Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Employee Reservations Beginning July 28

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read above... Bonnie speculates that selected people could have "received a special call" ahead of time.

(And no, nobody called me... :( )
That's how it worked for the first cars last time - I picked options talking to someone on the phone. Since it was a Signature, it was fully loaded, so pricing wasn't an issue. Really just had to pick color and interior choices. After the first couple, the Design Studio was opened to a small number of early reservation holders ... and then finally to everyone.

I'm sure some employees have early access to the Design Studio.

With just a few thousand cars forecast for the rest of the quarter, it seems premature to open the design studio to non-employees this week.

On the other hand, if the option pricing is set, and one would think it would be by now, what's the harm in opening up the floodgates to the (only) several thousand existing CA owners who stood in line during Day One?

As well, I'd be surprised if a significant percentage didn't exercise their 6-month deferral option in order to wait for AWD or other added value.

Obviously Tesla won't be inviting non employees to configure and lock in their reservation on Friday. But I still expect to see a simple design studio so we can play with options and colors and such.

Obviously Tesla won't be inviting non employees to configure and lock in their reservation on Friday. But I still expect to see a simple design studio so we can play with options and colors and such.

I don't know if we will necessarily have access to anything but I'm sure some kind employee with grace us with an anonymous leak of design studio screenshots.

Of course employees will be selling for huge profits. Like @oktane said, how in the heck is Tesla going to know that there wasn't a big pile of cash trasferred on the side?

This car has like the longest waiting list in history
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but you seem to be expressing that the logistics of enforcement of "appropriate behavior" should influence whether such behavior should be indicated at all. Put another way, the implication is that "if someone can get away with something I shouldn't bother calling it out as bad." Odd.

• Love
Reactions: cdub and ChadS

I'm not. I just hope to find out what the options are and what they cost at the announcement.

Agree with Sstolz25. I'll be happy if Elon's presentation touches on the high points, like range, performance and pricing information on options but I don't expect the detail information many are anticipating. Hopefully they will release a spec sheet published over the weekend.

From over on r/teslamotors, employees just got this email:
Because employees are receiving special priority, all Model 3 cars prioritized to employees must be registered to you or your family member and may not be resold for more than the original price. Reservation holders will agree to these terms when their order is placed.

Persons have said before during the configuration page -- one can put anyone's name in the field and ultimately that's what is printed out at title and pickup/delivery.

It appears this remains true where one could realistically use another family member's name in the configuration page and attest and agree to terms in the order placement.

Having never configured or picked up a Tesla, wonder if this is true.

Keeping one of our instore day 1 reservations, but would love to gift the other to a friend or colleague once they see us driving the 3 around and they want one too --- would be awesome to get them to take our spare reservation....while agreeing to all the same terms -- no profiteering.

Who else is considering getting a job at their local SC to get the M3 sooner?

Jobs at Tesla | Tesla

Do you think they will hire me before Friday?

I am a SoCal Tesla owner currently with a launch day reservation. Now I just need to take delivery at the factory and work at Tesla.

I have a distant family member who used to work as an in-house legal counsel for Solar City but after the merger he now works for Tesla. He reserved two 3's, one for himself and the other for his brother.

If you are an employee that is selling your early obtained car, not only are you going against the wishes of the company, going around an agreement that you signed, but you're also hurting the company, because the company wants employees to have the first cars to get wind of any early issues.

If you are an employee that is selling your early obtained car, not only are you going against the wishes of the company, going around an agreement that you signed, but you're also hurting the company, because the company wants employees to have the first cars to get wind of any early issues.

Yeah, but you might be doubling your money, which is a big deal for a sales person making less than $40,000 a year.