Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finkenbusch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[FONT=&quot]I have enjoyed [/FONT]Finkenbusch's[FONT=&quot] Posts from the beginning. His poor use of the English language notwithstanding, he has often injected some good counterprogramming to this largely fanboy site. He has few facts and many opinions, so we can simply disagree and move on. Time will be the final arbitrator. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have enjoyed [/FONT]Finkenbusch's[FONT=&quot] Posts from the beginning. His poor use of the English language notwithstanding, he has often injected some good counterprogramming to this largely fanboy site...[/FONT]

I dont know how many folks could express their simple opinions here in three or four different languages - as "poorly" as I do - so raise your hands.

I could answer in writing to three languages - how about your more refined foreign language performance cleverboys?

Besides knowing whats up in the bigger part of the planet outside the USA confinement...

Last edited:
I can express my opinion properly in currently just 2 languages, but I'm the language moron in our family. The rest of my family can express their opinion in 5-10 languages each, so I fail to see the problem. I think you should schedule a trip to the US Finkenbusch it's plainly obvious you need to get some of your preconceptions on Americans dealt with.

Cobos​

Today the globe commemorates 63 years Nagasaki - US scientific civilian killing

I can express my opinion properly in currently just 2 languages, but I'm the language moron in our family.​

Thats exactly what I meant - (you family does not count - If I would enter mine in the ring I may easily break the 27+ barrier - the EU has so much members speaking different native languages and me having relatives all over) thank you for your confirming being a proud & hardcore US moron.

Not interested whats going on outside (U)SS Cheney gate - thats the marker!

See the headline - nobody in the US steered media or population feels any remorse neither responsibility for Hiroshima & Nagasaki today - only proudness how clever killing millions by a flick of a switch from high above.
HOW BRAVE INDEED.
Same medicine to civilians from Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Iran to Vietnam or the native American Indians - the list is endless.

Get it?

And there is a lot of positive, non military development going on in the field of EV development in the EU and worldwide the US is currently puffing hard while trying but still not being able keeping pace with or trailing far behind.

Thats what I criticize - where is the US scientific meat?

Where is the highly praised MIT?
Where is the proud NASA?
Where is the scientific military arm of the US army DARPA?

Only bones and no meat - not speaking from fat.

We wait honestly for some valuable contribution from the former indeed praised (I was a dedicated follower, admirer of the USA scientific abilities in every field my childhood - but got wiser) "shining house on the hill" but still get only a stinking piss-bush.

Only killing civilians by remote controlled predators for securing others oil belonging to the own wallet will not tackle the future energy needs.

Neither will bring the stuffing of a few thousand asian made mobile phone batteries in a box help much tackle the transport need of the world in the coming century - dont you think there is more needed?.

Good luck & good night

Last edited:
Thats exactly what I meant - (you family does not count - If I would enter mine in the ring I may easily break the 27+ barrier - the EU has so much members speaking different native languages and me having relatives all over) thank you for your confirming being a proud & hardcore US moron.
Why exactly doesn't that count. The fact is that unless you need different languages I can't see the point, I've got other things to spend my time on. And since we are throwing insults, I do hope you don't include English among the languages you "know".

Actually I don't since your english simply makes no sense.

And there is a lot of positive, non military development going on in the field of EV development in the EU and worldwide the US is currently puffing hard while trying but still not being able keeping pace with or trailing far behind.
What EV news in Europe? The huge german manufacturers has some mild hybrids which has been developed in cooperation with the US big three. There are several concept vehicles and stuff which is "almost" done from the French and Italian ones. Excepting the feeble attempt the French producers did on their earlier EV's, which simply is similar to the EV1, RAV4-EV generation. The only one actually taking orders for highway capable EVs in Europe is Think and they are producing only slightly faster than Tesla is now. Not mention that car was designed by american Ford, and they don't even make their own batteries but buys them from 2 American companies and 1 European.

Please tell me about all these fantastic European EV offers I can go and buy?

Cobos

Please tell me about all these fantastic European EV offers I can go and buy?

Cobos
Please broaden your view a bit to get the real picture

You cannot buy and leave any showroom in the USA today with a day-to-day useful EV US car for commuting in the US today either - but the chances for the US are far slimmer to get one in the near future then for Europe - the answer explained is indisputable here:

http://www.nytimes.com- Flush With Energy

The difference lies (overstated but still) grossomodo in a complete different social behavior and other way of thinking in the EU then in the USA.

Whatever is bought from the US today, besides military equipment, is bought not for its inherent quality (anyone driving a US car in Europe where a gallon is 10$ at the pump is looked at being funny at least) but because the US Dollar (and US merchandise whatever trash quality - look at a Hummers door hinge) is irresistible dirt cheap - and falling - like any developing countries money.

