Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVmote App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had problems with the IFTTT integration as follows -- for the turning of the climate control on and off via ifttt (which allows me to control climate from my amazon echo through a trigger voice command and through automated use of a daily alarm function), the IFTTT protocol can turn OFF my climate control in the tesla (i.e., if it was previously on) but when i go to turn ON the climate control with evmote's ifttt integration, it does not turn the climate control on. Any ideas?

Turning on via an IFTTT Do button works for me almost 100% of the time (I had one failure, I assume there was a network communication issue between IFTTT & EVMote). That's the only command I use regularly.

I would suggest double checking or recreating the IFTTT Maker side. (e.g.: make sure the text is on for turning on the climate.)

What is the eta on multiple vehicles? The first car on myTesla account is my old Model S, which Tesla has been unable to remove from my account after multiple requests. And I even did a "hard-reset" from the touch screen when I sold the car. No way to contact the new owner either. Well now that I think about it I can see where he parks tonight and try to get a phone number for that address...

What is the eta on multiple vehicles? The first car on myTesla account is my old Model S, which Tesla has been unable to remove from my account after multiple requests. And I even did a "hard-reset" from the touch screen when I sold the car. No way to contact the new owner either. Well now that I think about it I can see where he parks tonight and try to get a phone number for that address...

It's probably at least 4 weeks away. It's a problem for a really small number of people, and I tend not to feel bad for folks who have multiple tesla :)

If it was a really easy fix, or if I could change it manually for you, I would. It's kind of involved, so it's going to take a while and I need to prioritize it against all of the other bugs.

Thanks,
Ryan

It's probably at least 4 weeks away. It's a problem for a really small number of people, and I tend not to feel bad for folks who have multiple tesla :)

If it was a really easy fix, or if I could change it manually for you, I would. It's kind of involved, so it's going to take a while and I need to prioritize it against all of the other bugs.

Thanks,
Ryan

Thanks! When you do, the third car on my account is the Model X if you want to see some data from that model.

Is it possible to know ahead of time when the Tesla password expires? Mine just did, and I re-entered it, but naturally it line up with a drive so I lost that trip. No big deal at all, but if a grace period is possible it would be nice. I have no idea if Tesla exposes enough information to make that possible in the first place, of course.

Is it possible to know ahead of time when the Tesla password expires? Mine just did, and I re-entered it, but naturally it line up with a drive so I lost that trip. No big deal at all, but if a grace period is possible it would be nice. I have no idea if Tesla exposes enough information to make that possible in the first place, of course.

Tesla API Token do have an expire of 90 day in general, but there is uncontrolable reason for that token to expire in a shorter time. You could set a 2 month recurring event in your calendar to be on the safe side, and check for those notification of token being expired.

Signed up today, very, very, very cool and now I get to retire my VT app for daily use. The only thing I see missing is the geofencing altering that I can setup with VT.

Thanks,
Jeff

Geofencing works for charging reminders, but nothing beyond that, yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I can tell when it will expire in some cases. I'll add that to the list.

@cryptyk - earlier in this thread we had a discussion about pre-heating your vehicle and you said that it wasn't a concern in San Diego. Watching yesterday's golf it sure didn't look very nice in SD and I am guessing your weather wasn't that different from here in Toronto where it got up to around 47 F, at least not when you consider the wind chill.

Could you add a the ability to download trip data in a more generic format. Such as the way its displayed on the site?

Can you elaborate? What kind of file would you like to download?

- - - Updated - - -

@cryptyk - earlier in this thread we had a discussion about pre-heating your vehicle and you said that it wasn't a concern in San Diego. Watching yesterday's golf it sure didn't look very nice in SD and I am guessing your weather wasn't that different from here in Toronto where it got up to around 47 F, at least not when you consider the wind chill.

It's on the list :)