Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've thought of a stubby gun andI tend not to change my pressure too much when washing the car. Would have to swap out for washing the patio, but that's a less frequent job.
The stubby trigger just requires a push and twist to lock on to the hose, same with disconnecting and connecting back to the original wand. The fitting I got was compatible with K2/4/5 models. Quick change, no tools required.

Attachments

• 1A674A05-7D53-4BA1-A128-2DA4E9E052A3.jpeg
    1A674A05-7D53-4BA1-A128-2DA4E9E052A3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
Reactions: AGNL
Fresh back today from MKProDetail, here it is, in all its shiny glory! - So I'll be back into keeping my car looking lovely and clean (lost interest a bit on the M3P after nearly 3 years).

Went for the 5 year Kisho coating, plus Gtechniq glass etc.. really pleased!

Also paid them a bit extra to remove the badly fitted PPF on the rear quarters and apply the fresh set I had, you can't even see it's on there now until you're up close, was pretty obvious before hand :)

Also treated myself to a Big Boi Pro air dryer!
IMG_2035.JPG

Fresh back today from MKProDetail, here it is, in all its shiny glory! - So I'll be back into keeping my car looking lovely and clean (lost interest a bit on the M3P after nearly 3 years).

Also paid them a bit extra to remove the badly fitted PPF on the rear quarters and apply the fresh set I had, you can't even see it's on there now until you're up close, was pretty obvious before hand :)

Also treated myself to a Big Boi Pro air dryer!View attachment 908310
Looks lovely! Mine is in next week for PPF (front only this time) plus paint correction and ceramic. Like you I lost a bit of interest after year 3 of my M3P but it had full PPF and looked like new even after a standard 2 bucket wash. I'll need to be a bit more careful with the new MYP.

Reactions: DaveW
Looks lovely! Mine is in next week for PPF (front only this time) plus paint correction and ceramic. Like you I lost a bit of interest after year 3 of my M3P but it had full PPF and looked like new even after a standard 2 bucket wash. I'll need to be a bit more careful with the new MYP.
Would love to PPF a car in full, but needed the funds for some work on the house.

Will need to take extra car, had two small stone chips filled in by the detailed whilst it was there, picked those up after just 600 miles!

Would love to PPF a car in full, but needed the funds for some work on the house.

Will need to take extra car, had two small stone chips filled in by the detailed whilst it was there, picked those up after just 600 miles!
Yes, I reviewed the PPF cost and decided to cut it back on the MYP. Most of the damage happens on the front end and unfortunately ceramic won't really help that much, but it will make cleaning a lot easier. So I went with front end PPF and will keep my fingers crossed for the rest.

I was down in Cornwall a while back in the M3P and some youth opened a car door next to ours and hammered our door. Even with the PPF, it got dinged but nowhere near as badly as it would have been without the PPF. So that risk remains but I'll take it as it comes. I can repair a lot of dings for the saving I've made by not going for full PPF this time, but doing the front-end will give some peace of mind. Like you I got a couple of small chips in the first 100 miles which will be fixed next week.

Yes, I reviewed the PPF cost and decided to cut it back on the MYP. Most of the damage happens on the front end and unfortunately ceramic won't really help that much, but it will make cleaning a lot easier. So I went with front end PPF and will keep my fingers crossed for the rest.

I was down in Cornwall a while back in the M3P and some youth opened a car door next to ours and hammered our door. Even with the PPF, it got dinged but nowhere near as badly as it would have been without the PPF. So that risk remains but I'll take it as it comes. I can repair a lot of dings for the saving I've made by not going for full PPF this time, but doing the front-end will give some peace of mind. Like you I got a couple of small chips in the first 100 miles which will be fixed next week.
My MY went for front PPF and Ceramic on collection day 06/22. Very pleased with it so far. Of course, I will never know how it would have faired without treatment😀.

Reactions: spon88

Also treated myself to a Big Boi Pro air dryer!View attachment 908310
MK are amazing, they are a 4 hour round trip from me, so that’s 16 hours in total between me and the wife with dropping and collecting. The only vehicle they haven’t done is the Tesla which I had done at a local company near me that’s very highly recommended on here and various Tesla Facebook groups but never again, MK are the only place I will take my cars for detailing work now! Had the same Kisho on the last 2 vehicles :cool: