Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.12.1.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m really not sure what you’re trying to say.

Prior to this update, in the 3 days I owned the car I was able to walk up to the door and unlock it. My phone stayed in my pocket the entire time. After the update, quite often the car screen is telling me to tap the keycard to get in. At that point I just either do that or grab my phone and open the app and unlock the car. Do you follow me, now?

Try the following in order; stop when the phone's behavior returns to normal
1. Toggle the phone's bluetooth off and then back on.
2. Swipe the Tesla app, and restart it.
3. Reinstall the Tesla app.
4. Return the car; you still have 4 days to do that.

Try the following in order; stop when the phone's behavior returns to normal
1. Toggle the phone's bluetooth off and then back on.
2. Swipe the Tesla app, and restart it.
3. Reinstall the Tesla app.
4. Return the car; you still have 4 days to do that.

Lol at number 4. Being a little irritated at something that’s clearly fixable is hardly grounds for returning it.

Has anyone else had their USB music become all scrambled up with the latest update? I have a whole lot of MP3 songs on a USB drive, and the order in which they are listed is now partially random. Some folders are fine while others are not. For instance, a folder of one artist has subfolders for each album, which are numbered to keep them in the right order. But now the order is mixed up. And within the subfolders, the songs are also mixed up - even though they are numbered. I should note that I stripped all of the MP3 tags from all of these tracks, because there was no other way to get the car to put them in the proper order by file name, unless there was nothing to sort by EXCEPT the file name. But now even those are mixed up. The sorting seems to be random.

I just feel obligated to say... I haven had the problems described here. The worst I can say is that I unplugged my car last night due to incoming thunderstorm, and when I went to plug it in this morning I had to open the rear door before the charge port would pop open. It must have recognized my phone since it let me open the door, but I guess trying to start the charge from a sleep state didn’t make it notice the phone. Oh, and I did see some dancing cars when parked yesterday. :)

Anyway, so minor that I’d basically say this firmware is working for me.

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl
My car let me in but the screen wouldn't wake up. The car was completely dead. I had to hold both button and wait a while before it came back to life. Later when I went to press the button on the charge cable to open the charge port, it wouldn't. I had to open the app and unlock from there. There are a few other things as well but this is the buggiest software I've had to date since last June. Also, Slacker is really avoiding playing any music that I have favourited. It's the only music software that gets worse with time. This probably annoys me more than anything.

My car let me in but the screen wouldn't wake up. The car was completely dead. I had to hold both button and wait a while before it came back to life. Later when I went to press the button on the charge cable to open the charge port, it wouldn't. I had to open the app and unlock from there. There are a few other things as well but this is the buggiest software I've had to date since last June. Also, Slacker is really avoiding playing any music that I have favourited. It's the only music software that gets worse with time. This probably annoys me more than anything.

Reboot

Has anyone else had their USB music become all scrambled up with the latest update? I have a whole lot of MP3 songs on a USB drive, and the order in which they are listed is now partially random.

There's either an existing thread specifically about this or somebody mentioned it in another thread (or maybe even earlier in this one). My hypothesis is that Tesla has accidentally disabled a sort function. Background: Most filesystems don't store filenames in any sorted order; it's up to programs to sort their directory listings, and this type of sort is so common we take it for granted. If it's disabled, though, you'll see the files in whatever order they exist on the filesystem, which is likely to look random. Depending on the filesystem and the OS that wrote the files, that order may not even be the order in which files were added to the disk.

It's just occurred to me that FAT is so old that there must be some sort of FAT-sorting utility out there, and a quick Google search finds several, including fatsort in Linux and FAT sorter for Windows. I can make no promises that these tools will work correctly, though, so use them at your own risk. If you try one and it works, I recommend creating a new thread with the details so that people can find the workaround more easily; buried on page 11+ of a thread about a specific firmware version isn't exactly accessible.

Partial-immersive sound / fog lights now removed from SR on 12.1.2 Maybe someone can confirm whether the battery is locked to 220mi, as expected.

At least I finally have Sentry Mode.

Also can’t say if mobile key isn’t working within range, I can’t be the only person who (almost) always unlocks it via app controls.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
I noticed the web browser now reloads the page every time you open it. Previously I swear it let you close and open it without having to refresh. Kinda annoying when using abettrrrouteplanner.com especially because I have to confirm location access every time.

• Informative
Reactions: hcdavis3
I just feel obligated to say... I haven had the problems described here. The worst I can say is that I unplugged my car last night due to incoming thunderstorm, and when I went to plug it in this morning I had to open the rear door before the charge port would pop open. It must have recognized my phone since it let me open the door, but I guess trying to start the charge from a sleep state didn’t make it notice the phone. Oh, and I did see some dancing cars when parked yesterday. :)

Anyway, so minor that I’d basically say this firmware is working for me.

How are you supposed to unlock the charging port without unlocking the car first? Genuine question. Only had my car since last Thursday and I always just open a door or use the app - before plugging in the charger. Otherwise nothing happens when I click the charger button while pointing at the locked charging door.

How are you supposed to unlock the charging port without unlocking the car first? Genuine question. Only had my car since last Thursday and I always just open a door or use the app - before plugging in the charger. Otherwise nothing happens when I click the charger button while pointing at the locked charging door.

Most of the time when I walk up to the car and click the button on the charger, the charging door just pops open. I have been assuming that clicking the charger button pokes the car, and then the car checks whether my phone is in range, and finding that it is, opens the charging door.

That said, I normally plug it in shortly after getting home, so even if it's locked because I walked away for a minute, it's not completely asleep. It may be that manipulating the handle was needed in the one case because it was asleep? I haven't had it long enough to be sure. :)

My method is to press the rear door handle half way in and release... it's enough to wake up the car and unlock everything, but not open the door. Then press the button on the charge cord to open the charge port.

That's odd as I still have Partial-immersive sound and working fog lights on my SR. Range still calculates out to 240 as well since I'm at 49% battery with 118 miles remaining.

Interesting. I might have to double check on the range, but immersive sound is definitely gone for me. Toggled on and off this morning, no difference.

I noticed after installing 12.1.1 and later 12.1.2, the car makes a noise in my garage hours after being parked. The noise sounds like the air intake noise one hears when the interior fan is on 4+. I checked and cabin overheat is on but cabin was in the 70's. It eventually stopped and came on again, then stopped.

car was plugged in. not charging.
When I took the update it reset my cabin climate control settings that keep cabin cool even when you aren't in the car. It turned fan only mode on, which I had disabled before the update. That would likely be what you hear.