Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
technically he said it’s [fire emoji] which may have meant burning garbage.

Or maybe he's referring to our batteries and he's expanding #batterygate and #chargegate. I'll pass on this "update" and go back to installing a month later after y'all beta testers figure out what broke.

Nothing to see here other than Elon's imaginary world where what you say doesn't matter to anyone. Pitiful.

• Disagree
Reactions: M109Rider
The update doesn't include fsd beta? Just a few games that nobody plays in the first place? I'm so tired of this. I paid so much money for FSD. Why would they not just put out the beta. It looks way better than the current AP in all the videos. Even if it's not fully baked, it's a leap forward. Why doesn't he at least give an update on when it's really coming? It's not like it's light years in the future. They must have an idea at this point.

Or maybe he's referring to our batteries and he's expanding #batterygate and #chargegate. I'll pass on this "update" and go back to installing a month later after y'all beta testers figure out what broke.

Nothing to see here other than Elon's imaginary world where what you say doesn't matter to anyone. Pitiful.

Let me guess, you and Run-The-Joules, are either the same guy, or you validate each other to feed the misery. :)
If you guys need attention, and sarcasm, or complaining seems to feed that, there are so many other places that will get you more attention than this forum. :)

The update doesn't include fsd beta? Just a few games that nobody plays in the first place? I'm so tired of this. I paid so much money for FSD. Why would they not just put out the beta. It looks way better than the current AP in all the videos. Even if it's not fully baked, it's a leap forward. Why doesn't he at least give an update on when it's really coming? It's not like it's light years in the future. They must have an idea at this point.

I agree. What is more disappointing is that the holiday update does not even give us the FSD Beta visualizations. Surely, they could at least give us that, even if they can't release FSD Beta itself. But no. The update just gives us the new 3D animation of the car in parked, the wider driver visualization size and rearranges the driver icons. Seriously?! That's it?!?

We're all in the same boat. Dump $7000 into an option in 2019 because it was advertised as being functional by the end of the year. Then all throughout this fscking year they advertised it as being functional by the end of the year. Now 2021 is coming and I'm sure it'll be advertised again as being functional by the end of the year.

Not only
We're all in the same boat. Dump $7000 into an option in 2019 because it was advertised as being functional by the end of the year. Then all throughout this fscking year they advertised it as being functional by the end of the year. Now 2021 is coming and I'm sure it'll be advertised again as being functional by the end of the year.

Not only was it supposed to be functional, there were supposed to be robotaxis. I can't believe this is what they released. It's so embarrassing.

Not only

Not only was it supposed to be functional, there were supposed to be robotaxis. I can't believe this is what they released. It's so embarrassing.

The FSD programmers are different from the programmers that release these updates.
Not sure if you knew that. ..

So you’re suggesting all other advancements, programming, or updates, should be put on permanent hold, until FSD is done. ?
Part of the reason the car is great, is because of these other updates. No one else gets them. My BMW didn’t.
I would rather, (so would most other people) want to keep them coming, AND work on FSD at the same time.
Doesn’t that sound more rational, and reasonable ?
I hope you can multitask at your work, your employer would be disappointed, if you could only work on one thing at a time.
There are a few other activities that work best if you can multitask. :)

The FSD programmers are different from the programmers that release these updates.

So you’re suggesting all other advancements, programming, or updates, should be put on permanent hold, until FSD is done. ?
Part of the reason the car is great, is because of these other updates. No one else gets them. My BMW didn’t.
I would rather, (so would most other people) want to keep them coming, AND work on FSD at the same time.
I hope you can multitask at your work, your employer would be disappointed, if you could only work on one thing at a time.

No, I wouldn't rather have stupid video games. And since FSD Beta works better than current AP, they should put it out. The tiny updates they release - even if from a different group - should still improve the current fsd, but they don't. I still can't go down a canyon road without the car going over double lines and trying to crash into cliff walls. Yet I watch people w fsd go down the same road with ease. Also when you tease it's going to be a big update with things you want and things you didn't know you wanted, then I'd expect bigger changes than video games and visualizations. He knows people are waiting on fsd beta, so why make a big stink like something amazing is coming on Xmas? Doesn't make sense that there not only wasn't fsd beta, but there also wasn't anything that he's promised (e.g. Bird's eye view, option to make side cameras bigger in reverse, etc).

This isn't like previous years where he promised fsd and didn't deliver. This time everyone can see that the beta works. Is it perfect? No. But now we know it exists and he's not just making stuff up. It seemed like a real possibility we'd all get the beta.

So yeah, I'm frustrated. I paid for FSD as a Xmas gift to myself. I used a good chunk of my savings. And to not even get the beta is the cherry on top of 2020. It's seriously insulting to put out VIDEO GAMES!

obviously people understand that the FSD department is not also in charge of quantifying the best fart noises my car's external speaker can make.

The update doesn't include fsd beta? Just a few games that nobody plays in the first place? I'm so tired of this. I paid so much money for FSD.

I actually lol’d. Merry Christmas you ungrateful fetuses. Some of us had our FSD money taken from us in 2016, with promises of imminent functionality.

/shakes cane and goes into back spasm

You’ll take your fart noise and you’ll like it, thank you very much. My car doesn't have an external speaker, but I've got your Snake Jazz right here, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
It's seriously insulting to put out VIDEO GAMES!

If you equate $10k with a few video games and animations then I get the frustration. FSD is a long (looooonnnngggggggg) haul.

some of you enjoy bitching.

Just focus on enjoying the anticipation maybe? We can all dream. Reality rarely delivers absolute perfection, but still good stuff.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy