Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty Going Up July 3, Will You Buy Now?

Will you buy the Extended Warrranty for $2500?

• YES INDEED!! ABSO-TESLA-LUTLEY!

Votes: 65 52.8%
  • NOPE! Nada! Negative

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Already Have it, I'm a Player!

Votes: 16 13.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was posted on the other thread.....

I asked whether the air suspension was covered by the extended warranty. Lenny at the Rockville Service Center asked headquarters, and got a reply (which he forwarded to me) that if you have the extended warranty and years 5-8 of the service plan, the air suspension is covered.

Doesn't make sense. Either service plan or extended warranty covers it, not both. What about those who pay each year for service, same as prepaying for service plan, just slightly higher cost.

I bought it yesterday, too, along with the first 4 year standard service (no ranger, I live ridiculously close to a service center). This seemed like a nice balance of cost/risk. After four years, I'll have the extended warranty kick in and I'll either buy another service plan or just pay a la cart for annual service.

Wasn't really planning on giving TM another $4400 so quickly, still a bit grumpy about that. Still, I will enjoy the peace-of-mind that anything that could happen to this car is covered and pre-paid for four years, and just a $200 deductible after that. Stress level about being an early adopter is down to near zero, so I like the result.

Doesn't make sense. Either service plan or extended warranty covers it, not both. What about those who pay each year for service, same as prepaying for service plan, just slightly higher cost.

I'm not following your logic. Something could be covered under the extended warranty and not the service plan and vice versa. While everyone has a 4 year/50K warranty, if you pay for service but not the extended warranty, and in year 5 of at 50,001 miles your air suspension fails, the fact that you might have bought a service plan won't help you.

- - - Updated - - -

This was posted on the other thread.....

I asked whether the air suspension was covered by the extended warranty. Lenny at the Rockville Service Center asked headquarters, and got a reply (which he forwarded to me) that if you have the extended warranty and years 5-8 of the service plan, the air suspension is covered.

Thanks for posting this. I did search a few other threads but couldn't find this. Can you post a link to the other post or at least the title and post number?

I'm not following your logic. Something could be covered under the extended warranty and not the service plan and vice versa. While everyone has a 4 year/50K warranty, if you pay for service but not the extended warranty, and in year 5 of at 50,001 miles your air suspension fails, the fact that you might have bought a service plan won't help you.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for posting this. I did search a few other threads but couldn't find this. Can you post a link to the other post or at least the title and post number?

4th post down......

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/18407-Extended-Warranty-Price-Increase/page9

I just called Tesla and the gentleman I spoke with asked his manager and said "It is NOT required to do the yearly $600 maintenance to keep the Extended Warranty valid!". If anyone else wants to call and make me a liar please do. I just figured I would end any confusion we all have about that.

Wear and tear items, such as the shocks, are not covered by the extended warranty (years 5-8) but are covered by the service plan for years 5-8, if purchased. The control system, pump, etc of the air suspension system would be covered under the extended warranty plan for years 5-8. The service plan covers wear and tear items other than tires, while the extended warranty covers non-wear and tear items, such as failure of the suspension control system. At least that is what HQ told the Tesla service centers towards the end of April.

I just called Tesla and the gentleman I spoke with asked his manager and said "It is NOT required to do the yearly $600 maintenance to keep the Extended Warranty valid!". If anyone else wants to call and make me a liar please do. I just figured I would end any confusion we all have about that.

Thanks for checking and posting what you found out (on this and the air suspension stuff). :)

Just emailed [email protected] to see if WA State is SOL on the price increase. :(

I emailed ownership on Friday to inquire about WA and got a phone call back in response on Saturday. According to the message they left - Yes, the extended warranty is available for purchase for WA residents now, but they don't have it loaded on the website yet. If you want to be sure to lock in on the old price you need to order it over the phone by Wednesday. 877-79-TESLA

- - - Updated - - -

Simply service plan is for annual service. Ie.. Annual maintenance. Warranty work is warranty work. Either coved under original warranty or extended warranty, but not service plan as the service plan is only for annual service.

I emailed ownership on Friday to inquire about WA and got a phone call back in response on Saturday. According to the message they left - Yes, the extended warranty is available for purchase for WA residents now, but they don't have it loaded on the website yet. If you want to be sure to lock in on the old price you need to order it over the phone by Wednesday. 877-79-TESLA

REALLY? Wow, thank you very much for the post! That's exactly what I am going to do. I'll be glad to have to coverage but I really think they are messing up on the customer relations game with Washington customers if they are not going to honor the old price once they bother getting it posted to the website. If I didn't see your post I would have NO IDEA you could simply call them to buy it. I've been checking the MY TESLA page every week since March to see when/if I could buy the extended warranty and I would not be happy if I was later told that it was available before the price increase but simply not put on their website.

REALLY? Wow, thank you very much for the post! That's exactly what I am going to do. I'll be glad to have to coverage but I really think they are messing up on the customer relations game with Washington customers if they are not going to honor the old price once they bother getting it posted to the website. If I didn't see your post I would have NO IDEA you could simply call them to buy it. I've been checking the MY TESLA page every week since March to see when/if I could buy the extended warranty and I would not be happy if I was later told that it was available before the price increase but simply not put on their website.

Bad news. Got another call back today correcting the previous info. No WA plan to buy yet. They're still working out the legal details. I asked if they could consider still offering a grace period once they finally do. It's been passed up the management chain they said.

It seems every time I resist the urge to buy something that Tesla gives us little info and a deadline on, I end up feeling like I dodged a bullet or something. Going to stick to that this time around.