Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• D1C1925C-23C9-406B-B43A-14B287E0C791.jpeg
    D1C1925C-23C9-406B-B43A-14B287E0C791.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 68
Yeah, I do a fair amount of React and JS and even for me is hard to follow obscure names lol. From my 15 min peek this morning nothing important seem to be added to the app from the previous release.

Thank you for doing the research!

If it's useful, I'll attach the output I was reading through. I used uglify-js to beautify the two bundle files first, and then did a no-index git diff between the two. 99% of the lines do seem to be updating React and its dependencies, but here are the 685 lines in the diff that contain "summon." And the majority of those are only different due to differences in the minification, but reading between the lines it does seem like some more work was done to flesh out smart summon.

Attachments

• gitdiff_summon.txt
    84.4 KB · Views: 67
Looking at the javascript this seems new:
return o.state={summonMode:f.fsdMode?W.SummonMode.PARKER:W.SummonMode.AURIX,summonModeParkerSupported:f.fsdMode,summonModeParkerReady:!1,fsdMode:f.fsdMode

PARKER I believe is nvidia chip for HW 2.5
AURIX is another automotive chip. There were references to both in the previous version, but not to the fsdMode toggle.
Edit: looks like PARKER and AURIX are both chips on the Nvidia boards (SOC vs safety chip).

Last edited:
It’s interesting how quiet it’s been, though. Presumably at least a handful of new folks have gotten Smart Summon from the EAP and yet there haven’t been any new videos surfacing. So either people are adhering to the NDA, Smart Summon has been revoked, Smart Summon isn’t working well enough to warrant new videos, or <insert some other reason here>

It’s interesting how quiet it’s been, though. Presumably at least a handful of new folks have gotten Smart Summon from the EAP and yet there haven’t been any new videos surfacing. So either people are adhering to the NDA, Smart Summon has been revoked, Smart Summon isn’t working well enough to warrant new videos, or <insert some other reason here>

Or the people that posted videos violating the NDA were identified by Tesla and kicked out of EAP.

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D