Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Facelift Model3 Teaser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People are supposedly getting cars with the new headlights now - surely someone else can find a new car with them to get more pics?

Maybe a side-by-side and review of the new headlights at night?
9A4A2F81-6488-4242-88B2-6EDEAD5ADBFF.jpeg

Reactions: Dave EV
It would be interesting to know what the benefits of the new headlight design is. Personally, I like the old design better as far as aesthetics.

One benefit is that the light source or the lens element can move allowing headlights to "turn in" with you as the steering wheel turns. This is a common feature on other luxury cars so this could potentially enable that.

One benefit is that the light source or the lens element can move allowing headlights to "turn in" with you as the steering wheel turns. This is a common feature on other luxury cars so this could potentially enable that.

all along it thought the "steering wheel lights" option in the menu were for swiveling headlamps.

although ive found them useless in past cars anyway

Reactions: New_Old_Stock
I like how people was so quick on judging him and by the looks of it this was an early sign of the rumours we're just hearing about now.

Well, to be fair, OP was the first one who started name-calling (see post # 5).

And his initial post did come across as something that wasn't legit, though I wouldn't have judged him so quickly either.

I like how people was so quick on judging him and by the looks of it this was an early sign of the rumours we're just hearing about now.

Except that he posted a picture of some random headlight, and not the new one with the side lens.

I can do it too ..

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know there will be changes to the battery system on the model 3! Just remember I said it first, when it actually occurs sometime in the future.

Except that he posted a picture of some random headlight, and not the new one with the side lens.

I can do it too ..

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know there will be changes to the battery system on the model 3! Just remember I said it first, when it actually occurs sometime in the future.

Uh, did you even look at the first post's pics? He posted the closest shot of the new model 3 headlights, even for today, that anyone else has ever seen. You really can't tell that those are 3's headlight? It's so obvious...

Maybe adaptive LED

And LED's can be in projectors. The second gen Volt has LED headlights in a projector housing. Doubt they are xenons

Seen a few pics now of cars with these headlights so it's probably real, or some aftermarket headlight, but probably OEM

Those new headlights looks ace. The projector will beam wider and a produce much more even light cone. The current Model 3 headlights looks so dated and has done since release.

All European cars have these kind of lights so I'm happy to see that Tesla follow down the same path.

Tesla have for instance not auto leveling in any of the existing headlights and this is something I really hope the new light will provide. It feels like going back 10 years in time with current Tesla lights compared to any light from BMW, Porsche, VW or Audi. Dynamic cornering lights and Matrix lights are so good that you don't want to be without it if you have tested it once.

If you downvote this post, I'm sure you have never tested a car with well functioning lights.

Here's an old video from 2014 showing the Matrix function that now is most modern cars. At least available as an option: