Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVmote App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you elaborate? What kind of file would you like to download?

- - - Updated - - -

It's on the list :)

I would like something with the trip start and end time stamp how many kwh were used along miles traveled. The current download looks like gps position info, I am sure its useful but if you just want to say quickly calculate the number of times you drove 10 miles or more in the last week its a pain.

I would like something with the trip start and end time stamp how many kwh were used along miles traveled. The current download looks like gps position info, I am sure its useful but if you just want to say quickly calculate the number of times you drove 10 miles or more in the last week its a pain.

Oh, gotcha. Thanks for the idea!

I just want to interject a note of caution around expecting to accurately determine the kwh used on a trip from the data available from the Tesla API, which will constrain what can be achieved by EVmote. Specifically, the streaming interface only provides data once every three seconds and the data provide is the instantaneous reading of each variable. That is fine for many of the variables but a problem for power (and to a lesser extent speed). To be able to compute the power used over a trip you need the average power over the last three seconds, not an instantaneous reading every 3 seconds. Using the values from the API will not accurately match the values recorded by the trip meter in the car, for example. I learned this the hard way while analyzing some data collected, in my case, using VisibleTesla.

First of all cryptyk, thanks for this great platform. I've just got my Model S and am trying out the free account.

I noticed a bug today with the trip history. Not sure if its new or already reported.

I've done two trips today. The first seems to have registered fine, but the second has obvious errors on the map also some of the statistics:

1) The map shows me driving from Brisbane Australia (correct starting point) to somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean between Mexico and Africa.
2) The trip distance seems roughly accurate although I haven't double checked it against the car.
3) The trip time seems a little out.
4) The average speed seems too low (perhaps a failed conversion from mph to kph?)
5) The energy usage seems about right
6) The top speed seems to alternative between 257kph and 0kph

I've done two trips today. The first seems to have registered fine, but the second has obvious errors on the map also some of the statistics:

1) The map shows me driving from Brisbane Australia (correct starting point) to somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean between Mexico and Africa.
<SNIP>

Your energy usage will depend on the prevailing currents. :)

First of all cryptyk, thanks for this great platform. I've just got my Model S and am trying out the free account.

I noticed a bug today with the trip history. Not sure if its new or already reported.

2) The trip distance seems roughly accurate although I haven't double checked it against the car.
3) The trip time seems a little out.
4) The average speed seems too low (perhaps a failed conversion from mph to kph?)
6) The top speed seems to alternative between 257kph and 0kph

I don't guarantee accuracy in submarine mode.

I'm guessing your Tesla GPS just freaked out on that trip. I pick it up directly from the car. Perhaps there was interference from a tumbling satellite in orbit.

I'll take a look at the kph conversion on the average speed stat. Can you explain a bit more about the top speed piece? Were you watching the trip live and it was bouncing back and forth in the live stats?

Thanks,
Ryan

I was busy this past week, but not this busy! :)

Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 8.22.30 AM.png

I don't have "Pro" so I can't see back to Wednesday to see what happened, but it would be fun to see the map.

Hey Ryan, love the app since I heard about it from another owner when I was at the SC in Toronto. Just wondering because I'd like to upgrade to pro when I get a better parking spot (higher up so I can get 3G signal to the car). How far back do you keep the driving history? Hoping that it's kept since I activated evmote because there are some sweet trips that I'd like to access but I'll sign up for pro now so as to not permanently lose them if you purge the records after X days.

Thanks!

Hey Ryan, love the app since I heard about it from another owner when I was at the SC in Toronto. Just wondering because I'd like to upgrade to pro when I get a better parking spot (higher up so I can get 3G signal to the car). How far back do you keep the driving history? Hoping that it's kept since I activated evmote because there are some sweet trips that I'd like to access but I'll sign up for pro now so as to not permanently lose them if you purge the records after X days.

Thanks!

For now, I keep it indefinitely. When you upgrade, you'll have access to all of the trips you took while you were freeloading ;)

So, there is one feature that forces me to keep using VisibleTesla instead of paying for your app. Notification when unlocked.

Between the kids and my reliance on auto lock, my cars sometimes stays open all night because a door was not closed. I use Visibletesla to alert me when the car is unlocked for > 25 minutes, and it works pretty well.

But I need to keep running the app. It currently runs on my computer, but I have a raspberry I can dedicate to this.

I would love to not do this, and instead rely on your web app for this.

Is this something you can implement ? With IFFT I can do a to as long as I get a notification of some sort.

thanks !

So, there is one feature that forces me to keep using VisibleTesla instead of paying for your app. Notification when unlocked.

Between the kids and my reliance on auto lock, my cars sometimes stays open all night because a door was not closed. I use Visibletesla to alert me when the car is unlocked for > 25 minutes, and it works pretty well.

But I need to keep running the app. It currently runs on my computer, but I have a raspberry I can dedicate to this.

I would love to not do this, and instead rely on your web app for this.

Is this something you can implement ? With IFFT I can do a to as long as I get a notification of some sort.

thanks !

Good idea. I just added this to the list. Right now I'm working on a re-write that was prompted by the need for a new map page. It kind of spiraled into a bigger project than I anticipated :)

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi,

I recently upgraded to a Pro account and had a question about IFTT and the tokens listed on the automation page. Are those the actual tokens that get used in the API call to Tesla?

Reason I ask is that I was wondering if I would be able to use that token in my own my call to the API using curl. I was playing around with it and it doesn't seem to work. I'm looking to set a custom charge limit.

Thanks,
Andy

Hi,

I recently upgraded to a Pro account and had a question about IFTT and the tokens listed on the automation page. Are those the actual tokens that get used in the API call to Tesla?

Reason I ask is that I was wondering if I would be able to use that token in my own my call to the API using curl. I was playing around with it and it doesn't seem to work. I'm looking to set a custom charge limit.

Thanks,
Andy

They're different tokens. I keep them separate for security reasons.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan,

I love the app, I've been following your dev since you posted it on Reddit. One thing that I've seen people ask a lot about is having to share their MyTesla creds, would it make sense to give the option to either enter your creds or if enter the API token if you have it? this way users can feel a little safer by not having to give out their creds.