He says to Cobos, the guy from Norway.
domenick

One can be a self-declared moron wherever he lives - even in cultivated Norway

Last edited:
If you believe people don't complain about the high gasoline and car taxes in Norway or Denmark you're way out left field. Our populist rightwing party is currently the biggest party on the polls exactly because they claim they will reduce gastaxes and improve the roads. That doesn't mean that most scandinavian communities are usually better on saving gas (if not electricity in Norway). The problem I have is that you immediately goes from there to everything in the US is *sugar*.

I've bought quite a few products from a quality producer of luggage and computer bags called TomBihn. That is a good example of an american company that cares about both quality and is innovative. They do exist in the US as well as mostly everywhere else.

Yes I'm born and has grown up in Norway and lived there all my life. I've also been to the US about many times and all over the country. That means I do have a feel for how many americans think but still see things with a European's eyes. I fail to see any of the problems you state with the US. Some companies sure, but not everything.

Still I see that whatever I say I wont convince you to change your mind so I see no point discussing this any further.

Cobos

Hey Finkenbusch. We keep pushing out shitty products, elected Bush twice, and have basically f****ed up the world, just to piss you off. It appears we are quite successful at that.

Absolute correct.

As you stated:
Your a happy and as history shows a very successful pisser

(Aside you forgot that the US gov open admits it spies like Stalin on its own people at home & in foreign countries alike - there all pissed)

With one small addition I allow to mention:

You pissed not only me (to much honor) but basically the whole globes population off. Deduct from that figure about 50% of the US population for being Bush voters.

That counting leads you to a assembled figure of roughly 97% of the worlds population that are/were pissed by you.

Continue happy pissing pisser ...

and hope that never ever the 97% majority thinks of pissing in a concerted action back on you 3%

you would need a lot of rafts then...

Last edited:
Ok - understood -
I honestly have not intended to insult or hurt anyone on a personal level - If I may have so done so, sorry.

Anyhow - In love, EV, & politics every trick is allowed:)

just exchanging views on facts from different sides with real men
in a robust but gentlemen-like discussion was my intention.

If I should have overdone it and have hurt anyone - accept my honest apology.

Anyhow - I still stay, if not always in form,
but certainly in the substance & content to my statements

Last edited:
Finkenbusch?

According to the journalist Reinking, "In the future, major technological advances in the automobile will continue to come from large auto companies and suppliers, and not from small high-tech firms in California."

This guy sounds familiar. My bet is that Reinking = Finkenbusch! :biggrin:

GSP

This guy sounds familiar. My bet is that Reinking = Finkenbusch! :biggrin:

GSP

Dont worry - there is only one true, original Finkenbusch.

The many others may be unbiased & wise men as well - this elitarian group of deep-thinkers / intellectuals is growing in a shrinking pond of uniform clapping commonly happy drowning lemmings / proletarians / claceurs - but your here confronted in that very forum with the seasoned true original:)

Dont worry

Thank you for your kind consideration

Last edited:
Well, we have confirmation that Daimler and Tesla have some sort of agreement together, just not what.

Having a agreement not having a agreement most probably.

Daimlers last US adventure with Chrysler nearly brought Daimler to its knees.

The Daimler shareholder (me) paid heavily for the mistake marrying a gentlemen to a bump.

Daimler / Mercedes could divorce (leaving deep financial bruises all over) in the last minute from the looser - and let the ugly bride (Chrysler) sink alone into Chaper 11, or directly into Chapter 7 - read details in any US newspaper or directly at
The Truth About Cars

Its hardly conceivable that such very hard burned child, having a fat technological advance, will even consider looking in such a repetition of burning money for love in the US soon.

Last edited:
The Chrysler stock kept is most probably not to dig the financial hole for Daimler deeper.

If Daimler sells the remaining Chrysler stock today the loss will be even more glaring and hurting both companies more than buying on hope.
They gamble is only on (dwindling) hope.

Its not only Daimler developing EV - many European companies will have market ready products in a matter of months from now - without the uncultivated chest drumming of a GM Volt.

When the Volt in Alpha version will be (if ever - planned for 2010) on the market the x version of VW, Peugeot, Renault, Fiat, BMW e.g. will be out alrady.

And the EV version of Lotus Elise (a former british boutique car maker now in Malaysian hands) will run (if still on the market and not closed / bought) on a true professional set of electric supply / drive-train

- bet ? :)

Its not only Daimler developing EV - many European companies will have market ready products in a matter of months from now - without the uncultivated chest drumming of a GM Volt.

Let's make this interesting. I dare say NO german car manufacturer will have market ready EV products in 2008.. That should cover "in a matter of months". The definition of market ready being a product you can order with delivery in say maximum 3 months. I'll gladly bet you 1 Euro on that and if they do arrive I'll go through all the hassle of paying up that amount through Paypal. Are you up for that Finkenbusch? I'll even accept I've lost if Smart does start selling the Smart EV to normal customers within 2008.

Cobos

PS: I'm saying german since there might be a something french coming and depending on your definition there already IS a Norwegian manufacturer. So that means VW, BMW, MB, Audi and even Skoda if you like.