Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the Evie 50kW chargers at Belrose (Sydney Northern Beaches) the chargers seem to have been retrofitted with direct credit card payment terminals. I haven’t tried using it - I have an Evie RFID card - but that would seem a helpful enhancement, especially for those sites with poor mobile service for people who don’t have an RFID card.

IMG_1948.jpeg

At the Evie 50kW chargers at Belrose (Sydney Northern Beaches) the chargers seem to have been retrofitted with direct credit card payment terminals. I haven’t tried using it - I have an Evie RFID card - but that would seem a helpful enhancement, especially for those sites with poor mobile service for people who don’t have an RFID card.

View attachment 995539
Looks like it's mentioned in the Evie app as a trial site for tap & go payments

Attachments

• IMG_1792.png
    IMG_1792.png
    499.5 KB · Views: 28
I don't know how long this site has been open but just noticed it in the Evie app. Says Edmondson Park but location is Campbelltown NSW. Not far from the superchargers. I'll take a drive down there when I can to confirm.
Haha I noticed the same thing while scrolling through PlugShare - I reported it to Evie and said it must be misnamed.

It must be 'new' as it doesn't have live data on PlugShare.

Haha I noticed the same thing while scrolling through PlugShare - I reported it to Evie and said it must be misnamed.

It must be 'new' as it doesn't have live data on PlugShare.
Drove down there and confirm its at Marketfair next to Hungry Jacks. Tested it out and worked fine on my MG4 using my RFID card.

Attachments

• PXL_20231209_070559530.jpg
    PXL_20231209_070559530.jpg
    956.9 KB · Views: 22

10/19/2022

ORDINARY MEETING

"11.3.2 PROPOSED LICENCE AGREEMENT - PART OF LOT 701 IN
DP1231391 (CROWN RESERVE 190063) - ELIZABETH STREET CAR
PARK, BATHURST
RESOLVED:

That Council:
(a) Approves entering into a licence agreement with Fast Cities Australia Pty Ltd for
occupation of part of Crown reserve 190063 located at Lot 701 in DP1231391
for a term of ten (10) years plus a ten (10) year option, and
(b) Approves submitting the licence agreement to the Department of Planning &
Environment – Crown Lands for landowner's consent, as detailed in the Director
Engineering Services’ report."

Seems Bathurst is getting some Evie chargers.

Seems the greater Bathurst city will have 5 fast charging sites when announced sites are complete.

The two existing co-located sites at the visitor information center, 6 stall open access Tesla supercharger and single stall NRMA; the 4 stall BP Pulse site with approved drive NSW funding; the 4 stall NRMA holiday park site also with drive NSW funding; and this presumably, I don't think there is any ARENA funding, unknown number of stall site in the council car park behind the McDonald's and close by to the other usual fast food joints.
Screenshot_20231212-002520.png

From plugshare.
Now under construction.

Went and tested out the Edmondson Park Campbelltown site this morning in the Dolphin.
It's a good location for amenities, but the car park itself is a nightmare and gets quite busy during the day.
The amount of psychos (all in utes) at 5:30am that take a shortcut through there to avoid a set of lights to get to Menangle Rd was crazy.

Attachments

• IMG_8786.jpeg
    IMG_8786.jpeg
    440 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I am trying the tap-to-pay direct card payment they have the initial installation at Evie Belrose now. Costs $0.55/kWh vs $0.50/kWh normally. I used my Apple Watch to pay, authorised and started charging really quickly. It doesn’t work with Amex at all and says it only works with debit (rather than credit) Visa and Mastercard which seems unnecessarily restrictive to me; even if the fee on credit cards and Amex might be higher they have an additional 10% in their selling price to cover it. When you start charging it takes $50 from your card at the start of the session, which I guess will get cancelled and the actual amount for the session charged some time later. If it takes a few days, you use Evie tap-to-pay several times in a short time (eg on a road trip) and you only have a small amount in your debit card balance this could be an issue…

Anyway it seems to work and will be great when they roll it out at those places that don’t have mobile coverage for the app (for those people who don’t have an Evie RFID card). Thought it was worth “taking one for the team” and giving it a try.

FYI as a follow-up to the above, the $50 pre-authorisation for the Evie tap-and-go charging session got changed to the actual cost (about $10) just now, so it stayed as $50 for a bit over 24 hours. I filled in their survey on the tap-and-go. Here is what I put in the free-form comments box at the bottom:

Worked well. Amex should be supported - actually ANY card that people (overseas tourists, etc) might carry should be supported, either eat any additional transaction costs or increase the tap-and-go surcharge so it covers your overhead no matter what card is presented. Should have a QR code to scan to provide a (mobile-friendly) website so people can monitor the session from their phone away from the car. Doesn't have to be a specific QR code per session, just one that mirrors what the charger screen shows during a session (ie fixed QR code per charger, not dynamic per session). If I use tap-and-go more than once in a short period, do I get a $50 pre-charge for EACH of those sessions until they turn into the actual charge ~24 hours later, or only ONE pre-charge at a time? For someone on a road trip with a debit card N*$50 pre-charge for N sessions could blow out their debit card.

For someone on a road trip with a debit card N*$50 pre-charge for N sessions could blow out their debit card.
I've been pointing this out for as long as people have been asking about tap payments for charging. I don't believe there's a way around it - it's not like the payment terminals on chargers at different sites can communicate and share the preauth.

As well as adding costs..

It's notable all the recent pay at pump that some of the fuel chains have introduced have generally been a dedicated app as well, not a payment terminals on each pump.
(Albeit petrol stations real business is getting you inside their high margin shop)

Were you able to get a receipt/ tax invoice?
No, I don’t see any way to do that at all, and I would doubt the detail in the (eventual) actual transaction against my card is enough to substantiate what the payment was for for tax, etc reasons. I mean it is from “Fast Cities Australia” (which is what all the Evie charges show as) and only shows the location as Sydney. There isn’t any way to “claim“ the session into my Evie account afterwards either (eg by providing the card number used and the date or something like that)

i think anyone who needs to claim/reimburse for a charging session should be using the app or RFID card (ie have an Evie account) and get the invoice out of that. Really you’d only pay the 10% extra to NOT use an account if you are a “casual” user who is hardly ever going to use Evie (so the amounts wouldn’t add up to enough to bother claiming for) or you are from overseas and can’t access the Australian app store to download/install the Evie app.

if they DID do a per-session QR code they could provide a downloadable invoice off that - but then they would have actually had to finalise the payment during the time you would still have the browser open for that session, not as it seems now 24 hours afterwards…