Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Such a good location. Will be great when working well. Maybe an Uber driver can swing past and check
Still only one charger at Sutton Forest.
432CF3AD-AE7B-4920-8E29-F3C7F88D974F.jpeg

Yeah it was working for a few days then went offline again - they're not having much luck with that one.

Those are the PK350 units from Tritium?

I wonder what the problem is. The PK350s at Karuah (Chargefox) and Taree (Evie) seem to have had very high reliability based on Plugshare score. They’ve always worked when I’ve used them, even though the screens were busted on both for many months.

In the Gizmodo interview with Chris Mills, it reported that Evie had installed only 77 EV chargers of its “350 charging station inventory” which “were all purchased when Evie was awarded a grant from the Future Fuels Fund back in 2020”.

Evie charging stations at HomeCo Belrose (formerly Belrose SuperCentre) at 4/6 Niangala Close, Belrose NSW are almost ready to go. Photo taken yesterday. Located on the lower level not far from the car park entrance.
That's an interesting location. I can't find any info on a key tenant (like a supermarket) that opens later hours than all the specialty shops. That means the car park would be locked after 5:30pm!! (8pm Thursdays). Are its car park hours significantly longer than the centre hours?

That's an interesting location. I can't find any info on a key tenant (like a supermarket) that opens later hours than all the specialty shops. That means the car park would be locked after 5:30pm!! (8pm Thursdays). Are its car park hours significantly longer than the centre hours?

Car Park Opening Hours​

Monday: 7am to 6pm
Tuesday: 7am to 6pm
Wednesday: 7am to 6pm
Thursday: 7am – 9pm
Friday: 7am to 6pm
Saturday: 7am to 6pm
Sunday: 8am to 7pm

That's absolutely useless! Chargers must be available 24/7 to be of use. Considering that someone might plug in for a 45m charge then have to exit the park before it's locked.......
I suppose, when in a Tesla at least one can watch night-time TV🥸

That's absolutely useless! Chargers must be available 24/7 to be of use. Considering that someone might plug in for a 45m charge then have to exit the park before it's locked.......
I suppose, when in a Tesla at least one can watch night-time TV🥸
I’m in two minds. The Future Fuels Fund chargers are meant to be co-located at shopping centres to facilitate business at those centres and provide opportunity charging. Which means the centre ought to be open.

But only if there are separate sites nearby accessible for general after-hours usage!! And that doesn’t include AC charging or those silly 25kW Jolt chargers! I’m thinking AmpCharge’s 70kW units, or the like.

But yeah, hopefully there will be an after-hours code.

EDIT: I confirmed with the call centre at HomeCo. The chargers will only be available while the centre is open.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: moa999