Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2018.42.4 ccb9715

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving around today and noticing that my TeslaCam dashcam has been working great no black x as would other prior updates
One thing I notice about the dash cam is that it takes a little bit to start up now. Maybe it's scanning the disk? I also notice that it'll start playing a song from my usb drive and then it'll stop. Once the dash cam is up and running, then I can access my entire music library and the music will play fine.

Installed 42.4 last night and drove around for about 45 minutes. (Navigate on) Autopilot seems smoother. Better merging and I noticed when a car moved out of my lane autopilot didn't wait so long to speed up. Also, I have not had any issues with dash cam since I started using an SSD (two partitions, one for music, one for cam).

Reactions: davedavedave
Did my first drive with 42.4, and the only difference I noticed is that the displayed range estimate is a few percent higher.

I had inserted a freshly formated USB stick for the TeslaCam, but after driving there was again a FSCKxxxx.rec file in the root directory and the most recent video file was zero length, so the filesystem corruption is still not fixed.

Did my first drive with 42.4, and the only difference I noticed is that the displayed range estimate is a few percent higher.

I had inserted a freshly formated USB stick for the TeslaCam, but after driving there was again a FSCKxxxx.rec file in the root directory and the most recent video file was zero length, so the filesystem corruption is still not fixed.
I inserted two different USD sticks after re-formatting them and the dashcam did not work at all. The red indicator never came on like it normally does. On 42.4.

Did another quick NoA ride and after prompting me to move over to the exit lane and starting to take the exit it swerved back towards the highway. I had to take over immediately not knowing exactly which direction it was taking me but the guard rail straight ahead of me was to close to see what NoA would actually do. Car was in for service this week. They replaced a camera and checked out all the other cameras.
Wipers did great in the rain so that is big improvement from when I got the car 7 months ago.
Summon continues to work really well too.

Last edited:
I inserted two different USD sticks after re-formatting them and the dashcam did not work at all. The red indicator never came on like it normally does. On 42.4.

Hopefully you're not dumb like me (I'm pretty dumb a lot!), you remembered to re-create the "TeslaCam" folder after you reformatted, right? Only because I've made that mistake like once, or twice or about two dozen times... ;)

Hopefully you're not dumb like me (I'm pretty dumb a lot!), you remembered to re-create the "TeslaCam" folder after you reformatted, right? Only because I've made that mistake like once, or twice or about two dozen times... ;)
I have done that before but not this time. I checked both out afterwards and they had the right folder name and had no files on either one which is what I expected since the red indicator never came on.

• Informative
Reactions: Kermee
Replacing headlights requires a push/repush to reset the indicator speed
yes. The technician did that, but it didn’t work. He even placed an order for a new one. I guess I won’t need it.

On a different topic, I have been extremely careful with my car for the past 6 months until today. I got my first curb rash while backing out of my garage. Grrrrrg!

I received the first update notice on my phone but was out of town and did not install it. Then the notice went away. yesterday I received another software update notice and installed it last night. It was 2018.42.4 the release notes just said I could buy a key fob from Tesla and program to to lock unlock the car.

I got this release today (coming from 39.x V9 with no NOA) and I noticed right away there was a lot of false cars showing up on the surround display. This was happening when I was driving on completely empty roads it would see a car behind me or to the right side.

I filed a bug report and hope this is temporary as it would seem to cause issues with lane changes going forward.

Anyone else seeing a very noticeable uptick in false positive cars showing on the side or rear?

No - you sure your camera lens are not dirty or foggy? I wouldn't use a solvent on them - just a soft damp cloth.

I checked and there was a tiny bit of dirt on the cameras so I cleaned them. I also restarted the main screen by holding both steering wheel buttons. Notably I'd think dirty cameras would result in a warning and limited visibility not consistent false positives. That and this was not happening before installing 42.4 (and the car likely had the same small dirt then too)

Then I went for another drive. I'm definitely still getting false positive cars showing up like they are right next to me in the lane but the lane is empty. I'm also occasionally seeing a false positive car in the rear of me (rear view camera is crystal clear)

It wouldn't bother me if it was a momentary blip but these ghosts are persisting for several seconds at a time as if they are driving next to me and seem to impact auto lane changes ability to change lanes.

Attachments

• car is not really there.JPG
    car is not really there.JPG
    545.7 KB · Views: 68
  • truck is not really there.JPG
    truck is not really there.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 45