Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My one remaining irritation is that it still shows the number of plugs available as being the number of physical plugs at a site. Since most stalls can charge only one car at a time, it should show how many cars could be charged.

A 2-stall site, each with one CHAdeMO and one CCS2 plug and can charge only one car at a time, does not really have 4 plugs available but only 2. It should show 0/2 in use, or 1/2 or 2/2. Not 0/4, 1/4 etc.

I've just applied a filter to only show CCS2 and it work as you suggest:

IMG_4088.jpeg

Site shown with "2" is a 2x 350 kW site with all plugs free.

Site shown with "1" is a 2x 50 kW site with one stall in use.

Both accurately show the number of CCS2 connectors available. If I take the filter off they show 4 and 2 respectively.

Come on, you can’t tease us like this… what’s the gist? 🤣

View attachment 959321
I forget. I think it was a post from a council about an Evie charger getting ready to be connected to the grid. It looks like they got fed up with the absurd comments from the luddites and deleted the post.

Edit: from Google cache.
1690248305616.png

Unfortunately, I am unable to retrieve the comments from the simple folks in Towong Shire. 😂

Last edited:
I forget. I think it was a post from a council about an Evie charger getting ready to be connected to the grid. It looks like they got fed up with the absurd comments from the luddites and deleted the post.
For the record it was this council - Towong Shire Council - I thought they may have deleted and reposted but doesn't appear to be anything EV related on there.

Reactions: SPadival
I've just applied a filter to only show CCS2 and it work as you suggest:

View attachment 959091

Site shown with "2" is a 2x 350 kW site with all plugs free.

Site shown with "1" is a 2x 50 kW site with one stall in use.

Both accurately show the number of CCS2 connectors available. If I take the filter off they show 4 and 2 respectively.
After reading this I decided to upgrade to the “Evie Networks (New)“ app.
I strongly recommend you do this well in advance of your likely use of the app as it took me nearly half an hour to get the app to work. It hangs on the parts where you add a credit card and your vehicle. I had to restart the app and try again a couple of times. I recommend skipping those steps and then accessing them from the profile. Would hate to be doing this standing outside in the cold at night next to an Evie charger with a dodgy 4G connection.
P.S. Model S ‘Standard’ year list only goes back to 2015 so my 2014 got a bit of an upgrade. 😎

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
After reading this I decided to upgrade to the “Evie Networks (New)“ app.
I strongly recommend you do this well in advance of your likely use of the app as it took me nearly half an hour to get the app to work. It hangs on the parts where you add a credit card and your vehicle. I had to restart the app and try again a couple of times. I recommend skipping those steps and then accessing them from the profile. Would hate to be doing this standing outside in the cold at night next to an Evie charger with a dodgy 4G connection.
P.S. Model S ‘Standard’ year list only goes back to 2015 so my 2014 got a bit of an upgrade. 😎
Oh wow, that's disappointing. I had the old one installed and the new one was a seamless upgrade - it brought all my details across. I'm using Android. YMMV indeed!

Oh wow, that's disappointing. I had the old one installed and the new one was a seamless upgrade - it brought all my details across. I'm using Android. YMMV indeed!

Same, and I’m on iPhone. When I first tried to log in to the new App it sent me an email verification link, which when I clicked on that, the setup process in the new App was completed and all my details were brought across, including my RFID card. I then deleted the old App.

• Love
Reactions: mukaibot
I discovered the same issues (hurdles) in getting the new Evie app to work on my iPhone.

I went around and around in circles with the activation email trying to activate the account using Outlook on the PC (Invalid Dynamic Link issue). I wasn't able to receive the activation email on my iPhone as I didn't have my personal email setup on my company iPhone. Eventually I gave up and installed my personal email account on my company iPhone just so I could activate the app. Once done, I had to remove my email account from the phone. Very annoying.

It would be interesting to know if the requirement to use an email account on the mobile device and not allow activation via an email client (eg outlook on a PC) is coming from Evie or Google Firebase.

On another note - I have a M3 RWD and this is what I have selected in the app. Evie has an interesting definition of RWD. Evie say I have a "Model 3 Real-Wheel Drive". Just as well it's not a fake wheel drive. :)

I signed in to the new app using Apple ID. I used the same email address (I.e. my Apple ID) to sign up in the old app, which doesn’t have Apple sign in option. My profile with the payment details appeared seamlessly on the new app. It even has my past charging session details

Last edited:
Just been for a drive up to Rockhampton QLD and back. This route while covered by the ChargeFox 50kW charge points, are notoriously plagued by failure points and congestion. We arrived in Miriam Vale to find 3 RED Tesla's already there. We would have been the 4th red one. (What are the chances of 4 red Tesla's together)? BTW none were checked in on plugshare.

We pushed on North stopping for a feed then arrived at Mt Larcom QLD to find one of the other red Tesla's had had the same idea as us. He shot through after 15 minutes (thank you) and we could add an hour's worth of juice.

My Question to Evie is, when are you going to add a few sites (120kw or better) up the highway in QLD?

My Question to Evie is, when are you going to add a few sites (120kw or better) up the highway in QLD?
You could ask them on the app formerly known as Twitter. They reply there.

But they already have 350kW chargers active at Townsville and Proserpine. They actually stated publicly that they pay more than 65c/kWh to buy energy to run the Proserpine site, so it's a loss-maker. I have to imagine other regional QLD sites will be the same.

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok