Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Emergency siren on phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently 3’s network failed to deliver for many. For those on Wi-Fi and not 4G/5G cellular the message will be delayed. For those with severe emergency alerts turned off or phone on air-plane mode or out of cell tower range, similar. Mine on O2 was received at 14:59:32.

City street chatter increased a bit, for a while.

From=Emergency Alerts, Severity=Extreme, Urgency=Immediate, Response type=Shelter, Certainty=Observed, Alert category=Geophysical

Last edited:
Apparently 3’s network failed to deliver for many. For those on Wi-Fi and not 4G/5G cellular the message will be delayed. For those with severe emergency alerts turned off or phone on air-plane mode or out of cell tower range, similar. Mine on O2 was received at 14:59:32.

City street chatter increased a bit, for a while.

From=Emergency Alerts, Severity=Extreme, Urgency=Immediate, Response type=Shelter, Certainty=Observed, Alert category=Geophysical
I was doubly lucky then! both my phone, and my 10" tablet are on 3's network so didn't hear a thing!

Yeah was out with my son. Mine is on EE and went off at the right time, my son's on Three for nothing. Someone's phone at the place we were at went off like 10 minutes after everyone else's.

Maybe Three have decided in an emergency you'll probably get screwed and then unable to pay your Three bill so there's no business reason to invest in the alert system 😉

Mine on O2 got an alert

Wife on Smarty (on O2) didn't get an alert

Screenshot_20230423_145923_Emergency alerts.jpg

Reactions: Skie
I intentionally disabled it weeks ago. This is because we have Amber weather warnings every single week in winter for:
Beast from the east storm to bring killer death snow = 3 flakes fall in Scotland.
Torrential downpours will see millions without electricity and homes flooded = a light shower.
Red alert take action for deadly winds = a fly farts.

And summer:
Deadly heatwave to kill millions and will be hotter than the Sahara = a nice summers day.

These alerts work in other parts of the world where they have wild fires, flash floods, avalanches and other significant disasters, not here, not in our overly woke, pathetic country where everything is a problem.