Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EW! Don't dump your trash beside the Supercharger!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any Superchargers where there is a trash can? I'd be surprised. There is no maintenance at most locations. I guess there are people in the world who think trash cans magically empty themselves.
Most, but not all, of the superchargers I've visited are near dumpsters. In this case, the dumpster (barely visible in the photo) is behind the wood fence.

I was disgusted and angry when I took the photo & started this thread. However, as Gizmotoy and several others have pointed out, it looks like someone set the diaper aside for later disposal, and forgot about it. No excuse, but easy to do with a crying kid. Thinking about some of my own sleep deprived mistakes made when my kids were young restored my sense of humor. Thanks, all, for posting & helping restore my outlook on the situation.

It's called extrapolation and it's a powerful tool :)
Indeed.

extrapolating.png

xkcd: Extrapolating

I've talked to a number of owners about forming informal or formal entities where local owners maintain the sites as a courtesy, in anticipation of just this kind of activity. And now we see examples.

And, while I absolutely hope such behaviour is coming not from SpC users, but from ICErs, vagrants and ill-wishers, it really doesn't matter who creates it.

A number of the SpCs I've been to - Buckeye and Quartzite in AZ, for example - are located where trashy behaviour is expected to be the norm. The former is hosted by a chain whose franchise there - I'm going to photograph this one day just to convince people - has had to cable-secure the men's urinals so the plumbing doesn't get stolen. The latter has hosted homeless in tents and cardboard boxes right over there each time I've used it.

But: do others think my "Sponsor Your Local SpC" movement has any legs?

I've talked to a number of owners about forming informal or formal entities where local owners maintain the sites as a courtesy, in anticipation of just this kind of activity. And now we see examples.

And, while I absolutely hope such behaviour is coming not from SpC users, but from ICErs, vagrants and ill-wishers, it really doesn't matter who creates it.

A number of the SpCs I've been to - Buckeye and Quartzite in AZ, for example - are located where trashy behaviour is expected to be the norm. The former is hosted by a chain whose franchise there - I'm going to photograph this one day just to convince people - has had to cable-secure the men's urinals so the plumbing doesn't get stolen. The latter has hosted homeless in tents and cardboard boxes right over there each time I've used it.

But: do others think my "Sponsor Your Local SpC" movement has any legs?
I think so. I am considering purchasing a wire mesh trash can and putting next to the madison supercharger. I sent a email to the Mall Customer service, where the station is located. Waiting for a response. I asked if it would be acceptable, or if the mall would supply one, and just empty it like they do all the other trash cans throughout the parking lot and entrances. It's not like it would be a lot of trash, maybe once/week would be enough.