Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon has starting rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been saying it for a while now but would love for the car to have its hazards on while summon is active. Since the car makes little to no noise, a visual indicator that its moving would be helpful to pedestrians, and for other drivers to see it moving at a snails pace and can choose to move around it as needed.
Brilliant. U should make your suggestion to Tesla. Seriously

Reactions: 1375mlm
Interesting! However, I offer a perspective. When Tesla stretched the envelope to include Autonomous Feature and allowing people to prepay for the future option, they warned (correctly) that software to accomplish AD would be a some future date. Tesla then withdrew from the configuration site as time stretched on and allowed those who still wanted to configure "off-menu". I can understand those who paid "up-front" and had to wait were frustrated.... However, it seems incongruous to complain waiting for promised software and also complain that it has "bugs" when released because they rushed it to market.

This is complex software which has to operates in the complex and multi facet environment -- we are no longer at 1+1= 2. Tesla is a vanguard for Autonomous Driving. Each iteration over the last few years required hardware (cameras, sensors and processors) that didn't exist a couple of years ago. It is no longer simple calculations, but Artificial Intelligence computing varying levels of probability decision making -- exactly the way drivers maneuver in traffic . My 2016 Model X was suppose to attain Autonomous Driving someday -- only to realize the single camera, the 1 Tera flop processor, the software and the sensors were inadequate to make the decisions needed every second that a human driver performs as second nature. How far they have come in 3 years!

"BETA" simply means both the provider and user understand the product is NOT the final level and agree by turning on the feature, the user accepts that it is not final, may have bugs, may require updates, or complete revisions. That what the owner/driver is accepting when moving the slide to "ON". It is not a cop-out, but a mutual understanding which is common in the software world. Software users always have the option of not implementing "BETA" versions, and foregoing what ever features are currently available by electing to wait the final version on some future date that is fully-tested and debugged by the "BETA" community.

Having attended many Tesla Owners' Brunches and other owner sessions at the local Design and Sales Centers here, I was amazed at the number of request that were written down, (none refused) and passed on to Tesla. Some, I thought were "ridiculous" (like the person that wanted the navigation system to direct and calculate long-distance travel; this was in the days when we used the trip-planer app to help to find where to charge en route -- print it out and take it with you. Now it is integrated in the Nav System and on the "Go Anywhere Tesla" website. Tesla also offered a "feedback" mailbox for the new navigation system -- I sent several observations and recommendations being glad to provide the feedback solicited. I would like, but don't expect confirmation or updates of my recommendations -- understanding it would be a challenge to give feedback to hundreds-of-thousands of users -- providing status; therefore, I accept the one-sided communication. Owners can always send recommendations on their "MY TESLA" sign-on. I remind myself that I never heard from Ford for over 20 years of driving their SUVs.

Just an in insight for those not familiar with SW development (no I am not an expert coder, but managed the SW Process for a large computer company) ... updates/changes implementations are not random, but planed for when the "module/app" is being re-codded and then extensively tested through a set of proven and continuously-updated debug scenarios. It is a complex process to get from Development to ALPHA and BETA code levels and eventually to generally available SW. A bit easier to make a minor change in existing available legacy SW.

My point is not to say the frustrations and recommendations are incorrect, but to provide a perspective of the complexity of doing something like fully AI/Autonomous Driving. Thanks.

There was no car either side
I know. I'm wondering if it would be able to detect low curbs and avoid scratching the rims. If there was a curb, I wouldn't expect another car to be parked on the side with the curb.

When I got my first Tesla, there were no cars on either side of me. I started backing up and didn't realize there was a curb on the passenger side. I managed to get a tiny scrape on my front passenger side wheel because I started turning before I was fully out of the space.

Reactions: 1375mlm
I know. I'm wondering if it would be able to detect low curbs and avoid scratching the rims. If there was a curb, I wouldn't expect another car to be parked on the side with the curb.

When I got my first Tesla, there were no cars on either side of me. I started backing up and didn't realize there was a curb on the passenger side. I managed to get a tiny scrape on my front passenger side wheel because I started turning before I was fully out of the space.
The video didn’t impress me. If there was a car either side that would be more impressive, as a starter

Well, I just got an updated FW (I got one on April 2 and now on April 8). I’m running 2019.8.5 3aaa23d

It included NoA without confirmation and the autostop light notification if I’m about to run a red with autosteer activated. I can’t wait to try out the new NoA!!!. Unfortunately, it did NOT include Enhanced Summon.

I’m still waiting to hear of a HW2 car that has received Enhanced Summon. I know this thread is optimistic that HW2 will be included in the rollout, but I’m not so sure. Hope I’m wrong of course.

Well, I just got an updated FW (I got one on April 2 and now on April 8). I’m running 2019.8.5 3aaa23d

It included NoA without confirmation and the autostop light notification if I’m about to run a red with autosteer activated. I can’t wait to try out the new NoA!!!. Unfortunately, it did NOT include Enhanced Summon.

I’m still waiting to hear of a HW2 car that has received Enhanced Summon. I know this thread is optimistic that HW2 will be included in the rollout, but I’m not so sure. Hope I’m wrong of course.

I have 2019.12 and it also doesn't have Enhanced Summon.

• Informative
Reactions: Seattle Tom
Here's another video, this one seems to be from the same person who posted the other good one.

Edit: And Another!

Hmmm, 1 1/2 minutes for it to do its thing? I could have jumped in the car in about 15 seconds and already been out of the neighborhood by that time. Did that guy not have a remote controlled car when he was a kid, but finally just got this big one? :D

Hmmm, 1 1/2 minutes for it to do its thing? I could have jumped in the car in about 15 seconds and already been out of the neighborhood by that time. Did that guy not have a remote controlled car when he was a kid, but finally just got this big one? :D
Yep... That second one was painful to watch.
Though with some of the newer videos hovering around, it seems Tesla updated it to go much faster

It'll probably be around 3 or 4 mph at initial public release. It'll get a lot faster over time of course