Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finkenbusch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True enough - your right with the garage absolutely.
A lot (actually 99.99%) of valuable things started tiny - but look at the first Mac in comparison - everything had until then unseen style and class BY ITS OWN - not bought.

The Apple mouse & the desktop alone were a completely NEW technologic breakthrough, a paradigm shift of enormous proportions, changing the way most folks saw the computer that left the chins hanging and ahhhs and ooohs sound.

Tesla is not developing but faking - a lot of marketing and very little in the box as proven by that shitty cable alone.
May I suggest you take a look at Xerox newfangled control system before you start praising Apple too loudly. What Apple did was take some research projects and ideas other people had invented, pack them all together in a at-the-time attractive package and sell them. The combination was novel the ideas was not, a bit like using laptop batteries (not cellphone) for a car.

As has been mentioned there are 2 highway capable EV cars on the market today which you can buy and get a delivery date for, Tesla Roadster and Think City. And looking at the specs and efficiency and such, there is no doubt that the Roadster is best. I might add the Think's fit and finish is comparable to Tesla's Roadster and they had Ford design the car. They should know how to make a finished product like car.

Cobos

...but look at the first Mac in comparison - everything had until then unseen style and class

Apple certainly didn't start with the Mac. I first saw them in the Byte Shop in the 1970s, and they looked like this:
apple1.GIF

It wasn't until 8 years later that they hit the style jackpot with the Mac.

And don't forget, Mac was born of Lisa.
lisa4.jpg

Personally, I welcome Finkenbusch's approach.
While I also appreciate Finkenbusch's energy and enthusiasm, he has a penchant for going wildly off topic. Finkenbusch, if you have something to say that's not in the spirit of the current thread, please find a more appropriate thread, or create a new one, most likely in the off topic section.

After all, we do have our "negative website" moniker to live up to. :wink:
This is a perception I would like to go away.

Last edited:
Personally, I welcome Finkenbusch's approach.

After all, we do have our "negative website" moniker to live up to. :wink:

To each his own I guess. I would say his posts are much more fitting for TTAC. I don't mind negativity if it is based on facts, but it really does get tiring when they are continual extreme attacks on things the individual has no firsthand or in-depth information on.

I have driven the car and I will say I can hardly wait until early next year when I expect to take delivery of mine. I have also seen and handled the project box shown above and spoken with Tesla reps about the current status of the future Mobile Charging Unit.

I also have enough knowledge of electronics to know that what Tesla has in there ESS/battery pack doesn't exist anywhere else and won't for quite some time to come. Who else is close to having a production ready 53 kWh battery pack that has met both US automotive crash testing and all US DOT regulation for transfer via air freight?

Last edited:
This is a perception I would like to go away.

I believe that there is progress in that direction. We seem to be.....mellowing. And there is an argument that if much of the rest of the net is hostile then Tesla Motors Club should be a haven of support and uplift (I seem to have drifted into bra metaphors. Sorry about that.)

However, forgetting company history and moving on, Martin is still a Tesla customer who has been on the receiving end of some "avant garde" customer service.

Then again is it getting ridiculous for us to keep playing the "Martin" card as if it legitimates our various mumblings and rantings as some sort of service to the wider EV community or even to Tesla?

Everyone enjoys a good car crash (sorry Martin) and it is always our most controvertial threads which generate the hits.

So my (even more off-topic) question is: Is Fikenbusch good for business?

The Apple mouse & the desktop alone were a completely NEW technologic breakthrough, a paradigm shift of enormous proportions, changing the way most folks saw the computer that left the chins hanging and ahhhs and ooohs sound.

The Tesla Roadster (an EV that matches the performance of Ferraris and Porches that one can at least place an order for) is a completely NEW breakthrough, a paradigm shift of enormous proportions, changing the way most folks see the electric car that leaves chins hanging and ahhhs and ooohs sound.

Let's not forget, most people in the UK think EV = milkfloat / golf cart / G-Wizz and I suspect the same perception exists elsewhere. You only have to watch Top Gear to see what I mean. The Telsa is changing that for everyone who sees it in action. Even if the company folds tomorrow, the genie is out of the bottle with regards to what putting Li ion batteries in a desirable car can do and in that respect the Roadster already has its place in history.

Let's also not forget that the Mac has never really got more than around 10% market share. The IBMs and Microsofts of this world came along a couple of years later with a product for the masses. Perhaps the same will be true of Tesla / GM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Praise the Lord Tesla

Sorry folks for having toe-topped some of you by naming a painted pony a painted pony.

I thought a cultivated blog is per definition to exchange views, opinions, critics and the like.

Now I know better - thank you - this is a cathedral of true worship were the few chosen one, believers, praise in ongoing never-ending sermons the infinite wisdom of the high-priest Musk.

Praying blindfolded, untouched from harsh reality and the real world in full trust in the unknowable, with true unchangeable devotion in common sing-sang Kumbayaaaahhh

Hoping for the first & second (White star) coming of the one and only true messiahs - a drivable EV from Tesla - the only reliever from all pain in this universe.

All, even constructive criticism at Tesla is at teslamotorsclub by definition heresy to the lord and therefore not only unwanted but belongs straight to the devil.

Aha.

I thought, after having passed the dark middle ages this is the 21 century - the clock rang and suddenly I woke up by your respond.

in the 14 century.

Thanks for reminding me -

"good night and good luck"

Please accept my honest :)
apology - I shall never fail again - or so...

greenwash.jpg

Last edited:
Moderator's note:
This thread has that whole "stream of consciousness" thing going on about it. So much so that it defies classification. It may be able to be split up some more, but I've done all I can at the moment. So for now, this is where it sits.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, I didn't delete or edit any posts. I split posts into two in some cases where the first part was on topic and the second part was responding to the chaos.

What's in this current thread came from Fareed Zakaria interviews Elon and New EVP, and clearly has nothing to do with either of those topics.
Parts that I could make sense out of went to Tesla Roadster vs. Venturi Fetish, Vestigial Tachometer, and some other places I can't remember now.

Again, it could probably be split up some more, but after spending about an hour on it yesterday, I ran out of energy. If you can think of a more appropriate title and section for this thread, let me know. Dealing with it yesterday the only common element (and thus appropriate title) seemed to be Finkenbusch.