Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that in this thread there seems to be no mention of the use of a blower to dry the car after rinsing - we have a dog dryer which I started using to dry off my motorcycle as it really works well to get the water out of the nooks and crannies and does a pretty good job on the car too. Shifting the bulk of the water off before water spots can form and finish with a microfibre cloth as normal.

In the spirit of further 'essential' purchases, here's a link to the sort of thing we have - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Whilst looking around, spending far too much money on cleaning products, I spotted this.

Seems like a good package, a quick comparison on Amazon says its worth £78.36 excluding the kit bag. Also if you can get the current £5 off £25 offer then its a bargain.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C4YHGDR - Gtechniq Essential Maintenance Kit

Kit Contains:
1 x 500ml GWash
1 x 500ml Quick Detailer
1 x 500ml G6 Perfect Glass
1 x 250ml W6 Iron and General Fallout Remover
1 x 250ml T2 Tyre Dressing
1 x 250ml W8 Bug Remover
2 x MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth
1 x MF2 Zero Scratch Microfibre Drying Towel
1 x Large Gtechniq branded kit bag

Whilst looking around, spending far too much money on cleaning products, I spotted this.

Seems like a good package, a quick comparison on Amazon says its worth £78.36 excluding the kit bag. Also if you can get the current £5 off £25 offer then its a bargain.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C4YHGDR - Gtechniq Essential Maintenance Kit

Kit Contains:
1 x 500ml GWash
1 x 500ml Quick Detailer
1 x 250ml W8 Bug Remover

Not bad! - Gtechniq stuff is great too :)

Interesting that in this thread there seems to be no mention of the use of a blower to dry the car after rinsing - we have a dog dryer which I started using to dry off my motorcycle as it really works well to get the water out of the nooks and crannies and does a pretty good job on the car too. Shifting the bulk of the water off before water spots can form and finish with a microfibre cloth as normal.

In the spirit of further 'essential' purchases, here's a link to the sort of thing we have - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I use a blower, it’s been very effective (but only if the wax is still working) I got mine off ebay after seeing it being used on a YouTube video. (It’s actually a pet hair dryer !)
I have also set this up today; looking forward to seeing how effective it is.

Attachments

• 3769CC60-65A6-44B2-9AA7-2F3E17B324B6.jpeg
    3769CC60-65A6-44B2-9AA7-2F3E17B324B6.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Kit Contains:
1 x 500ml GWash
1 x 500ml Quick Detailer
1 x 250ml W8 Bug Remover
Just used some GTechniq products on my car for the first time.

Wash, Bug Remover and Glass. All were excellent but the glass cleaner blew my mind. So easy to apply, absolutely no streaks and you hardly need to use any product. Shame it's raining now!

Was only going to do the front windshield but ended up doing the roof and side windows too.

20200701_193207.jpg

Wash, Bug Remover and Glass. All were excellent but the glass cleaner blew my mind. So easy to apply, absolutely no streaks and you hardly need to use any product. Shame it's raining now!

Was only going to do the front windshield but ended up doing the roof and side windows too.

View attachment 559212

Glad to hear that as I may have bought the 5L one ;) figured I have lots of glass to clean!

Mixed reviews on the bug one so that's good too.

Reactions: Medved_77
Glad to hear that as I may have bought the 5L one ;) figured I have lots of glass to clean!

Mixed reviews on the bug one so that's good too.
Suspect 5L could last you the lifetime of the car!

Bug remover required 2 applications although to be fair that was contactless without a pressure washer. Bugs had been on the car for 9 days after a 300 mile journey. Suspect 1 application would have been fine under normal circumstance.

I do have their ceramic coating too so maybe that aids the performance of their products.

I'm slowly running out of the autoglym products that I stockpiled on my previous motor, in my experience they just don't seem a good match the the paint and glass attributes of the model 3.

I use a blower, it’s been very effective (but only if the wax is still working) I got mine off ebay after seeing it being used on a YouTube video. (It’s actually a pet hair dryer !)
I have also set this up today; looking forward to seeing how effective it is.

Just an update on the water filtration; used it today for the first time and can recommend it, excellent results.

Reactions: DaveW
Gave the car her 2nd wash since I got it today. This was the first time I've been able to fully utilise the new kit I've bought (referenced somewhere earlier in this thread). When I'm back on my laptop tomorrow I will like the post properly.

The wheel was I have has brought the wheels up a treat. Really impressed with it. Equally impressed with the glass wash from Gtechniq.

Mild sour point number 1: there was a major grave yard on the front of my car that took a herculean effort from me to remove them.

Mild sour point number 2: I have discovered an abundance of small chips. Whilst this is to be expected, I'm more concerned about where they are. Got a few random ones on the drivers side rear door where it meets the drivers door. One under the rhs tail light?!?! One centre of the bonnet (accept thats a reg spot). Looks like the Tesla paint kit is gonna get some use.

Anyway, the car looks good :)

Attachments

• IMG-20200719-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20200719-WA0004.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG-20200719-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20200719-WA0002.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200719_174232.jpg
    20200719_174232.jpg
    869.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200719_174243.jpg
    20200719_174243.jpg
    787.9 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Godsense and DaveW

View attachment 559212

I've just done my windscreen. Used G6 to polish, the G1 to seal and make water repellant then G4 to get rid of the residue. It rained today - excellent results.

Reactions: Medved_77