Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon, where are you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would do nothing, og nudge 1 inch :) Since you are at the pickup spot inside the car. :)
That's not what I understood. (see video posted above)

You can tell the car "drive to my location" OR "drive to a point I choose on the map" (withing X meters)

I was referring to the latter option. However @Alset Srotom pointed out you can't let the summon drive on public roads, which answers my question.

Found this review on Reddit:

"Smart Summon is mindblowing
renderTimingPixel.png

Software/Hardware
I know I know, we’ve heard it a million times but seriously guys.

I just got back from testing out smart summon and it’s so insane to see your beautiful Tesla drive itself to you. Sure it’s not faster than 5MPH but honestly, that seems plenty fast when you’re not in the driver’s seat.

The added driving visualizations to the app are clever and smart, adding a sense of reassurance while your Tesla does its thing. It even tells you when it’s waiting for a pedestrian to finish crossing!

I think the cherry on top, though, is definitely the reactions you get. I had two people ask me as I was driving away if my car was driving itself and they were ecstatic when they heard me say yes. They told me how weird it was to see the car drive to me and then see me hop into the driver’s seat and drive off. I know from the two reactions alone, that it’ll be the highlight of their days and mine.

Dare I say, summon is more than a party trick now."
Smart Summon is mindblowing : teslamotors

Found this review on Reddit:

"Smart Summon is mindblowing
renderTimingPixel.png

Software/Hardware
I know I know, we’ve heard it a million times but seriously guys.

I just got back from testing out smart summon and it’s so insane to see your beautiful Tesla drive itself to you. Sure it’s not faster than 5MPH but honestly, that seems plenty fast when you’re not in the driver’s seat.

The added driving visualizations to the app are clever and smart, adding a sense of reassurance while your Tesla does its thing. It even tells you when it’s waiting for a pedestrian to finish crossing!

I think the cherry on top, though, is definitely the reactions you get. I had two people ask me as I was driving away if my car was driving itself and they were ecstatic when they heard me say yes. They told me how weird it was to see the car drive to me and then see me hop into the driver’s seat and drive off. I know from the two reactions alone, that it’ll be the highlight of their days and mine.

Dare I say, summon is more than a party trick now."
Smart Summon is mindblowing : teslamotors
Is smart summon same as what Tesla promised on 2016 AP2 hardware?

Is smart summon same as what Tesla promised on 2016 AP2 hardware?

Remind me what Tesla promised on 2016 AP2? Are you talking about the Summon that would meet you in front of your house or the cross country Summon? This Smart Summon is definitely better than the former. The latter is only possible when FSD is done and Tesla has other parts of FSD that still need to be done so this Smart Summon was never intended to be that yet.

Remind me what Tesla promised on 2016 AP2? Are you talking about the Summon that would meet you in front of your house or the cross country Summon? This Smart Summon is definitely better than the former. The latter is only possible when FSD is done and Tesla has other parts of FSD that still need to be done so this Smart Summon was never intended to be that yet.
I have attached the AP2 screenshot. Basically they promised a lot more than vertical summon on AP2. So "meet me in front of house" is available on AP1? I guess Tesla will keep the stance that FSD is still not complete and so we can't upgrade AP2 and they know most of those cars would have been out of service.

Attachments

• tesla-full-self-driving-option-712x720.jpg
    tesla-full-self-driving-option-712x720.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 77
I have attached the AP2 screenshot. Basically they promised a lot more than vertical summon on AP2. So "meet me in front of house" is available on AP1? I guess Tesla will keep the stance that FSD is still not complete and so we can't upgrade AP2 and they know most of those cars would have been out of service.

Tesla will still deliver all that. Smart Summon is just one piece. Tesla is not finished yet with FSD. And AP2 cars will get upgraded to AP3 so that you can get what Tesla promised.

I got V10 a couple hours ago and got a chance to try Smart Summon for myself. It might not be perfect but it is quite good. My car backed out of the spot, then stopped and shifted into drive and steered to come down the isle and then turned to come side ways to me in front of the store. It definitely turned heads in a good way. I had pedestrians turn their heads with looks of amazement. One guy came up to me and asked me questions about Tesla. He had never seen a Tesla up close and was impressed by the screen and said the car looked great. He was very impressed. I would not call Smart Summon a parlor trick since I think it is reliable enough that it could actually be useful in different situations.

OK, now that the world has been irreversibly changed....

Has anyone heard any hints of when Advanced summon will come to canada? Any expectations on if/how it will be handicapped? I NEED this lol, but I don't want some dumbed down baby version.

Sorry for the cross-post but I said I'd link it here as well. My first impressions on Enhanced Summon. Will be available in 4K when YT finishes processing it...

I wonder how it decides when it is going to ignore parking lines and when it is not? There appears to be little pattern to it.

On a related topic, I wonder what the over/under is on how long it will be before someone runs their car into a pole in a parking lot, while Smart Summon is in use?

I would also like someone to try this in an empty parking lot which has parking stops at the end of the spaces (not curbs). It does seem that they have invested considerable effort/priority to identify curbs - I wonder how robust it is for a lower curb which doesn’t quite clear the suspension/battery...