymoon while CEO of Paypal.

The amount of drama from both Elon and Trump is staggering. It does not look good to be known as using recreational drugs. Or to be seen having a meltdown after you are known to be under investigation. I don’t think things end well for the Elon Musk regime. Hopefully things go better for the company itself and it’s amazing designers/engineers.

This is not a good analogy.
Trump has a huge amount of problems (I'll leave it at that), and I'm hopeful will be out sooner than later.

Elon's not perfect in the same way Steve Jobs wasn't. They are very different people, but both have weak sides (that are different).

As I'm someone who stepped away from tech when I made enough money to not have to work anymore, I think it takes a particular personality to continue long after that point with that level of intensity.

This is not a good analogy.
Trump has a huge amount of problems (I'll leave it at that), and I'm hopeful will be out sooner than later.

Elon's not perfect in the same way Steve Jobs wasn't. They are very different people, but both have weak sides (that are different).

As I'm someone who stepped away from tech when I made enough money to not have to work anymore, I think it takes a particular personality to continue long after that point with that level of intensity.

I work in tech, but well behind the cutting edge largely because I don't want that kind of pressure. Back when I first became interested in Tesla my SO suggested I should send them my resume, but I already knew enough to stay away and said so.

I've had to step up my intensity to meet deadlines occasionally and I can do it fine for a couple of weeks, but then I get tired. One time early in my career I had to put in intense hours for a few months and knew something was definitely wrong when I was on my way home after another extremely long day and the car in front of my slammed on their brakes. My first reaction was "I don't care". I did manage to stop in time (I wasn't following close), but that kind of shook me.

I can admire that kind of drive to achieve and the innovation someone like Elon Musk brings to the world, but I could never work in that kind of environment.

I came across this the other day. It's Mark Cuban defending Musk and I think he's pretty accurate:

• Love
Reactions: abasile
This is drugs, this is Tesla with its CEO on drugs....any questions?

Attachments

• 9F035AA6-C7CA-4BE4-AF89-6090D8A1D3BA.jpeg
    9F035AA6-C7CA-4BE4-AF89-6090D8A1D3BA.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: u00mem9 and AWDtsla
Not sure I agree with the Steve Jobs comparisons or Mark Cuban. I think there is an underlying scam going on here fueled by a detachment from reality, probably drug induced. Steve Jobs was a young man when he was erratic. Elon is not young. Tesla needs some adults running the place.

Do you get some sort of sexual gratification from these posts?

Not sure I agree with the Steve Jobs comparisons or Mark Cuban. I think there is an underlying scam going on here fueled by a detachment from reality, probably drug induced. Steve Jobs was a young man when he was erratic. Elon is not young. Tesla needs some adults running the place.

Jobs was the same right up to the end of his life. I know someone who worked directly for him a few years before Jobs died. He got fired multiple times when Jobs was in a bad mood. The next day Jobs' assistant would be calling wondering why he wasn't in the office.

If anything Elon is more stable than Jobs.

@Barklikeadog (doesn't a hidden profile just say it all)

Elon Musk:
Zip2 $350M
Paypal $1.2B
Solarcity
Tesla
Spacex
Hyperloop
Open AI

that's right you just sit in your armchair serving up critiques whilst shaking your head

I think it is safe to say Elon is operating on a plane far beyond your comprehension
wow really? the guy is crying and complaining about stress and no sleep and missing his family, I have the outlandish idea of delegating some authority so he can have some relief. and I'M the bad guy. :rolleyes: Ok you win. Ive changed my mind. Hey Elon, you keep burning the candle at both ends even if it screws up your health, mind, and ruins your family life.

wow really? the guy is crying and complaining about stress and no sleep and missing his family, I have the outlandish idea of delegating some authority so he can have some relief. and I'M the bad guy. :rolleyes: Ok you win. Ive changed my mind. Hey Elon, you keep burning the candle at both ends even if it screws up your health, mind, and ruins your family life.

Elon Musk had a live, videotaped interview with Marques Brownlee on the same day he spoke to The NY Times:

In the 18 minutes of interview footage, Musk’s demeanor is completely at odds with the NY Times’ portrayal of his condition that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.