Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon twits AP1 improvements coming...anyone still trust them?

Guess the 'improvement' / downgrade:

• Remove asinine +0 speed limit on undivided roads

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Remove all Autopilot usage on undivided roads

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Implement asinine +0 speed limit on all roads including divided freeway

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Steering wheel nags every 10 seconds

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Back out previous gimping after realizing this is a PR nightmare

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Other improvements they haven't thought of yet, and will begin work tonight

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • On dash counter for remaining full-power launches for P cars

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I trust Tesla... much more than most any other company.
I will continue to install updates because they always fix things and add new features.
Yes, I am upset that the last update restricted by speed to below the speed limit on two lane roads (stupid) and I am upset that I get constant nags to keep my hands on the steering wheel when my hands ARE on the steering wheel. (Please don't tell me that "I'm holding it wrong.")
However, on balance, the car keeps getting better... much better with each software update.

All I know for sure is I won't update until I hear about what's in there.
I'm guessing stop sign and traffic light recognition, but sadly expect it to be just a shiny toy to distract from further additional restrictions like a +0 limit on highways or no AP on single lane side streets.
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see them adding any additional AP functionality to HW1. HW2 is now the focus as they let HW1 fade into the background and attempt to make it less of a potential "liability".

I'm glad some can see the improvements and understand a tiny bit how far Tesla has come in such a short time. I can understand how there might be disappointment, but at 73, I look back and realize that I never got all that I wanted, even at Christmas. You just gotta be thankful that we have these problems, which are definitely NOT something we worried about ten years ago!!

@uu I think it is time to consider that you delete your account since you sound like a troll.

I try to be a little humorous...and I definitely Am interested in letting Tesla know functionality should be confirmed before roll out. They will be burned at the stake if 500k model 3 buyers prepay for self driving that never works.

I guess the ice melted in my kool-aid a little with the recent tesla signal : noise ratio dropping pretty low, but it's still the best car on the road! (Model S)

Well which is it? They are so innovative they can't be troubled to validate safety before release or they are so safe they can't be troubled to release a product until it's fully validated. (But they can sell it before it's finished)

This thread is meant to be about AP1, but I think you are taking about the current issue some have with owning AP2 hardware and no AP capability

I'm glad some can see the improvements and understand a tiny bit how far Tesla has come in such a short time. I can understand how there might be disappointment, but at 73, I look back and realize that I never got all that I wanted, even at Christmas. You just gotta be thankful that we have these problems, which are definitely NOT something we worried about ten years ago!!
I always wanted a puppy, but never got one. I never held it against Santa even to this day, since it would be a gift. However, Santa never took my money for a puppy, showed me how it could do tricks, then kept it locked in a kennel where it couldn't do anything. Aren't tortured analogies fun!