Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Engine Sound Modules? - Pedestrian Warning System (PWS) and Boombox

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you fit the speaker it will need a config change by Tesla to allow it on your car. There is talk of a retrofit option, but even guys in the States are having mixed or no feedback from Tesla about it.

I believe someone on here - I forget who, sorry - fitted a compatible speaker and PWS sounds worked for a brief time before the car decided it shouldn't allow it (a bit like temporary ambient lighting on SR+s). Boombox I doubt will work at all without the config option.

EDIT: Teach me to not read the entire thread.. it was @Mr H as above :D

• Funny
Reactions: Mr H

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I'd love this, IF it was something I could use when I wanted to, and not forced to have it on all the way.
The milltek once seems to allow you to do that.

To be honest I'm not looking for my car to sound like a v8 with a snap crackle and popping exhaust. But I would LOVE for it to sound like a Taycan... Not sure if anyone has actually heard one first hand. I did. Last week. Their simulated noise is epic. It doesn't really sound like an engine. It's like a very subtle futursric flying car sound. Like the jetsons car, but better! So cool.

Funnily enough I was just reailizing they've (accidentally, I think) enabled the PWS in the last couple of updates. No boombox of course, and it only works forwards and sounds bloody awful, like scraping something over the road.. took a while for me to even realize what it was.. I put the speaker in ages ago and when it didn't work just forgot about it.. but it progressively gets louder as you speed up and cuts off abruptly at 22mph, comes back as you slow down.. very repeatable.

here's a few sounds I put in boombox
Pedestrian Warning System.mp4

Here's another: deathstar.mov
Of course, I don't leave this on while driving but it can be selectively activated by honking the horn, or hitting preview while parked. Altho the Bike Bell does make a nice pedestrian warning. I've always thought that cars should have a "polite" horn option, a kind of a-hem, can we move along here?

Boombox and its availability status in UK

Last edited:
Funnily enough I was just reailizing they've (accidentally, I think) enabled the PWS in the last couple of updates. No boombox of course, and it only works forwards and sounds bloody awful, like scraping something over the road.. took a while for me to even realize what it was.. I put the speaker in ages ago and when it didn't work just forgot about it.. but it progressively gets louder as you speed up and cuts off abruptly at 22mph, comes back as you slow down.. very repeatable.
I thought the same! But turned out it was my front mud flaps that just scrape on EVERYTHING lol

Going to remove them soon.