Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Photos of Schofields added to Plugshare by Syd_EV

Quite prominent Coles branding, so I'd expect a few more of these Coles sites, which possibly means it's Engie working with Woolworths.

Also appears Hungry Jack's Cabramatta now has both stations working.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
A big list of sites Evie is going to be opening after receiving Vic govt funding (from here: Destination Charging Across Victoria Program):

Fast Cities Australia
(Evie Networks)
Evie Networks DC Fast Charging Across VictoriaCharger size: 50 kW
No. of chargers: 55
No. of sites: 55
Region: Hume
Grant funding: $2,972,972.97
Estimated project completion: 30 June 2023
Locations: Wodonga, Wallan, Traralgon, Shepparton, Morwell, Torquay, Warragul, Belgrave, Wangaratta, Kyneton, Mildura, Heathcote, Benalla, Warburton, Colac, San Remo, Yarrawonga, Barwon Heads, Healesville, Red Hill South, Portland, Cowes, Ararat, Port Fairy, Stawell, Camperdown, Maffra, Paynesville, Loch, Mirboo North, Lancefield, Meeniyan, Beechworth, Bruthen, Casterton, Lakes Entrance, Orbost, Dunkeld, Corryong, Edenhope, Warracknabeal, Dartmoor, Cann River, Hamilton, Kaniva, Macedon, St Arnaud, Alexandra, Mansfield, Bright, Bairnsdale, Bendigo, Echuca, Beaufort & Nagambie

A big list of sites Evie is going to be opening after receiving Vic govt funding (from here: Destination Charging Across Victoria Program):

Fast Cities Australia
(Evie Networks)
Evie Networks DC Fast Charging Across VictoriaCharger size: 50 kW
No. of chargers: 55
No. of sites: 55
Region: Hume
Grant funding: $2,972,972.97
Estimated project completion: 30 June 2023
Locations: Wodonga, Wallan, Traralgon, Shepparton, Morwell, Torquay, Warragul, Belgrave, Wangaratta, Kyneton, Mildura, Heathcote, Benalla, Warburton, Colac, San Remo, Yarrawonga, Barwon Heads, Healesville, Red Hill South, Portland, Cowes, Ararat, Port Fairy, Stawell, Camperdown, Maffra, Paynesville, Loch, Mirboo North, Lancefield, Meeniyan, Beechworth, Bruthen, Casterton, Lakes Entrance, Orbost, Dunkeld, Corryong, Edenhope, Warracknabeal, Dartmoor, Cann River, Hamilton, Kaniva, Macedon, St Arnaud, Alexandra, Mansfield, Bright, Bairnsdale, Bendigo, Echuca, Beaufort & Nagambie
Reading this I assume all of those regional towns are getting chargers.

Does anyone else get that assumption ?

Reactions: Chuq
Hope there are two stalls at minimum at the popular sites (or the chargers are twin cable RTM75's)

That was basically my whinge in a roundabout way. The lack of foresight in installing one 50kw charger in 55 towns. Even if they are twin cable, what are the chances the second will be CHAdeMO, so same issue may still remain for majority of EV drivers. 75kw chargers would at least reduce the wait time to an hour at most (for my P-).

And regular users would know the lack of reliability of the current Tritium 50kw chargers. How often will the one charger in these towns be out of action?

I’m still waiting on the promised charger at the new Bacchus Marsh petrol station/ hungry jacks. That growth corridor / shire is the fastest growing for young families and would be good to have a charger there for folks (the shire has none at current).
Ahh.. "the Bacchus Marsh charger", a.k.a. the myth that won't go away!

The development application to the council included about a third of the entire area labelled as "future expansion". Within this area was a square marked "future electric vehicle charging station". The docs submitted had a statement that the developer was to arrange the installation of the station within 7 years of the permit being granted. With a couple of exit clauses: "unless insufficient power capacity exists" and "unless there isn't a licensed operator willing to operate it".

In other words, nothing is happening, but this one gets mentioned everywhere, and for some reason is often referred to as an Evie site (for no apparent reason, that I can find).

I mean, perhaps Evie will install it and perhaps it will be next year! Maybe they'll install some AC chargers, maybe it will be a Tesla supercharger. And maybe there will never be anything here. Any of these is just as likely at the moment.

In other words, nothing is happening, but this one gets mentioned everywhere, and for some reason is often referred to as an Evie site (for no apparent reason, that I can find).
I think that all stemmed from it being a Caltex site in the development application.
Evie was working with Caltex on a couple of sites at the same time so people assumed it must be them.

I think that all stemmed from it being a Caltex site in the development application.
Evie was working with Caltex on a couple of sites at the same time so people assumed it must be them.

So I was doing some digging on this one & after speaking to the council the permit was approved in 2019 for the whole facility (including EV charging).

The planning permits the council directed me to can be found below for reference;

I think folks starting talking about this after word started circulating when this story from the local paper was published in March:

The link to Erie can be probably linked back to Hungry Jacks partership announcement with Evie that was announced the Hungry Jacks CEO and reported in the Australian Financial Review in November.

Was planning to call the developers directly and enquire into when this construction of the chargers will begin but have run of time this afternoon.

Edit: Typo corrections

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Vostok
Ahh, that could be it.. in either case, Caltex is now Ampol and they are doing their own thing.

Sadly there was nothing on the ARENA Melbourne map past Derrimut/Taylors Lakes. Bacchus Marsh wasn't even in the eligibility zone unfortunately :(

I think folks starting talking about this after word started circulating when this story from the local paper was published in March:

The link to Erie can be probably linked back to Hungry Jacks partership announcement with Evie that was announced the Hungry Jacks CEO and reported in the Australian Financial Review in November.
It was that local news story that I remember it from. Way before the HJ announcement (which was only last month).

Unfortunately Evie's original 350 kW network only had a tentative location as far as Rockbank, so it's not that either.

It seems Evie is now partnering more with the Gov grants and where the Gov wants the chargers put.. I 100% agree we need one in Bacchus and Melton/Deer Park pretty soon.. Given all we have in the CBD is Tesla In Richmond with 4 bays which is always full.. We country folk need more city options

Reactions: AussieOwner
It seems Evie is now partnering more with the Gov grants and where the Gov wants the chargers put.. I 100% agree we need one in Bacchus and Melton/Deer Park pretty soon.. Given all we have in the CBD is Tesla In Richmond with 4 bays which is always full.. We country folk need more city options
Not sure - they've received a few grants (as have other companies) but have also had a few sites pop up in random locations.

The CTR network was organised by the councils and I would guess that all the locations were locked in by the councils, so they were able to be installed quickly, whereas with the 350 kW ones Evie has to negotiate the sites themselves.

I'm also guessing the funding for their original ARENA grant is based on the sites actually being completed so I wouldn't expect them to have completely forgotten about them!