Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have VIN 19201 and delivery is normally scheduled for end December (France). But I begin to believe it would probably be January/February :/

Anybody knows if delivery have started for France ? Benjamin Brière told me that delivery begins by end August and we are begin of September ?

Interesting. I have a pretty early P reservation (#154) and I contact Tesla because I was worried about still not having a VIN. I have just been told that I will get delivery in early November, despite the lack of assigned VIN. We will see if that actually happens.
So that gives me some hope for delivery in 2013. At least I have a VIN but my P reservation number is a lot higher #1039.
Continue waiting without knowing...

The delivery has slipped a bit for everyone. An initial June-July has become mid to late August (sorry Tigerjeff, not in your case) and and an initial July-Aug has become mid to late September (which happened to me and many others). So if a Sep-Oct becomes November that is in line with expectations. But if deliveries later in the year slip by more than that, there must be a specific reason. I can think of three: #1 For the 750+ Dutch customers it is very important to have the car delivered before January 1st, in order to avoid taxation of € 20.000 over a period of five years (the tax rules change on January 1st). #2 Many more orders from the US than expected (and those order might also be a bit more profitable). #3 The start of Asian production in Q4.

It looks like demand for 40.000 cars in 2014 will be no problem. The bottleneck is getting rid of production constraints (sub-contractors, suppliers).

An initial June-July has become mid to late August (sorry Tigerjeff, not in your case)

LOL :tongue: Mine is planned now for September 24th for delivery in Paris !! Got a call from Tesla :biggrin:

Don't think you will actually be first.
EU Sig #1 was not the first to recieve his car. Many got their cars before him.

I agree with you for #1, as this is JUST the configuration order process.
For France, Tesla told me I'm number one ( since I validate the order in first on January, with delivery windows on June-July), but seems that they will also deliver cars on the same day for a dozen a people (Signatures + Roadsters owners)... so yes, I will be on the First day with other people ;-)

The delivery has slipped a bit for everyone. An initial June-July has become mid to late August (sorry Tigerjeff, not in your case) and and an initial July-Aug has become mid to late September (which happened to me and many others). So if a Sep-Oct becomes November that is in line with expectations. But if deliveries later in the year slip by more than that, there must be a specific reason.

I could perfectly live with a shift from Sep.-Oct. to Nov. but 2014 Jan. or Fab. would really hurt.

Interesting. I have a pretty early P reservation (#154) and I contact Tesla because I was worried about still not having a VIN. I have just been told that I will get delivery in early November, despite the lack of assigned VIN. We will see if that actually happens.

me too, i am number P375 and still no VIN and they also told me that i will get delivery early november....

It still frustrates me not having a VIN....

Congrats Johan :) I hope you enjoy it!
I really enjoy my Model S Signature P85+, received on Saturday the 31th august. #S453.
I did the opposite, upgraded to Signature. I love the signature red and the white leather (cream) is delicious ;)

After delaying my delivery a couple of weeks due to travel activity (ouch!), I picked up my car August 31st. The delivery was brief and fast, and off I went :) It's a dream! Have been giving neighbors and friends test rides every day since. Back home after the delivery, I realized that the car did fit in my tiny garage after all: :biggrin:
AZJ8rOm.jpg