Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a permanent improvement to the property, though. At 5% p.a. interest that's only $5/week, so if it can save you $5/week in charging costs it's a rational purchase.

At 300km/week that's about 10c/kWh it needs to save you for it to add up - less as you drive further.

And that's ignoring the utility of not having to visit charging stations. That time is worth something I'd say.
Or make money renting out your charger for the rest of the week when your not using it.
Might be a little tricky in this situation as you cannot guarantee the space is free and chargehound uses a booking system.

Lawson is active!

Attachments

• 07C2712E-C5AF-45E2-8442-455453A927E2.png
    07C2712E-C5AF-45E2-8442-455453A927E2.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 74
Another new Evie site spotted in Leichhardt, inner West Sydney, near complete. Seemingly found by Kris G

Last edited:
Another new Evie site spotted in Leichhardt, inner West Sydney, near complete. Seemingly found by Kris G

Wow… I occasionally go there (was there only a month ago) and never saw any sign of works. Marketplace has a huge solar canopy over its rooftop car park too. This will be handy for the growing number of people with EVs in the Inner West but no offstreet parking.

Reactions: moa999
And Edenhope, Vic on the inland route to SA.

Evie is on a roll
Is Edenhope really on any of the major routes to SA? Don't get me wrong, I am definitely excited about this site and think that every town needs a DC charger, but unless you are driving from Horsham to Robe you are not going through there.

Definitely cool though since it opens up an area with no DC chargers right now.

Is Edenhope really on any of the major routes to SA?
Not really. That's why I said inland route. Plenty more direct chargers under DCAV however.

Evie Leichhardt also open

Reactions: cafz and Vostok
Not really. That's why I said inland route. Plenty more direct chargers under DCAV however.
That just made it more confusing though. The coastal route is the Great Ocean Road, and the "inland route" would normally be the A8, or maybe the A79/A20.

I am now inspired to string something together since I have not been to Edenhope before. There is a back route from Ballarat (which has a Supercharger) to Edenhope which is 277km. From there I could drive down to Mt Gambier Supercharrger and then back via the Great Ocean Road. Just over 1000km round trip from my house depending on whether I go all the way down to Cape Otway.

Interesting, BP could be relying on Evie to comply with ARENA funding requirements for 100% renewable energy as I haven't seen any reporting that the Pulse network will use 100% renewable energy. Someone should dig into this.

Sources Renewable Energy or Green Certificates to cover the energy usage for ZEVs or uses sustainable biofuels or renewable hydrogen; and

Also spotted in Wollongong today (along with the Tesla supercharger construction)

Is what appears to be another Evie Arena site...
Still under wraps so it might be someone else.

Centre seems to be owned/managed by
Haben.com.au

Reactions: PC__LoadLetter