Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finkenbusch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry folks for having toe-topped some of you by naming a painted pony a painted pony.

greenwash.jpg

LOL - ok, that is a good retort. :tongue:

Finkenbusch, you are starting to sound like the commenters that I like to call "eurosnobs" (the "selling a 99% foreign-importet-pre-finished good as american invention / product" part).....
it's something we'll all see in the future, but is it really necessary to step on Tesla in every single one of your posts?

Quite the contary.
You misunderstood my good and honest intentions.

I'm mad as hell
that the US, to me known as THE big inventurer takes the road to the Chinese way - act as a elongatet workbench, producing more or less replicates.

Tesla is a thrown together copy of oldies not a invention.

We need new ideas - not same old wine in new barrels.

WE need INVENTION NOW - where is the MIT?
Where is the space age technology we need on earth?
Where is DARPA when we need them badly?
Where is all the US taxpayers money gone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla is a thrown together copy of oldies not a invention.

We need new ideas - not same old wine in new barrels.

Your ignorance of how much ingenuity and engineering skill it took to put together various aspects of this remarkable car is exceeded only by your negativity. Maybe Martin will respond on what it took to develop the power electronics module or the ESS. If it was so easy, why didn't someone slap it all together long ago? Go be a troll somewhere else.

Last edited:
Go be a troll somewhere else.

With pleasure...

This will not nullify the fact that the Tesla car (a standard of the shelf british Lotus body, frame and steering plus a few thousand Thailand's mobile phone batteries in a cooled box) can hardly be named a invention.

We shall see soon many, many real technical invention from Fiat, Mercedes, Lightning, BMW & especially Toyota, VW, even Porsche and many others bringing affordable EV cars in many flavors to the (mass)market where real R&D and brain power went in.

That will give Tesla a run for its money - if they will live long enough to see.

They will go the way of the Edsel, Packard, Chrysler (Cerberus), Ford & GM

Sorry to see that the US car industry misses the chance for recovering by betting on self developed ingenuous future technologies.

I have simply asked my US fellows what remained from their trillions of US$ tax-money sunk in the last 50 years in space technology for the financier - besides a few Teflon frying pans - basically all made in China today...

And did not get a decent answer - but a firm kick in the but for asking.

I understand
Thats not a forum asking questions but applauding only

So long.

Last edited:
And did not get an answer - but a firm kick in the but for asking.[/I]

I understand

So long.

My response was only my opinion. I do not presume to speak for the entire forum. Nor do I believe that we have seen the last of you.

But your inability to appreciate the significance of the accomplishment made by Tesla with the Roadster shows (to me at least) that either you are sadly misinformed, or you are just being a troll. To call the battery pack a " few thousand Thailand's mobile phone batteries in a cooled box" is ludicrous. The enigineering involved must have been daunting, especially when the project was begun 3 to 4 years ago. Personally, I think it was a brilliant idea to incorporate Lion batteries due to their widespread use in phones and laptops, knowing and in fact RELYING on the fact that they would be under relentless pressure to come down in price and improve in capacity.

Waiting for a better battery or trying to develop one themselves would have put Tesla years behind where they are now. And the beauty of it is, when better batteries are invented (even if they come from a foreigner :smile:), Tesla will be well positioned to take advantage of that new technology and go on to even greater success.

Just my two cents.

I have simply asked my US fellows what remained from their trillions of US$ tax-money sunk in the last 50 years in space technology for the financier - besides a few Teflon frying pans - basically all made in China today...

And did not get a decent answer - but a firm kick in the but for asking.

I understand

So long.

I think the time you spent here should tell you we aren't a typical fanboy forum (you try going to a chevy forum, hummer forum, or a truck forum an start posting your type of "questions" about their cars/company and you'll be swiftly met with the banhammer and be kicked off under the label of troll); heck we got labeled by Tesla as a "hostile forum". Just wanted to say I would appreciate if you tone it down a little on the negativity, because quite frankly if I wanted to see some Tesla negativity I can visit TTAC any time of the day. I don't want to see ANOTHER dramatic departure like we saw Darryl's. You're still welcome back to comment, Finkenbusch. And like SteveF says these are mainly just our own opinions; we don't intend to speak for the whole forum.

PS: for the moderators, I'm sorry another thread turned off-topic again.

Last edited:
I understand

So long.

This is not a forum for posting dozens of ignorant, groundless insults. If you do continue posting here, I'd suggest at least doing some homework first. I've never understood what compels some people to spout off strident opinions in public about subjects they don't know.

I was tempted to dissect your posts and debunk your baseless comments point-by-point, but it would really just be a waste of time -- particularly since most of our members here are already quite well-informed about Tesla and can just as easily spot the errors themselves.

I have asked the moderators to delete my account and all attached postings.

I hope this will help you on your way - sorrily into oblivision...

You can fake a long time and hide from reality but at the end of the day neither the US car Dinosaurs neither Tesla or its attached fan boys can escape facts - when the hammer comes down - and thats now.

The forum is for Tesla claqueurs & Tyrannosaurus Rex kids believers only and not what I have hoped for.
Open discussion.

Good night and good luck

Finkenbusch

Last edited:
Just to go a little bit into the factual points. Comparing the Ligtening to the Roadster highlights two specific things. Tesla's choice of laptop batteries even though it sounds cheap/easy is the big genius of the whole thing. What exactly makes the lightening worth about 50% more than the Roadster. It has a more classical sportscar design perhaps, but everything else is on paper looking like a win to Tesla. Seems to me Tesla must have done something right :)

Cobos

With pleasure...

This will not nullify the fact that the Tesla car (a standard of the shelf british Lotus body, frame and steering plus a few thousand Thailand's mobile phone batteries in a cooled box) can hardly be named a invention.

A fax machine is essentially a modem, scanner and printer. Would you say that isn't an invention?

It's often when COTS technologies are used in an application - rather than expensive, bespoke solutions - that costs are lowered and mass market breakthrough starts. That is Tesla's real innovation and what you fail to appreciate.

That kind of self assurance to be the one and only, choosen one, self confident breast drumming and that kind of "innovations" lead to the total destruction and implosion (chapter 11 on the doors of all big 3) of the once worldwide dominating US car industry -

RANTS #457 - Rants - Autoextremist.com ~ the bare-knuckled, unvarnished, high octane truth...

"The probability that one of the three will be unable to fund its business is more than 95 percent." | The Truth About Cars

China has only to sell a little portion of its Trillion US dollars it hoards and the USA can turn Wall street in a soup kitchen - claiming that no new clever, real revolutionary ideas and true innovations are necessary (just slam a fax-machine the other way round or press a few batteries in a old body) to cope with that many economical threads is wishful thinking.

We shall see the US car industry gone chapter 11 in the next months - and Tesla the way of the Studebaker & PanAm.

Bet?

Last edited:
We shall see the US car industry gone chapter 11 in the next months - and Tesla the way of the Studebaker & PanAm.

Bet?

Sure - if you define how many months first.

I totally expect more investment to be forthcoming for Tesla, should they need it - just as it has been forthcoming for SpaceX. The latter managed to attract another cash injection and Tesla probably shows even more promise for the long run. There are enough wealthy private individuals that want to see the company succeed.