Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I almost wonder if they've reached the HW2.5 limits- but are stuck with having promised the feature to EAP (2.5 only) owners so they're trying to spit out a non-crap version at least, with "extra enhanced" summon or something that actually works well being a thing only FSD/HW3 will get.
If that's the case I will gladly give up my "FSD features" for a $3k refund :p

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
get your AP3 upgrade and get the FSD features you paid for.

Nope. The heretics did not buy FSD; they just got EAP. The gates to the kingdom of FSD have been effectively closed to those who did not believe.

Seems like it's time for them to go through their code and eliminate the unnecessary loops. Maybe they can salvage enough computing cycles to add another neuron. ;)

• Love
Reactions: StealthP3D
I almost wonder if they've reached the HW2.5 limits- but are stuck with having promised the feature to EAP (2.5 only) owners so they're trying to spit out a non-crap version at least, with "extra enhanced" summon or something that actually works well being a thing only FSD/HW3 will get.
Perhaps. This particular video seems to imply that HW3 is already behaving in a better way that 2.5.

Perhaps. This particular video seems to imply that HW3 is already behaving in a better way that 2.5.

It's weird how people put out videos like this and make no attempt to test what it is that they are claiming. It definitely is true that this video "seems to imply" that HW3 is better, but it provides exactly zero information on that subject.

I guess they get clicks/views.

Reactions: Elixir

HW 2.5 has done this for over a year. My Model 3 behaves the same way when the lane markings go away as the HW 3.0 car does in that video. Hell it even will do this on snow covered roads if I find a clear enough patch to start autopilot.

But we are talking about a something much narrower in scale here. Think about autopark. That's been available on ICE cars for years! I've had it in most of my cars prior to owning the M3. That's STILL mostly a party trick.

Of course, as soon as enhanced summon gets good enough at driving in parking lots that folks trust it not to hit things, making that behavior be capable of ending with an autopark job will be a pretty trivial change, and will then be massively useful. It will be a party trick until suddenly it isn't.

Reactions: StealthP3D
back to a previously mentioned issue about summon.

suppose I summon my car to get me while I am paying the bill at a restaurant and it pulls up to get me:

1) does it pull up on the curb? where? can I assign that spot for it somehow?

2) what if I get waylaid when my wife wants to do some window shopping. can I send it back to a parking spot or do I have to move it before it gets a ticket?

back to a previously mentioned issue about summon.

suppose I summon my car to get me while I am paying the bill at a restaurant and it pulls up to get me:

1) does it pull up on the curb? where? can I assign that spot for it somehow?

2) what if I get waylaid when my wife wants to do some window shopping. can I send it back to a parking spot or do I have to move it before it gets a ticket?
Your scenario is not supported by enhanced summon. You are required to keep the car in sight and within 150 feet. You are responsible if the car hits anything.
I imagine that some sort of super enhanced summon would be able to handle the situation like a human would. It would remember where it dropped you off. It would find a spot to wait or circle the lot until you showed up.

Your scenario is not supported by enhanced summon. You are required to keep the car in sight and within 150 feet. You are responsible if the car hits anything.
I imagine that some sort of super enhanced summon would be able to handle the situation like a human would. It would remember where it dropped you off. It would find a spot to wait or circle the lot until you showed up.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future there were autonomous cars/robotaxi waiting zones in high volume areas like malls and airports, much like the ride share areas of Uber and Lyft

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
1DA0D351-821E-4935-9912-C8C59BCCF15A.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: DDotJ and Dutchie