Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, that's always the case. Tesla holds back lots of CPO and Inventory cars that they never list on their website. I always recommend to people using the site to find cars they are interested in, but also use a sales advisor who has access to these unlisted/internally listed cars.

Also right now (and for the last several weeks) there have been nearly zero new/inventory cars listed on the Tesla website... if they have any demo/loaner/new inventory to sell, they are not listing them online and are only available through a sales advisor.

Good luck!

Hank, is it possible Tesla has changed to a more "we will tell you what inventory we have when you come into the stores" model. By keeping them closer to the vest, it may look different to the finance community. December visibility of inventory seemed to wane and now showing none for USA but interestingly, still showing inventory for some Euro-countries, as you know. Maybe the various crawlers who were collecting up inventory made Tesla hide these details for the US market. By not listing the inventory online, also, "showroom discount" issues are kept closer.

Definitely something along those lines, for sure.

Seems strange though they totally revamped their website for better filtering and sorting (finally!) to only use it for CPOs and not list inventory cars, so I think it's a short-term issue.

I suspect it may have something to do with the end of the referral program today (free supercharging) and a new phase starting tomorrow (or soon) with different referral benefits for the buyers (maybe things like free annual service visits, discounts on the ESA, Solar, or Powerwall, etc).

I also suspect that one possibility is that since there's been essentially no new inventory added in two months, that yes, there is some sort of MS/MX make-over in the works. Be it the new battery chemistry, interior updates, upgraded MCU, etc they don't want to be left holding onto tons of old-new stock inventory they would only be able to sell at a deep discount after such an announcement. By running the sitting inventory down to zero, and slowing down production, they minimize the impact to new buyers (i.e. buying the last non-AP car the day AP was announced, etc), as well as minimizing the impact to their bottom line.

There, I said it.

So once either the new referral program is in place with new benefits for buyers, or they announce major changes to the MS/MX lines (or both!), then we'll see the listed inventory cars return.

Reactions: mongo
Definitely something along those lines, for sure.

Seems strange though they totally revamped their website for better filtering and sorting (finally!) to only use it for CPOs and not list inventory cars, so I think it's a short-term issue.

I suspect it may have something to do with the end of the referral program today (free supercharging) and a new phase starting tomorrow (or soon) with different referral benefits for the buyers (maybe things like free annual service visits, discounts on the ESA, Solar, or Powerwall, etc).

I also suspect that one possibility is that since there's been essentially no new inventory added in two months, that yes, there is some sort of MS/MX make-over in the works. Be it the new battery chemistry, interior updates, upgraded MCU, etc they don't want to be left holding onto tons of old-new stock inventory they would only be able to sell at a deep discount after such an announcement. By running the sitting inventory down to zero, and slowing down production, they minimize the impact to new buyers (i.e. buying the last non-AP car the day AP was announced, etc), as well as minimizing the impact to their bottom line.

There, I said it.

So once either the new referral program is in place with new benefits for buyers, or they announce major changes to the MS/MX lines (or both!), then we'll see the listed inventory cars return.
They did mention in the last earnings call they were overstocked with inventory and were running it down during the forthcoming quarter. That shows as there has been little inventory available recently. Could be the beginning of prep for a refresh.