Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally! Free Unlimited Super Charging FUSC can be transferred

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have FSD and free streaming and free Internet and all options like heated and ventilated seats. All that disappears I bet and all that is left is supercharging. Big whoop. You still get nickeled and dimed over anything Internet related. I paid for FSD lifetime. That alone is a monthly big bill now. Add streaming radio and Internet connectivity and suddenly I’m not interested.

This was really difficult for me to review. First, my 2016 Model X only has 51,495 Miles on it, has been kept in a garage and I just redid the Ceramic. It is as gorgeous now as the day it was new, might be better as I have corrected all paint issues.

I spoke to my wife yesterday, and stated that I should spend the $64K plus tax plus title to upgrade. My argument was that a 2023 with transferable Superchaging would be a high value. Given this is not transferable then I am stuck with deciding if my Red Tesla Model X that gets 225 Miles on a Charge is worth upgrading to one that gets 348 miles per charge.

Otherwise, both are beautiful 7 seat configured Tesla Model X. Mine is fully upgraded in the electronics, headlights, etc.... Mine has free Premium Audio for life, and the Serius Satellite Antena upgrades. Mine has the 22" Rims, which I would love to have 20" RIMS as I do tow boat every once in awhile and have to borrow my brothers truck as it is limited to 3500lbs at this time. Have the tow package. Battery and Drive train warranty expires in September of 2024.

SO SERIOUSLY DEBATING IF A NEW X JUST FOR THE MILES AND HAVING TO UPGRADE ANTENNA IS WORTH DROPPING 64K FOR.

The SC01 to SC05 is really tipping the scales in just keep the car you already LOVE.

Love to here the arguments to convince me that I am better off with the car, more value, etc.... and that I am not just throwing away 64K for something I already have, albeit, the 348 MILES IS A BIG DEAL. New batteries, not so much, I can replace the battery pack, and that keeps dropping in price.

Last edited:
Moderator note: This post plus the next few follow-ups were from a different thread that has been merged here.

I am seriously considering moving up from my Tesla Model S to a new Tesla Model X - and am motivated to take this offer I just received via email?

Does anyone know if this offer that came in the email 4 days ago is "legit"? Will this transfer the free supercharging for life over to the new Model X, if I meet the requirements they state in the email (which links to this page)?

Also, do you guys think it's WORTH the upgrade?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!!

1698155323644.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I decided it was worth it to me. I'm trading in my Model S for a Y Performance and bringing my free supercharging with me. Due to my work situation I have to supercharge 3 times per week. This year, 44% of my charging has been supercharging. That adds up to roughly $2,200 per year. That's roughly a $15,000 value based upon how long I keep a vehicle.

• Love
Reactions: SO16 and singleview
Does anyone know if this offer that came in the email 4 days ago is "legit"? Will this transfer the free supercharging for life over to the new Model X, if I meet the requirements they state in the email (which links to this page)?
Seems to be.

That will never happen lol
It matters to some ppl that care about resale value
SC01 transferable supercharging was always adding to car's value
Great point. Does anyone have even a guess of what that additional resale value amount is/ could be with SC01? An extra $1-2k, or do you think it’s much higher? Serious question since I’m considering using the current offer to upgrade my Model S to a Model X.

Great point. Does anyone have even a guess of what that additional resale value amount is/ could be with SC01? An extra $1-2k, or do you think it’s much higher? Serious question since I’m considering using the current offer to upgrade my Model S to a Model X.
For AP1 car, not much probably few thousands unless someone really needs it
AP2+ cars are rare n seem to be in demand with SC01..
Look at carsandbids.com history, i've seen FUSC cars go for a lot more n also not much diff than average...

• Helpful
Reactions: singleview
A back of the napkin guess would be $0.20/mile in savings (@ $5 / gal. & 25 miles / gal. or $4 / gal. & 20 miles / gal. fuel efficiency for our ICE counterparts). If one drives 10,000 miles / year, at $0.20/mile in fuel or energy cost, he / she would save ~$2,000.

• Helpful
A back of the napkin guess would be $0.20/mile in savings (@ $5 / gal. & 25 miles / gal. or $4 / gal. & 20 miles / gal. fuel efficiency for our ICE counterparts). If one drives 10,000 miles / year, at $0.20/mile in fuel or energy cost, he / she would save ~$2,000.
I don't think it is quite that much. Gas fuel (using your numbers) $5 @ 25mpg= 20¢ per mile.
elec fuel 300 wh per mile x $.20 per kwh = $.06 per mile. 20¢ - 6¢ = 14¢ per mile difference x 10000 miles = $600.

Now in my area, gas is only $3.50/gal. But I am only paying $.0273 per kwh to charge my car. Gas = 14¢ per mile. Electric I am paying $.00819 per mile (less than a penny), so about 13.2¢ difference x 10,000 miles or roughly $1,318 savings. Of course Supercharging is much more expensive than charging at home regardless of the rate.

• Helpful