Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Tax Credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To get this back on topic, I am a California, pre-reveal, online reservationist and I just got my invitation to configure. Believe me, no collusion, no collusion, absolutely no collusion. I feel badly for Elon Musk. I feel very badly. He’s led a very strong life and I feel very badly. Musk lied and they destroyed his life. I think it’s a shame.

(I'm giving myself a "disagree" :p)

It's kind of hard to mesh the idea of a hardcore libertarian Ayn Rand fan and someone who advocates for a universal basic income. But no matter, his politics weren't my main concern, it was the idea that 80% of Tesla owners support someone only 33% of the country does. Even if they skew one way or the other politically, it's not that skewed.
The universal income thing is just an apolitical solution to an impending problem. Sure it can be politicized today in a world where a lot of people still think smart robots are fictional things of Star Wars, but once the machines become a reality and start displacing everyone from janitors and caregivers to lawyers and surgeons, what choice will we be left with? Libertarian leanings aside, Elon is just ahead of the curve on accepting the reality of universal income.

To get this back on topic, I am a California, pre-reveal, online reservationist and I just got my invitation to configure. Believe me, no collusion, no collusion, absolutely no collusion. I feel badly for Elon Musk. I feel very badly. He’s led a very strong life and I feel very badly. Musk lied and they destroyed his life. I think it’s a shame.

(I'm giving myself a "disagree" :p)
Are you a current owner? I am a Washington, non-owner, pre-reveal line waiter who reserved in-store at around 11:15AM, and still no email...

The universal income thing is just an apolitical solution to an impending problem. Sure it can be politicized today in a world where a lot of people still think smart robots are fictional things of Star Wars, but once the machines become a reality and start displacing everyone from janitors and caregivers to lawyers and surgeons, what choice will we be left with? Libertarian leanings aside, Elon is just ahead of the curve on accepting the reality of universal income.
Ha! Apolitical. That's hilarious. The argument for this is pretty much the heart of fiscally progressive policy. I'm not trying to convince anyone of where they should stand politically, but this is a fundamental point of contention that would separate the fiscal policy of left and right.

Reactions: X Fan and pdxrob
Seriously (about invitation, not Musk comment)?!? Was your e-mail dated today (12/05/17)? I presume you're a current owner, correct? In any case, congrats!
Are you a current owner? I am a Washington, non-owner, pre-reveal line waiter who reserved in-store at around 11:15AM, and still no email...
Oh dear, I am the attorney for @T34ME , I wrote that post. I was talking about Mrs.T34ME gave him an invitation to configure the Christmas decorations around the house. As a reservationist, @T34ME cannot be prosecuted for obstruction to configure. :D

It's kind of hard to mesh the idea of a hardcore libertarian Ayn Rand fan and someone who advocates for a universal basic income. But no matter, his politics weren't my main concern, it was the idea that 80% of Tesla owners support someone only 33% of the country does. Even if they skew one way or the other politically, it's not that skewed.
I don't even want to know where you pulled that number from....

HA! Gimme some of that "universal income!" I've spent all my income on booze (Scotch), women (I've only been married once and it takes a lot of money to keep her happy), and movies (Debbie Does Tesla) thank you Sen.Chuck Grassley - net worth = 3.75M Robots will never replace failed wannabe comedians. :D